CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) Tips, Tricks and Monitors OC (LCD/LED/CRT)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 3, 2016.

1. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    I don't have pixel acceleration.

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Yes you do, all recent monitors for the last several years have it. It's commonly listed in the settings as Standard, Faster, Fastest or Standard and Optimal/Enhanced. It's supposed to speed up pixel rate to change color and reduce ghosting, but can cause issues with VRR.

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    @DigDeep, @Chastity means pixel overdrive.

4. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    Oh, response time, ok, will lower it or turn it off. Does turning this off significantly decrease performance?

5. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    That helped, but if Firefox uses Hardware acceleration, youtube still goes to blank in full screen. Is there any fix for this?

And what about HDMI 2.0 wich features to enable?

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hardware acceleration is up and down going by posts on the AMD Reddit although I'm not sure if it's specific browsers, Youtube and it's various different codecs (VP8, VP9 and then AV1 though even with it enabled in Test Tube it's less commonly used.) or the drivers that broke something but from what it's looking like it could the higher resolution VP9 videos that are a problem, disabling HW acceleration and using the "Stats for Nerds" on Youtube's video should show what it's encoded with. :)

Posts range from black screens, driver resets and even bluescreen and being forced to do a full system restart as a result so all in all it looks like AMD has some testing and work for resolving whatever is going on here.

Maddness likes this.
  7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    No, but enabling it can cause incompatibilities with other features. It's best to keep it on Standard settings, so you are compliant. Won't affect framerates or anything of the sort.

8. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    Actually screen still goes blank in full screen, even if response time is disabled or at full ,medium or low.

9. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    So basically Freesync can't work properly on my monitor, screen goes black.

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Did you check for firmware updates for your monitor? What monitor are you using?

11. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
  12. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    Hah, My friend have LG 27MP-68HM-P + RX 480 and he also have random black-out while gaming. We not fixed it but restraint this issue by changed cable for better quality ones. Seems to not related to Freesync or other option.

Maybe it's not the same problem as your, but i think it's good to mention it.

yasamoka likes this.
  13. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    Im reading the internet and it seems everyone who has RX 580 has problem with Freesync, their monitor blacks out, so I think it is not problem in this app, but in 580 gpu.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  14. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    Actually issue is in drivers, Freesync in version 17.11.3 works ok, no flickering or black screen, so AMD needs to fix this, but probably wont, because this is told on their forum 100x times already and they didnt fixed it yet.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  15. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    Wierd thing happened, I installed driver v19.9.2 and Freesync works Ok, I cant find anything related to Freesync fix in release, so I dont know if driver is fixed or it is working now because I used driver v17.11.3 where Freesync works normally without black screens.

16. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    Today it reverted, freesync is not working anymore on new version, only on driver v17

17. DigDeep

DigDeep Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX580 GTS Black
    AMD probably added some reader for source code of CRU Freesync and if it finds it it disables CRU enabled Freesync, that is why it is not working in versions later than 17.11.3. Someone should check this and fix it. But I dont know if Ihave neccesary skills, maybe I do but I have to find right program to do that job.

18. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    6600XT
    hello.looking for some advice

I am on triple monitor set up center is Asus and 2 Dells on the sides.all of them are supposed to be 48-75Hz freesync range and I would like to improve this.

its weird mow because I have managed to get my center monitor freesync range extended, not tried yet with the 2 side ones,https://ibb.co/Khd28TV

and it also shows this new range when I hoover my mouse over Radeon freesync in the Driver app https://ibb.co/9wmsqL6

but then when I start a game, it seems Freesync is actually deactivated on the monitor.I have Refresh rate display showing, normally the refresh rates continuously adapting when between 48 and 75Hz but here it is just locked at 75Hz and I get stutter and tearing visibly noticeable

I tried with Vsync ON and OFF, same results.

I am on Windows 10 1909 and Radeon driver 19.10.1 so any advice really appreciated

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Your monitor don't have LFC (Lower Frame Rate Compensation)
    Try different values e.g. if was 48-75 then give 40-75Hz...

My iiyama working with max 29-75Hz NP (Now i have set this to 30-75).

20. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    6600XT
    hello. Actually I was trying 40-75hz range already so you must have read in my mind

anyway, I progressed in a surprising way. I set the 3 monitors in CRU at 40-75Hz then created the Eyefinity Group and launched a game to see what would happen.
    Bingo, refresh rate going to 40Hz with Freesync kicking in!

but its not stable, the 2 side monitors would flicker with black screen for 1-2s or even completely lose signal when the refresh rate goes below the 48Hz that is the lower end of my monitor Freesync range and I have to reboot my machine to get them back.

i can see there is a copy/paste function in CRU so can it be that my 2 Dells monitors on the sides dont quite match the center Asus one?

should I start from scratch again and get this copy function running with the Asus monitor setting replicated in both Dells monitors?

apologize if this has been asked hundreds times on this thready but I am discovering the software so bit trial and error right now

OnnA likes this.