Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    i hate to be that guy... but no problems still with crimson. i don't play many games. csgo, fo4, borderlands 2 and bf4.... but i guess the problems some people report are also just the way i run my gpu most of the time. in afterburner i have a profile for my overclock and then a profile saved with all the sliders down for when i'm afk. i disable powerplay and all that jazz to lock my clock speeds so i take away that automatic BS. i fixed the fo4 compass issue with the dll replacement stuff. csgo is running like a dream, like usual and to be expected from my rig. *shrugs*

2. xermit

xermit Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980ti @ 1470
    About the flickering compass in FO4: Is DLL's from 15.11.1 makes no difference in performance compared to 15.11.1 driver?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  3. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    yes and there is a fix

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399547

download the directX 11-12 15.11.1 DLL and put them in the folder your fallout4.exe is

EDIT: CAN WE GET A STICKY PLEASE!!!!

4. xermit

xermit Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980ti @ 1470
    Thanks! And performance-wise it's identical to 15.11.1 driver? Then i'll stay with 15.11.1 drivers.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It seems to be something like that yeah. AW I meant Armored Warfare tho it uses the new CryEngine.

6. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Those dll's are from 15.11.1, so if you copy them to your game, that means your game will run with 15.11.1 instead of the crimson driver.

7. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    I get around +7.5% improvement in DX11 and -2.3% in DX12 after benching. In games, Dirt Rally for example I appear to be losing a few fps as its not as smooth. Also noticed weird clock issues with Afterburner. Despite the cards being linked they are showing running at different frequencies. XFire doesn't appear to be working despite being enabled as the FPS is the same as a single card. Using an 380x.

I'll remove all AMD stuff again tonight, including afterburner, then attempt to get everything up and running again.

Strange thing was, even with DDU and cleaner, Crimson still picked up on old games profiles so there's possibly old stuff interfering with the new Crimson install.

8. kandata94

kandata94 Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X DirectCU II
    I Think that the Shader cache works even with 15.11.1 dll in the witcher 3, resolving the pixelated artifacts too.
    The difference is noticeable, i tried to revert back to 15.11.1 beta and in TW3 there was too much stutter. Maybe the shader cache is the real mvp of crimson driver.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Good to know ;)
    BTW chances are the stutter is fixed by the changes in the Flip Queue Size setting in Crimson driver.
    Witcher 2 stuttering could be fixed by setting Flip Queue Size to 1 in RadeonPro. So if you must revert back to previous driver at some point, you could try the RP trick.

Yup, that's the one. I also reported to AMD, hope they can fix it soon.
    Pretty sure all these glitches are the same, guessing some/certain shader code triggers it.
    Also disabling Shader Cache doesn't seem to help as a workaround atm.

Still, I like the new driver and people reporting it fixes a lot of stuttering etc. issues sounds good. Takes a while for the Crimson to mature enough I think.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  10. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Damn that are some huge improvements, more than a 10% increase in average FPS! Dont know if the benchmark of Tomb Raider had some fluctuations to begin with though. I am liking these drivers non the less, smooth and stable.

11. Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd Member

GPU:
    Fury Nitro
    Still trying to figure out how to lock the clocks.

12. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
  13. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    many seem to have issues with msi AB it works for me on windows 10 no issues

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    AB works for me too, only issue that reports some things wrong. Isnt bothering me tho...

15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Another thing I noticed is that after the shader cache was created for Battlefront, the CPU temperatures when loading between levels have increased dramatically. From a max of 81c (!) and the temps hovering around 74-79c when loading between levels, now there is a very normal bump to 70 and then it stays in the middle 60s.

16. Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd Member

GPU:
    Fury Nitro
  17. kandata94

kandata94 Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X DirectCU II
    I hadn't thought of that either, unfortunately radeon pro for me causes crash at startup to all the new games (fifa 16,FO4, TW3,batman AK), i tried everything but nothing to do. Thanks for the tip anyway. At this point i think that dll in the folder don't override flip queue size imposed by crimson driver, right?:nerd:

18. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    the clocks of overdrive not save after restart or turn off the pc(only the energy) , and reduce the memory cause a bug and memory lock to 1300 mhz and the core in 500mhz in my case .

19. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    If you are receiving memory or install errors make sure to uninstall all GPU OC software (AB, TRIXX ect).

So before installing remove these apps first and any profiles associated with it.

20. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire