CD Projekt apologizes for the release of Cyberpunk 2077 and shows 2021 roadmap

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 15, 2021.

1. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Never understood the hype for it.

Had it been the witcher 4 then fair enough.

But they are not proven in this area.

Bugs are one thing, but disappearing objects, [eople popping in and out, shoddy framerate. Poor physics.

GTA3,GTA4,GTA5 have better physics systems by far.

Police appear from nowhere, half the time don't react.

jbscotchman likes this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    A big thing about Witcher is they have the characters from all the books and other media helping out immensely, I don't know how the original game would have been with a original character without that as for writing and story purposes having all of this helps out immensely.

Though they had a number of original characters even in the first game while omitting some of the bigger established ones too.
    Plenty to go on from the tabletop of Cyberpunk too and I believe the original writer was also far more involved in this too unlike Sapkowski was at least initially.

EDIT: There was also the earlier almost-Diablo like Witcher 1 game and the other designed one as a early 3D action game.

Was a while since i played the resulting Witcher 1 from CD Project, getting into the combat system again is a bit of a task at first. :D
    (Level up group style and suffer a bit initially and then whoop all think that's how it went.)

EDIT: This though I suppose it just needed at least another year of active development and now we're seeing them trying to cover that with patches instead and then putting the next-gen console edition and upgrades for that at the near end of 2021 focusing on whatever can be patched and fixed up alongside whatever the content map looks like for free and paid stuff later on.

3. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Same here, I'm really enjoying it. I guess i've been quite lucky only minor bugs that just make you laugh, no crashes though.

evak, Noisiv, DannyD and 1 other person like this.
  4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Totally, though i'd advise at least 3070 for 1440p for quality experience (and capable cpu), since i manually changed the in-game time to night-time i'm mostly strolling a rain soaked neon Night City at night, looks amazing at times.
    I love the gunplay /upgrade system and i'm still early on in story pretty much. Must be around 65 hrs in.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    beer.gif

Have you ever played a video game?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    theoneofgod likes this.
  6. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I think it's safe to say the game just didn't turn out as most expected.

7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That is being nice. The game bombed on so many levels its not even funny.

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Yeah, I prefer being as nice and possible I guess, still getting the point across. There were multiple things I didn't like about it either.

I'm not bashing them too hard here, Witcher will always be great.

I'm really not sure why/how games regress the way they do during development unless money and or time is an issue. I'd have gladly waited also.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  9. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Tale of the tape, don't believe the hype.
    *Don't even pay attention /follow the hype ignore it.
    All i knew was it was a futuristic shooter.
    Mic drop

Dragam1337 and Noisiv like this.
  10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Mic drop? lol. That is funny.

DannyD likes this.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Hey, you can like it if you want to.

DannyD likes this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    If you like a broken, unfinished game from a company that lied then that's your thing.

Yong Yea breaks it down.

13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    We aren't gonna gatekeep on people who liked the game.

fantaskarsef, Venix and KissSh0t like this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Only reason i was intrested in the game was cause it REMINDED ME of DEUS EX... and it still the only reason but after seeing how bad it runs on ps4/xbox pro I wont get it on those consoles, which leaves the PC and PC is to underpowered to play they i gona want too.

So by time I have system that can all it issue will be fixed,

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    And I have every right to call out the game's flaws.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

' paying attention ' is putting it mildly.
    People are literally writing down everything that gets leaked, and then have a meltdown after realizing that their ' list ' is not 100% identical with the retail product

I watched few minutes of leaked videos and was like meh.. another AAA, Bladerunner, cool, whatever. And then got blown away with the most beautiful city ever to be realized in CG.

DannyD likes this.
  18. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I ignored the hyped, in fact I went out of my way to avoid as much of the media around the game as I could prior to launch. I bought the game purely on what CDPR had done with The Witcher 3.

My thoughts on the game could be summed up as

'enjoyably shallow'. I was one of the lucky folk who didn't suffer any game breaking bugs, my expectations for the game was that we would get something close to GTA in terms of being an open world while delivering a character driven story that came close to The Witcher 3.

Was I surprised that the open world was weak. Yes and no. Yes I was surprised by how bad it actually turned out to be once you dug beyond the surface and No retrospectively though expecting it to be as good as GTA was my fault. I've played plenty of open world games and NONE of them have come even close to doing what Rockstar manages.

Was I surprised that story turned out to be not that great? Again Yes and No. Yes I was expecting something on par with The Witcher 3 and it came no where even close, in fact it fell well short even within it's own genre. The Ghost In The Shell anime have done much better storylines based around big corp tech and the small man trying to take them on (the entire first season of GITS,The Laughing Man Saga, was about this.) Again though looking back retrospectively I am not surprised the story was that great.

1). It had a non descript player created character driving the story, usually a good sign the story is going to be weak
    2). Unlike The Witcher 3 it didn't have an established character or story set from which to draw inspiration
    3). It had Keanu Reeves as a primary character, I mean I love the guy but oscar worthy story and characters is not what you think of when you say his name.

jbscotchman likes this.
  19. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    You can put lipstick on a pig its still a pig

20. evak

evak Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2060 OC
    I enjoyed the game immensely. I went in not expecting to like it because it isn't a genre I'm interested in. But the characters, story and the immersiveness of the setting with the awesome graphics really got me into it. I wasn't really bothered about the AI and stuff, The game was a bit easy in whatever the regular setting was. Didn't bother me since I still ended up spending 137 hours plowing through most of the side missions. At first I didn't care for many of the characters but they sure grew on me and the bitter sweet ending kind of bites.

I finished it yesterday and have some withdrawal symptoms lol. If the DLC is anything like Witcher 3's I'll be looking forward to jumping back in later.

Dragam1337 and XenthorX like this.