Diablo 4 is Real

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Blizzard was originally going to announce that Diablo 4 was in development at the studio this past weekend during BlizzCon, but cut the announcement at the last minute....

Diablo 4 is Real

warlord likes this.
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Nobody would outrage as much for Diablo: Immortal, if this was the case. This is what people expected, this is what the pre-BlizzCon hype was about. The hype that was created by Blizzard as well.

However, reasons as to "Why" it was removed is a mistery.

3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    So they "could" pull a Bethesda, and simply announce that there will be a Diablo 4, after they have revealed Immortal? You know, Bethesda only showed a pre-rendered terrain with a logo, and it was enough to please the fans. Why the f didn't ActiBlizzard do this as well? I mean, they could have just showed a black screen with the words "Diablo 4" written on it, and it would have been enough!

varkkon likes this.
  4. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    In coming damage control 1 2 3, saw this a mile away. If people would not of freaked out toward that mobile abomination announcement I am sure nothing on D4 would be on the NET right now. [ decided to pull it due to the fact that they aren’t "ready to commit to an announcement." ] I don't know... as far as I can read that = it does not exist yet.

Did everyone hear that POE(Path of Exile) is coming to the PS4 as well now :) , that is on the same day as the 3.5.0 expansion for the PC and XB1. Anyways Blizzard got what they deserved, the whole thing was ridiculous what did they expect would happen.

Picolete likes this.

5. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I wish all the luck in the world to PoE. It's a good game, if only a bit bland in its visuals (at times - some areas look pretty). I also wish luck to the upcoming expansion to Grim Dawn.

varkkon likes this.
  6. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    I know, it's freaking insane and shows just how out of touch and arrogant they are. I mean even Nintendo showed a Metroid Prime 4 logo, it's not hard to do and the customer service and company face would get a massive ++.

Crazy hey, I don't get it either.

emperorsfist likes this.
  7. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    I agree, am a fan of POE it's an solid ARPG I really like it. Yeah man I can't freaking wait for Forgotten Gods it looks amazing! Grim Dawn owns and is a fav of mine. Another one to watch for is Torchlight Frontiers that comes out next year. Check out the YouTube gameplay vids looks really good, only beef I can find is it is always online like Diablo 3 and POE other than that looks awesome!

Am still hopeful that D4 will own but if it never happens or sucks I will live there are a lot of other options now. Hopefully Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem will be amazing once it is finally finished as well, fingers crossed.

emperorsfist likes this.
  8. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I mean, Bethesda even emphasised on stage that TES6 was only in pre-production, and that it would be another circa 5 years before it would see the light of day, and the people were still content. ActiBlizz could have just said: "Hey, D4 is coming at some point, but we can't say when, since it's still in pre-production."

It would have sufficed, and they'd have the crowd cheering (and Acti's stocks wouldn't fall).

9. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I really hope that Wolcen pulls through. It looks really nice and I like that it does a few things differently that other "Diablo clones" (which can seemingly become official games at this point...).

And yes, Forgotten Gods better deliver. I really enjoy Ashes of Malmouth (I'm a sucker for the lovecraftian theme of Grim Dawn in general), and hope they continue the story.

varkkon likes this.
  10. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    I know, that is what was so cool about Bethesda. Such a small sign of respect and care can go such a long way, large corporations seem to loose touch of this or simply don't care. So simple hey what you said would of made so many happy and satisfied, all well maybe we will see something during the Video Game Awards this year sort of bet money on that considering what happened.

Same here, I feel the same way about Wolcen it has mad potential just hope they get some good luck and start to move forward at a faster pace. Ashes of Malmouth was so good, loved that expansion I am sure Forgotten Gods will be as good or better. Me too the world and atmosphere owns(plus gameplay and ARPGing of course), LOL if they put up a logo for Grim Dawn 2 and a pre order button I probably buy it now.

11. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    I dont understand why when they were standing on stage looking like total asses they could of just said D4 is coming and all would be fine FFS. Maybe theu did this to see how much the community still cared about diablo.

12. Mateja

Mateja Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    Blizzard would be flamed for showing something with no timetable for a release, and they'll be flamed for not showing anything. I am not expecting the next Diablo for at least a few years if it's half as amazing as Diablo III was. I think there is an general under estimation of how much work goes into the writing, gameplay, design, music, and cinematics of high definition gaming which was on the verge of death around final fantasy xv Era which became known as the game to save high definition gaming. (the HD gaming industry had suffered from corporate interests focused too much on maximizing profit from lame mobile games, and the high cost of such high fidelity development that only teams of tens to hundreds of well paid artists can produce). I am sure Blizzard has a PR team working to avoid the same mistakes that Square Enix, Capcom, Sega and all the other best game developers have endured

also I super hope that it has a 'real money auction house' (rmah) like D3 did. It was super fun to sell elite gears and get a quarter to your PayPal account lolz (and it was totally optional you could sell for game money too. and then it was removed for legal issues). Diablo III is an awesome free MMO (and a solid solo RPG at the same time you don't even have to play w/ online people. and I say that as a huge rpg elitist I play mostly final fantasy Zelda and dragon quest. never thought I would like a Diablo game). folks should go download and play it if they're so interested! :)

personally, I am super excited to hear rumors of this being considered! i'm not sure about all the details on this allegation but if they did walk back some announcement, it smells to me like something is actually in development :D it seems to me that companies have been trending to less hype is more / wait till you have something awesome to show / no more than 1-2 years before release, which, I think is a great idea because the more years a trailer has to sit in the cesspool of negativity bias that is the internet the worse it is for it's image (the game, and the company).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    We all know, at some point, there will be D4. It's certain. People are upset because the point of time when they are able to throw their money at Blizz is postponed due to Blizz milking mobile gamers.

Business wise, they did it smart, they will earn more money off of Imortal than D3 probably. Community wise, they screwed up by not giving their fans an opportunity to spend their money on something they wanted.

So all in all, they changed the business plan to micro transactions, and their fanbase doesn't like it. It's a hazardous game, if they earn that much more from the "new" customers on mobile than on left out sales on PC.
    Same as with hardware, people are desperately waiting for something new to throw their money at, but if you don't get that, it's hardly anything more frustrating to a customer that is able to spend money on something, yet isn't offered anything.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I disagree. Nintendo showed a Metroid Prime 4 logo and that was enough for the fans to cry of happiness. Bethesda showed a teaser for TES and that was also enough. Just as long as regular small updates are handed out to the fans it's enough for most. I personally wouldn't expect game play at BlizzCon but a small announcement would have helped a lot.

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I am going to call this massive damage control or complete BS, because the artical is from the same person who was not only attacking the Dibalo fans at the convention, but he was one of those trying to push this into the whole male gamers hating women nonsense because of the reaction towards a mobile game from those at the conn, so i would take anything this bampot writes with a large pinch of salt, a really large pinch of salt.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    emperorsfist and Picolete like this.

16. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    with reception they got from diablo immortal
    even they have diablo4 on development they would keep it hidden at least for now
    fans would be hyped with the D4 announcement if they did indeed

but that annoucement also effectively kill diablo:immortal instantly
    no one would ever care about it anymore and just wait D4

for now even probably most people dont care about it
    at least what people mind is "this is the only diablo game" for now
    so some people might try play it

17. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    this is exactly why i avoid gizmodo and its sister sites like the plague. its a shame because not many places exist that hit as diverse and optimal (for me) a list of topics. But the sjw agenda and blatant bias is enough to make you nauseous.

still looking for a less agenda driven tech blog that sticks to what is applicable.

18. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
  19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Impossible. D3 will still be more profitable, due to being a dual game. And it is for years out from standard to collectors editions, meanwhile, it can be played on all consoles now. They only want more money without effort. That's mobile gaming. They use their franchise to milk the cow.

RzrTrek likes this.
  20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'd be careful to say it's impossible... I'd have never believe that rubbish mobile games could be making money and then I realised those mobile companies have so much money they don't even know what to do with it. Like Clash of Clan's maker Supercell, which has a revenue in the billion $ per year with only mobile games. Couldn't have imagined that either, and they're not even the biggest mobile gaming company.

21. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I hope it's true. Maybe with Diablo 4 they can write the wrongs that they did with Diablo 3 and this year's Blizcon.
    Not only that if they were honest with us instead of beating around the bush. Heck they even lied to us about Diablo Immortal being from the ground up since the game is outsourced to a company in China which means a reskin of another ARPG.