Download and Discussion - AMD Radeon Crimson 16.8.1 Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by vase, Aug 8, 2016.

1. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    247 MB? what happened there...

Anyway im gonna install later.

Thanks!

3. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    It's 246 MB here. :D Anyway, tnx for posting.

4. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Release Notes:

Source (at the bottom you can find all the download links):

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    They compressed the installer more than usual. As for the driver DLL themselves, there is certainly a reduction, but nothing really big. Most of the total compressed packages are 50-150KB smaller. Seems like a lot of code cleanup to me.

6. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    The Win10 14393.10 build (Anniversary build released to the public) is once again choking on the AMD 16.8.1 certificates and refusing to install/run them unless secure boot is turned off. It's kind of bizarre, because AMD had fixed the problem in the 16.7.3's, so I thought we were good to go from that point on--so I have dropped back to the 16,7.3's because I'd rather run secure boot than the latest hotfix drivers. Hopefully they'll get it ironed out permanently, eventually.

7. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    I added some extra compression to the driver packager process, glad someone noticed at least :)

8. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    The 16.7.3 drivers were WHQL signed, these are not. Yes it will be sorted out later on since it requires extra certification by Microsoft even for none WHQL builds.

9. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    anybody know if AMD will be releasing the special Crimson "Omega" drivers this year? I thought they were going to be releasing these once a year...

10. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Omega and Crimson were just certain points in the driver code that had huge changes / end of life for some products.

AMD will be working hard on getting this new Crimson line rock steady before making any major moves.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nothing much between these and 16.7.3 for the Atiapfxx.blob dump, changes to Hitman and The Division crossfire profiles and Minecraft has the HighPerfGPU flag added.

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    End of the year.

13. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Drats, just like 16.7.3, these 16.8.1 drivers hang my 2x Radeon 7970M Windows 10 1607 (also 1511) system every time I try to restart/shutdown Windows (the circle just stops and the system is unresponsive). :(

16.7.2 still works fine.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  14. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    I've just bumped into this issue. Is there any workaround besides disabling secure boot? How about disabling driver signature enforcement? Would that be enough to bypass this thing?

Thanks!

EDIT: OK, so I gave disabling driver signature enforcement a go and, even though it appeared to have worked at first, I start getting the same error messages at the end of installation and after restarting Windows, I could see that the HDMI audio drivers weren't properly installed.
    I've rolled back to 16.7.3.

I'll report this to AMD and Microsoft.

Cheers!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    16.8.1 installed just fine for me w/o any signing issues, did an upgrade install. Not sure what's going on with others. If there was a bad cert, it would be affecting anyone with AU installed.

16. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Nope, Microsoft introduced W10 Redstone changes for the driver signing really only for fresh installations, upgrade installations are excluded.
    Also other drivers like the one of cFosSpeed are affected. Current workaround is to disable SecureBoot until the programs come with drivers which meet the new signing requirements.

17. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    Upgrade build here and still the same issues. It's with all versions, what seems to be happening is if you have not restarted your PC since the install of the latest build, it will install without any issues, but as soon as you reboot, it will give you trouble. Not sure why it doesn't happen all the time.

18. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
  19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Haha, nice. It confuses me too, since I usually connect size changes to code changes :D

20. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    As an update the Redstone issue is being fixed at the moment. If anyone has any issues with Freesync the workaround would be to enable GPU scaling that is also being looked at too along with some other issues.