Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Wait...

Changing colors on sights?

<--- This colorblind person rejoices.

Fyi, fragmovie should be uploaded probably on monday. With intro/outro probably about 18 minutes, with footage from just november/october (redid some stuff because I was unhappy with the pacing).
    Now off to bed as I work on saturdays too :(

2. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Wanna bet that this DLC will be free for all?

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Hope it has Grand Bazaar/Seine.

Great outdoor infantry maps.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Don't bash me, but I'm not all too impressed right now.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    When I first read about the terrain decoration bug I thought it wasn't a big deal as I felt the game looked fine on ultra.

It wasn't until now after replicating this issue that I realized it's a big problem.

I'm shocked they never fixed this obvious glitch in the game and instead focus on some custom colored hitmarkers.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    This has been answered so many times now but I do it again and hopefuly it will be closure.

When changing the in game settings it keep the old settings plus new ones so setting terrain to ultra and then low loads both up thats why it resets when you reload and thats why you have to load in with ultra and then change it.

Yes it's a bug but not because of missing terrain but in fact too much.

If you look at all the settings there are 4 different settings clearly but with this bug you can ad two of them together for a match.

this will not be "fixed" as the fix for this bug is to just reload the map.

I hope I' ve made sense. Kraken rum is one hell of a drink!

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The siege of shanghai map... there is a hiding spot under a building on the outside of the map.. if you start US side, it is on the far left side of the map, next to B point.

Literally under a building... the space is no more bigger than the helicopter.

One of the heli whores in a game I was playing the other day kept hiding under there to get away from being shot.

Soldiers cannot get to this area.

Ridiculous glitch spot.

Just ridiculous.

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The few times I played vs heli's I got so annoyed that I started taking them out with an RPG...

Harder then any of the other tools, but no way in hell they'll dodge an RPG when it's aimed right.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    True Battlefield 4 Story.

[​IMG]

10. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    HAHAHA that's 10000% true..and darn funny....

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Fragvideo got tanked by youtube's Content ID matching...

Time to find another site to upload. You guys got any ideas?

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    vimeo

daily motion

?

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    vimeo apperently doesn't like gaming vids. Was thinking about Veoh. Do they use some kind of ContentID system?

The video would be (I can tinker a bit with the compression if needed) 1,750 to 2,5 GB large and about 17/18 minutes long.

In the meantime I'm also trying to find a way to contact those that basically hold the claim. I'd rather have them monetize my video on youtube and place ads then mute it ffs.

EDIT: hmmz Daily Motion does seem like an option. Also has 60 fps support.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  14. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Why? What is the fix for it? Half-damage? Then it's another 'no reason to use' gadget, like the mortar and the SLAM. People pissed and moaned about SLAMs, then DICE reduced the damage so that 3 no longer take out a tank....what is the purpose of carrying? You can't place 4 unless you have the perk ranked up.

Most people don't even have it unlocked as it requires jet ribbons.

The person who made that video spent many hours and many matches to find those huge groups of enemies together. There will be an uptick in UCAV deaths when DICE puts assignments into the game that say 'get 50 UCAV or mortar kills'. I play all game modes....the UCAV and mortar are rarely used. The mortar is popular on hardcore TDM and that is about it...otherwise it is a crap gadget as is the UCAV....the UCAV is long-range, anti-infantry and light armor and many of the maps with buildings and obstacles make it unusable by design.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    To be honest to fix it would be to remove it to the game.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    There's alot of crap in BF that just got put into the game just for the sake of "adding something new" rather then adding something that "works".

17. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Not going to happen.....The JDAM bomb will do the exact same thing to groups of players, you have 2 of them, an active radar, and they reload quicker...but no one has yet released a sensationalist video compiling hours of JDAM spamming.

That's true; the new hover tank with a no independent X-axis cannon aim would be a good example....but the UCAV does what it does. They can either leave it alone or kowtow to the whining and just make it another useless item in the huge list of items and weapons that people are already not using.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Which then leads us to the actual issue.. the Commander Create needs to be changed to only allowing one kit change per life to stop players switching kits back and fourth forever for the sole purpose of spamming UCAV.

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Hmmz...

I only have to remove the first song apperently. I can live with that one. It's mainly the 2nd one that was needed to add a change of pace in the movie.

Testing the 2nd one on my fake youtube account to test copyright flags gave me this:

[​IMG]

DURRR HURRR...

Either way I always supply credits where needed.

20. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Or better yet, enforce the UCAV reload time per player. It is in effect when you pick up a dead player support kit, but not at the crate.

What is the problem of going recon > engineer > recon....The purpose of the perk is to create a special ability. If you are getting harassed by a helicopter you switch to engineer, setup air mines, then switch back.....you have now done something you would not ordinarily be able to do, it's a perk, it happens very rarely and doesn't cause a balance issue.

The usefulness of the supply drop is debatable already. Watering it down further so you can't change back to what you were using just makes it even more useless. Only about 50% of matches have a commander, the odds of actually needing the crate if you are a medic to go engineer, is slim, and actually a drop from the commander is even slimmer (and you can't ask for it unless you are the squad leader), not being able to go back just limits it even more.