Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    [08-09-2016] PC Patch notes for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patch build 545.4
    We have just released another PC patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, v1.4 build 545.4_P5. This patch focusses on critical issues that were reported by users during the last weeks after release.
    This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

The following fixes are in this patch:
    - Fixed a freeze that happened for some players during the subway loading scene.
    - Fix for issue where massive stalls would occur in Prague.
    - Fixed issue where players could no longer save when they ran out of Steam Cloud space. (When the player runs out of space, the oldest saves will now be removed from the Steam Cloud. They will NOT be deleted and are still available from disk. They will remain present in your in-game ‘load game’ list.
    - Improved shadow behaviour in the distance when Contact Hardening Shadows is turned on.
    - Fixed issue where tutorial messages could stay/re-appear on-screen after completing the tutorial.
    - Fixed an issue where players could lose input control when hacking certain computers.
    - Fixed various UI issues.

Release of DirectX 12 support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
    As of today, users are also able to utilize the awaited DirectX 12 Graphics API. To activate this you are required to do the following:
    Within your Steam Library, right-click on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
    Select ‘properties’ from the context menu and navigate to the Beta tab.
    From the dropdown menu, select dx12_preview then close the window.

After the game has downloaded the DirectX 12 supported build you can then toggle DirectX 12 from either the launcher window or from the Display options within the game.
    Note that DirectX 12 requires a restart of the game if (de-)activated from within a running Deus Ex: Mankind Divided game session.

o WARNING: Using the DirectX 12 API can offer better performance on some systems, however, it will not be beneficial on all.
    o Multi-GPU is not yet supported in this patch.
    o If you encounter problems with DirectX 12, we recommend turning it off again. There are no visual or gameplay differences between the two DirectX versions.
    o As always, make sure that your drivers are up to date.

Known DirectX 12 issue:
    - There is a known bug that causes some very high end cards to regress relative to DirectX 11. This bug is being addressed by the development team.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on older versions, we have made a Beta available on Steam, v1.0_build524.6, v1.0_build524.7, v1.1_build524.10, v1.2_build524.15 and v1.3_build524.17 that can be used to switch back to previous versions.

We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!

2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Ok, so, how big is this DX12-version patch? EXE update or more to it?

3. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    patch is ~200MB, DX12 is another 77MB. exe in game folder is 95MB so maybe it's packed exe at best

run each benchmark 3 times ultra @1080 + TAA MSAAx0:

DX11 - 59.2 FPS
    DX12 - 58.8 FPS
    :rolleyes:

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Some 200 MB as it also includes some game fixes and not just changes to the exe code. :)

5. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Disappointing.

Your turn AMD guys, hope you guys see a boost...otherwise...it looks like another BF1 situation.

p.s. I get over 100fps in BF1 @1920x1200 online. To see such low numbers for a single-player game... :puke2:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Jonas if you have the game do a Fury testing comparision. :p

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Can't unfortunately, as per the release notes some GPU's can not enable DX12 and it seems I am one of those affected by that.

EDIT: Altering the setting via regedit should work though and that way I can also disable async compute to check how exactly that affects performance. :)

EDIT: Nope, reverts to DX11 too.

8. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Slightly worse performance for me.

DX12
    [​IMG]

DX11
    [​IMG]

9. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    GPU usage is awful with DX12: Prague hub at night, exact same place:
    DX11 99%
    DX12 73%

10. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Eh? That can't be right. Fury = no DX12 support? wtf?

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    No DX12 works of course (As checked with Rise of the Tomb Raider, Hitman 2016 and Quantum Break. :D ) but there's something with this game and either the new 16.9.1 drivers or just not supporting all specific models of certain GPU's that is causing D3D12 to be grayed out and unsupported but it's a known issue ("certain high end GPU's" as if that could be any vaguer.) and should hopefully be fixed in the next patch. :)

EDIT: Ah now I see they're using a separate beta branch for the game with d3d12 support.

12. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Seriously...no visual difference? They announce it's a DX12 game. Then they tell us there's a DELAY on the DX12 features. Then they announce THE PATCH THAT WILL MAKE IT DX12. And then nothing really happens. Awesome Square Enix marketing there...:3eyes:

13. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Ah I see. Probably because FuryX and RX480 got priority. :bang:

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah perhaps, they also updated the announcement post to clarify you had to opt into that beta/preview version of the game for D3D12 support.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/0/343785574535318768/

EDIT: It's the same build version of the game so only the game exe will be altered but it has the same fixes otherwise. :)

EDIT:

D3D12 Async Off
    [​IMG]

D3D12 Async On
    [​IMG]

D3D11
    [​IMG]

If you are CPU limited D3D12 helps but in my case with a GPU limit it's only mildly beneficial and that's AFAIK mostly because the small boost offered by async compute. :)
    (Across three runs with similar "scores" async cause some small stall or something that tanks minimum framerate for second or less but it still shows in the final framerate figures and all in all well half a framerate gain compared to DX11 isn't much heh but then again D3D12 is mostly useful for more CPU limited systems.)

2560x1440
    Ultra settings. (Bit above what my own GPU can handle admittedly and also a bit above what 4 GB VRAM can handle.)

TAA & MSAA were both disabled.
    (TAA is blurry and MSAA is too demanding.)

Sharpening and chromatic aberration were also disabled, I don't expect these two to make much of a framerate difference however and I mainly just don't like the exaggerated sharpening effect and the distortion in CA. :D

EDIT: Were I to use graphics settings more fitting to my own system I'd probably see better overall gains between D3D12 and D3D11 too. :)
    (Which I think is something like the "High" preset at 1920x1080 without MSAA and possibly TAA enabled.)

(V.High was something like a 1070 I think and AMD doesn't really have a single GPU that matches that so Fury in Crossfire I guess and then Ultra for mainly future GPU models or possibly 1080 in SLI.)

15. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Lmfao! :D:D:D

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Give us some Fury benching Rich if you have the game (as you can see Jonas unfortunately cant do it)

Curious to see how Fury's perform seeing even Pascal cards are showing negative performance vs dx11 in some tests i've seen.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I just finished editing my post with results from said beta branch and well overall the gains are minimal or even non-existent compared to DX11 ("half a framerate." :p ) but my system for the settings I used is (much) more GPU limited than CPU limited which is what DX12 primarily helps with so on some less taxing "normal" settings for this system I could probably see better gains between the two API's.

I do not remember what the recommended specs were for the various presets but I think a single Fury GPU and slightly older CPU was something like the "High" preset without MSAA and then V.High recommended a 1070 and either Fury X or Fury Crossfire or some such as AMD doesn't have a single GPU that directly competes against Pascal, 480 is a bit more mid-range against the 1060 if I remember correctly.

Ultra would then be for 1080's in SLI or the "Titan X" though more for future model GPU's although at "just" 1920x1080 a FuryX Crossfire system or a 980Ti SLI might be able to sustain above 30 FPS at least. :)
    (With D3D12 possibly boosting AMD GPU's slightly depending on GPU and CPU combo and whether it's primarily a GPU or CPU limited although at "Ultra" it's probably always going to be GPU limited unless you really turn down the screen resolution.)

EDIT: Similar to Rise of the Tomb Raider I believe and then when D3D12 was updated to include async compute support AMD saw a further 10% gain depending on system specs.
    (Which can help a little bit but when hitting 30 or sub-30 FPS - which you can do in multiple areas in the game at higher settings even with a high-end GPU. - then well a 3 FPS gain isn't much but it's still a gain even if it doesn't make a huge difference.)

EDIT: DX12 can of course help and over time we'll probably see it better and better utilized but it's not going to give some miracle performance boost as might have been initially believed by many due to a lot of marketing and hype from various sources. :D
    (But push a system to max and it might not be any major gains as seen with these recent games when you get a highly GPU limited scenario.)

Not that I'm a expert or anything though, going to be interesting to see what benchmarks from other users and professional sites like this one will see for results in testing across a broader range of hardware. :)

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Don't have it sorry, and im on Win 7. :p

20. Hully

Hully Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC
    hi, i had same issue but and found that if you look in the beta tab on the game properties in steam then you can opt in for DX12 which seems to work.

DX11 also slightly better perf for me too