Diamond MX300 mods

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by NapalmV5, Feb 29, 2008.

1. NapalmV5

NapalmV5 Member Guru

opamp: TL740C
    clock: NKG

[​IMG]

ive been testing this mx300 for the past few days.. seriously this 10 year old mx300 puts to shame all/any other out there.. mattero fact sounds so extraordinary it shall/will remain in its virgin form

music: i just dont get this kinda intense sound even from cmi8788

games: xfi has nothing on a3d effects/quality

movies: this is where it lacks the center channel but thats where mx25 comes in @ digital

idk about you guys but i cant imagine where we'd be now if aureal still be around.. way ahead of whats "modern" now thats for sure

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    Diamond sucks my first kinda god pc has a vga diamond a50 speedstar...and im not happy them hahhahhaha from sound i dont know what they make that days

3. NapalmV5

NapalmV5 Member Guru

lol from that days they made the best sound cards around.. and they still are

i got both mx300/hdav installed and hdav doesnt beat mx300 @ music/games

hdav+opa637 still doesnt beat mx300 @ music/games

back and forth between the two.. mx300 is more powerful/intense than hdav believe it or not

i wish i could say otherwise but mx300 whoops hdav+opa637 arses :)

4. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForceā„¢ 8800 GTS Fat
    *cries*

I still have a Aureal Vortex 2 SuperQuad Digital, which has the Optical SPD/IF output, but also missing the center channel on analog. I loved games with A3D to bits. Soundwise, even with just headphones, back then I always had the upperhand above my friends in FPS games.

Music...its still awesome. I dont think its the MX300 that is that good, I think its the AU8830 chip that is THAT good.

Oh what I would give to get 64bit windows drivers for this card, but for now it will live on in my Linux PC.