Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    No mods, not even reshade, it's just the game and that's it. I'm seeing reports of this on the Steam and GoG forums, and the official CDPR forums too. It seems to be known simply as the "Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined!" issue (or just "Cyberpunk 2077 Flatlined" issue). I've googled all I could. I've seen all the suggested solutions. I've tried literally all of them. Nothing worked. It's a bug that can be traced all the way back to basically the game's launch in December, some people had it then. I didn't. For me it's a 'new' bug I never had at the time. Then again I only played my saved game for about 40 hours total, and stopped just a bit after 1.05 came out. I only reinstalled for 1.2 to check things out a bit.

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Better play the game and dont watch those videos.

4. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Has CDPR fixed this game yet?

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    6900 XT getting between 30-35fps at 1080p.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    @jbscotchman

I watched that vid earlier and to me it doesnt look much different

t posing is still there and that the only visual issue i saw during my play through

there were quest bugs i had on one playthrough but second was fine lol weird game indeed

7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Not bad. I can do only 30 fps at those settings :)

[​IMG]

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    So i've been testing patch 1.2 quite a bit, and it doesn't appear that they have reduced the amount of cars / pedestrians on the roads, as some have written. But what it does seem they have done, is nerfed distance where stuff gets loaded in substantially. Dirt on the road, containers, people, etc etc etc... loads in between 10 to 20 meters infront of you now, even with LOD on highest. No doubt a side effect from them trying to get the game playable on those sh1tty consoles, but god damn is it annoying that they didn't only make that change for console, cause the pop in is very annoying now!

9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Yes, I see exactly the same amount of cars and pedestrians on the streets, but it always depends on the location and the time of day. Some areas can look very empty sometimes, though. Regarding the lod, I also think they reduced it a bit, I see shadows popping in at a closer distance than before, but did not notice what you wrote, maybe I should check in the badlands where such issues are much more visible. I will anyway try to reset all the graphical settings, tuning them again and start a new playthrough to see if some of the things I am experiencing, not only lod related, are bound to the savegame or not.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    did they fix scared crouching npc?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I especially noticed it on the harbor of watson, where you can look from one side of the harbor to the other - previously i could see the containers on the other side at all time, now they popped in as i got closer. I also really noticed it with barrels standing around the harbor, popping in at really close distance, where they were visible from much greater distances before.

12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    After further testing I too can confirm that the amount of pedestrians depends on where you are so not been adjusted in busier "hubs" and central locations which are still bustling. Also noticed some LOD changes but nothing overly bothersome.

T-Pose hasn't happened since the 1st boot after patching but I haven't had much playtime in the past few days, hoping to play and test more during the easter weekend.

13. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Pop in is crazy now on patch 1.2 , not fun at all

DannyD and Dragam1337 like this.
  14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Thanks everyone for your input, I'll wait a little longer before resuming play.
    Its great to have user experiences.

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    They should add more steps in the LOD setting. Currently it only has low, med, high. They could add very high and ultra, giving us who didn't have issues with performance higher LOD values to reduce that awful pop in.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I agree but thats where the bad press on performance starts, its the same in any game that can push the envelope.
    I think a downloadable CDPR tool to unlock those options would be the best way to handle it, then it isnt part of the base game.
    As annoying as that would be, theres no way to please everybody, completely.

AsiJu likes this.
  17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just give it up man. CD Projekt screwed us all out of $60. This game will never be what they hyped it up to be.

18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I'm still hooked on GR Wildlands, played it a bit when released but right into it now, it has massive view distances and literally zero pop-in, the hell wants to play games with bad pop-in?
    Big surprise they nerfed the graphics:rolleyes:

19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    If only it allowed to change the key bindings - epic fail in my eyes.

20. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I haven't noticed any pop-in issues so far. If anything, IQ with DLSS seems to be a bit better (ambient occlusion around bushes is less pixelated, fine details like fences look better). Performance has been good for me since the start so no change there. 12 hours into to the new patch and no physics related deaths, that was my one major annoyance before. Driving is definitely improved. I've started a new playthrough with this level-scaling mod:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1712

It's been great so far. If they release some good dlc, I can easily see this becoming my most played game. Already closing in on 300 hours. :eek:

AsiJu, Corrupt^ and Noisiv like this.