Corsair Link 3.1.5525 released.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by antonyfrn, Feb 20, 2015.

1. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
  2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I wonder if it actually works now.

3. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Just installed works fine with my H110iGT.

4. Madhatstand

Madhatstand Active Member

GPU:
    Palit 2070 Super JS
    I also spotted it earlier today - seams exactly the same to me but it still only spots 1 GPU - I did however spot that there's now a horrible spelling mistake in the UK language which doesn't instil much confidence!

[​IMG]

Cueck for updates??? lol

Wierdly US setting is fine though

5. Bluedinette

Bluedinette Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 GAMING4
    Vain joy...

it doesn't work Correctly
    problem with my PowerSupply-Temps and CPU-Temps in alternation, detected and not detected

6. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    I'm having issues with the temp of the H100i itself. After installing any other update then: 2.4.5110 I get this issue. back to basics for me. I did read something about the driver not being installed correct but i'm a bit fed up with beta testing.

7. hapkiman

hapkiman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
    I'm just not going to use this with my H80i. I installed it, and then uninstalled it an hour later. It is clunky, wonky, doesn't seems to work 100% right, and caused a few errors in the Event Viewer.

I get just as good as control if not better w/the fan control section of my mobo's BIOS (an MSI Z97 Gaming 7).

I wish they would actually get this ironed out and running smooth. I love my H80i, but Corsair Link sucks.

I disconnected the Corsair Link mini USB from the water block and everything works great.

:nerd:

8. TobyR

TobyR Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Negative, Ghost Rider.

All the effects on my LL 120 fans are still all jacked up. I've replaced Commanders and Nodes and it is down to the software just being a total pile of poo.

9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I wonder if I am in the majority when I say I only use their software to load my default settings in the device firmware then shut it down. The only time I relaunch is for updates or to change colors on the keyboard or recal the mouse.

10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I keep mine running....like to check my temps and power usage from time to time.

11. ontelo

ontelo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You don't need to start the app for that. You can tune your settings like you wish and save them as default for the device. Then you can forgot/uninstall the app altogether.

12. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Here is the changelog:

Changelog:
    • No new features.

Bug Fixes:
    • LINK no longer shows an extra AMD GPU.
    • Updating Lighting Node PRO when daisy-chained to Commander PRO on AMD X399 no longer results in failure.
    • Changing profiles now changes DRAM lighting mode.
    • LINK stability issues on systems with AMD hardware have been mitigated.

Known Issues:
    • Some users are reporting disconnection issues with H115i PRO and H150i PRO coolers. (Fix scheduled for next release.)
    • X370 and X399-based systems may still have stability issues. (Fix ongoing.)
    • CPU core numbering may not report correctly for some users. (Fix ongoing.)
    • Extra fans may appear under motherboard info after LINK is left running over an extended period of time. (Fix ongoing.)
    • Mechanical hard disks may not enter sleep state. (Workaround scheduled for next release.)
    • LL RGB fans will require the Corsair LINK software to function. This is a limitation of the Lighting Node PRO and Commander PRO hardware.
    • CPUs with more than 16 cores will not report all cores. This is a limitation of Corsair LINK being a 32-bit application.
    Discussion at corsair forums: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174823

13. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Also new CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE) Software 2.23.40 | 02/12/18

14. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Dear Corsair, you make wonderful products. We love your hardware.

Sort out your terrible software and you will conquer the world!

BangTail likes this.
  15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    This is one of the worst pieces of software I have ever come across.

It singlehandedly bricked 2 H80i coolers a few years ago and even though I have bought Corsair 'i' branded coolers since, I never even bother to connect the USB cable as I do not want to risk bricking the pump.

How this janky as f*ck crap was ever allowed in the wild is totally beyond me.

I sincerely hope that it is vastly improved.

16. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It has to totally suck when you get problems with the software, however ever since the last year or so, honestly .. it just runs really well for me. I'm surprised to see such agonizing comments still. Which is not good.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I always get a cold shiver when I hear there is a new version of this software available

That said, as with HH ^^ The last few builds have discovered my hardware first time rather than the usual carry on of having to reboot and reinstall and uninstall drivers and reinstall drivers and still not get anywhere, then have to downgrade again that it used to do every single time

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't really have a problem with link anymore but cue is still very buggy for me. I also don't get why these two pieces of software aren't combined at this point.. especially if you're into the RGB thing.

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I talked about that with Corsair during Computex, that actually is in the works. However, as with most things, it is a huge undertaking to merge two different softwares. I will not be surprised to see the first combined unified version somewhere this year though.

Denial likes this.
  20. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    In the interests of objectivity, I have not tried the latest one but my past experiences with it as well as the numerous bad experiences I have read about make me very apprehensive about trying it again.

As I said in my previous post, I really hope it has improved for the sake of those that do use it ;)