CoD: Black Ops III - Launch Gameplay Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III is a ultimate 3-games-in-1 experience. In Campaign mode, you must navigate the hot spots of a new Cold War to find your missing brothers. Players can play the campaign coop...

CoD: Black Ops III - Launch Gameplay Trailer

2. scr3am

scr3am Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Looking good but the first thing that caught my eye is how Nielsen never heard of Star Wars Battlefront. Black Ops 3 hype has paled in comparison.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    While this does look better than the last installments, I still can't see myself playing a COD game again, think my last one was Black Ops 1.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This looks much better than the previous instalments, hopefully it plays better too. The gfx for this so far are pretty stunning for a COD.

I don't mp at all these days, but im always on the look out for something to jump into.

Edit: That trailer was epic! Its great to see that they've dropped the "Dude Bro!" attitude that's put me off COD for so long. And someones finally making use of those awesome mechsuits/body armor that is so popular on Deviant Art.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    How come people are still willing to pay for Call of Duty?

6. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Exactly where I am at. Honestly I didnt care fore Modern Warfare 2 or MW3, and all of the newest COD games. But I really did like Black OPS 1.
    I really want another World at War COD though.

7. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Clean gfx, pure gaming fun, and wait...zombies! What's wrong with that ?

Fans will find this game great, haters will..you know.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Its mind-boggling isnt it? To see people willingly spending their money on remakes of remakes of remakes.

Sure, these games are not all exactly the same.. they need to be just different enough to get people to buy them. And this game may even be good enough to justify spending the money on, but its just SO old hat at this point.

the well is dry, for me anyway. My last COD was MW. Loved that game, but since then its just so played out.

9. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    its not being a hater call of duty, assasin creed they just keep reskin the same old game and remove portions of the game sell as dlc for pre orders and microtransactions to make fast money its boring and a rip off, if you take gta 5 it was a few years after gta 4 but its a new game not just a reskin every year like cod and assasin creed , cod and assasin creed they need stop release it every year , make it every 3 years and build a new game instead of the crappy reskins

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Most anticipated 2015 fps game, err.. no.

[​IMG]

Lol that's the main part, game changing multiplayer.. ok...

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Its at the point now where these trailers say the same $hit that you see in Truck commercials.

"Most power truck engine EVAR"

"This new Ford/GMC/Dodge is a GAME-CHANGER"

Literally they will say absolutely anything to try to convince consumers that this product is the latest and greatest and you will die depressed and alone if you don't go buy it right now.

I miss the good old days when products and their performance themselves did the talking.. not some marketing execs who are trying to make people believe in their spin.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    For me it fell apart when they went to Modern setting.

13. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    [​IMG]

14. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    I am a CoD fan. Let's get that out the way. I have played the lot.

However, the games which really put me off were Ghosts and Advanced Warfare. It was the performance really; just horrible variable framerate gameplay with random mouse acceleration - just impossible to control the mouse with any accuracy and the ice cream and jelly laser bouncing of AW was just an insult. Even BO2 had its issues with some horrendous version of lag compensation which seemed to hit me hard for some reason. The disparity between server view in killcam and what I was playing live just seemed way off at times.

I played the BO3 beta, not expecting to like it but, truth be told, I did. It was fun just like MW2 (even, gasp, 3), BO1/2.

So I'm buying and hoping...

15. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The true cod fans/players are who played the first series of cods... the classics, what made CoD what it is today, yet at the same time isn't.

Cod1, CodUO, Cod2 ... Cod4. After that was crap, they started milking off the franchise........... dedicated servers got lost to oblivion....... the game was taken off the competetive scene, it was just the xbox360/ps3 kids playin the game.

16. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Yea^ Me too...I just hated the damn Knife kill even though I just pumped 4/5 ak47 rounds in his A**....

17. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    This was officially the last straw for me. I Noped out after MW which was the last to feature dedis.

18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Me too. Didn't really look into cod after that..

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    How come people still pay for: AssCreeds, Bethesda Fallouts/Elder Scrolls, Far Crys, Crysis, Battlefields, Star Wars Battlefronts, Tomb Raiders, Need For Speeds, Anything Ubi related, Early Access, PreOrders and so on?

These are all copy and paste titles. Sequels that are bare minimum effort games. Every last one of them.

Its easy to see why developers don't bother listening to gamers such as yourself. Gamers think they know what they want and when they get it, they complain. If developers listened to gamers, we'd all still be playing WW2 shooters complaining about there not being any other shooters that aren't ww2. Ya know, kinda like in the early 2000's :rolleyes:

Honestly, do yourself a favour and just pay attention to the games that do interest you. Why bother complaining about a series you don't play? Though, im not going to say "Go away I dont want to hear it/ that your opinion doesn't matter", but you should at least make some effort if you are going to complain.

This is the first COD I've genuinely been excited for in a long time, it takes ALOT to excite me when it comes to games ("but this cod, so obviously not"). I cant stand boring real world shooters and its blatanly clear that the industry cant either. I think that's why we don't have tactical shooters such as SWAT/old TC games etc anymore. They're boring, they dont sell, they're not fun and you know what, good, **** the tactical simulator. I play games to have fun, not pretend to be some arm chair soldier.

Its telling about gamers, when the only reason ARMA sells as much as it does, simply because of DayZ. A game that uses a "tactical simulator" as its base, to make a game that is anything but real world. Yet everyone on pc claims to want to another tactial skill based shooter that isn't for the everyman and makes them feel superior to the console crowd, well, Armas right there, yet the majority of you don't play it. Why? I thought OCD was too easy for you?

At the end of the day, COD is the furthest from copy and paste you can get, while still catering to the core fan base by not changing so much as to alienate them. Which is more than can be said for the games I listed above.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I find modern warfare to be a boring setting. The weaponry is getting too easy to use and, in the last 40 years, there isn't any significant historical conflict/war that's worthy of reproducing. World War 2 is where it's at for me. People were complaining about the glut of WWII games about a decade ago but since then, we've had fewer and fewer AAA shooter titles in that time period.

Call of Duty 2 was the last time I found a CoD game really enjoyable.