Battlefield 3 stutter on windows 7

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by subzero4332, Aug 23, 2012.

1. subzero4332

subzero4332 Guest

GPU:
    ATI/5670/512
    hi i installed battlefield 3 on windows 7 and i have massive stuttering:bang: after few min's of gameplay i tried all fixes but no avail. I installed windows 8 RTM x86 today and the stutter was gone:banana: but on windows 7 the memory commit limit goes above 3.25 gb and than the stuttering starts. i run the game on ultra on both OS and get around 23 to 38 fps and my monitor resolution is max 1024x768

System

C2D e7500 2.93ghz overclocked to 3.60ghz
    4gb ram 3.25 usable
    Sapphire 5670 512 mb GPU (not overclocked)
    All settings from ultra to low in game and best quality in CCC ( HIGH INCLUDING TESSELLATION)
    Drivers: ATI CCC 12.8 WHQL

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. clexzor

clexzor Guest

GPU:
    Hey there subzero I can help a bit on your issue. First off your resolution is ok but running bf3 on ultra is going to be your issue sir. On your gp u there is vram/memory and when you run bf3 on ultra you are capping the gpu memory and then it starts swapping off your system therefore causing stutter.

Firstly you'll need to lower your in game settings to med/turn off habo and msaa good luck enjoy.

3. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    You will need to lower your in game graphics configuration.

4. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    Yes, running @ Ultra with a 5670 (512MB vram) is futile. You should also consider disabling AA, lower AF and set things to medium or low. Battlefield 3 can slow down on even the latest cards in various situations.

5. subzero4332

subzero4332 Guest

GPU:
    ATI/5670/512
    i tried running the game on low and medium but the game still stutters on windows 7 but on windows 8 it does not even on ultra settings on the other hand games on windows 8 rtm have fps loss maybe due to high DPC Latency is there any way to reduce the Dpc latency on windows 8