Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    have you only played one round? the scar-h is not over powered it has a slower firing rate. read the gun stats ffs.

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    omg i had some guys in my squad last night stay together for a change...

anyway alot of what people bitching about can be fixed by giving us 7 kits again so you would have to rely on proper teamplay...thats asking way too much i know.
    i will jihad jeep all day i think since its in the game.:)

also i would like to add that with lod 5 all the over used brightness(flashlight too) glare goes away but you still see the tree leaves.
    dont cry that it is a cheat..anyone can set the graphics to whatever they want high or low.

I am having a hard time getting the chopper to stay on buildings so i can gunner the crap out of infantry but will figure out good spots to do that as i play more..not that there is any VERY good maps just 1 or 2 so so conquest maps

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Yeah, stats aren't everything. There's 1 thing which cannot be placed into stats and that's how many bullets you can land into a persons face in a short amount of time.

The SCAR-H is a piece of crap on range because of that. The AS VAL, while statistically not a very good weapon, is actually very good to take down single targets.

4. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Counterbalenced by doing more damage per round. Its TTK [Time to Kill] is one of the highest of all the guns. Its primary disadvantage is its low clip size [20], but for one on one encounters, its one of the best guns in the game.

5. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Its a good gun but have 10 rounds less makes a huge difference at times. But its not overpowered at all IMO.

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    It's recoil is also the highest I've seen. MAchine guns have less recoil.

7. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I noticed that the deploy button is really bugged,cause I can click it 4 times and all it does it turn the button blue and not deploy.

8. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    lod 5? Do you change this in the config?

9. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    Well it seems i get the stuttering with HT enabled on my new 2700K so i gotta disable it for smoother gameplay. Is this something that can be fixed with a patch? Seems dumb to have to go into bios every time i wana play BF3.

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Just leave HT disabled. Unless you do lot's of audio and video encoding of course. For normal/gaming use, HT is pretty useless atm.

11. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    Thing is i do video encoding :bang:

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I don't have any obvious stuttering and I keep HT enabled all the time (why get a 2600 if all you use is a 2500?).
    Have you tried some of the easier things, like lowering priority on the Origin process or disabling the in-game overlay it has?

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
  14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Is co-op not working? The loading screen will lock up every time, with Battlefield 3 not responding...

Edit* Reboot seems to have solved this.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  15. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Strange, I have HT on for better performance. Haven't seen any of this stutttering you mentioned.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

16. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
  17. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
  18. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I think the game looks fine as is and yea it's hard to spot enemies but the picture looks clean (don't really like it when games are too bright)

19. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 SOC
    Hey Folks. I have a question that has been bothering me, and am hoping someone here can help me out.

My clan and i suck at flying helicopters and jets, and so we got a private ranked server so we can learn how to fly without being shot down as soon as we take off(or fly into the nearest mountain).

The thing that is worrying me here, is that after a round of Caspian flying around and trying to shoot each other down, the round ended and i got quite a few points. It just didn't feel right, to be earning points on a private server from messing around in planes and heli's.

The reason we got the server was to learn, as there a few guys in the clan who are new to FPS games, and have never seen a vehicle before. But it still doesn't really sit well with me that i am earning points while messing about with no huge danger around.

i can assure you that i have no interest in cheating or boosting, and was just wondering what the deal is with private servers, is a 3 vs 3 clan battle akin to boosting? Or is it something that is done?

Any thoughts welcome.
    Andy

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^^Welcome to stats padding...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.