Bandwith Consume!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SYSCLoK, Aug 17, 2005.

1. SYSCLoK

SYSCLoK Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GeForce 6 6600 128MB, 128 b
    Hi! How much bandwith consumes 2 guys playing Lineage 2 (each of them with two L2's turned on) = 4 L2's running 24h a day, during 7 days....(including movie previews online from big-boys.com..)

L2 consumes a lot right?
    The traffic limit for month its 2GB.....it surpassed already that...lol

Some tips plz???

2. hmm, that game shouldn't really take up a lot of bandwidth. games like that are designed to still work with 56k modems.

you play too much! or... you wouldn't happen to just leave the game running 24/7 when your not playing running scripts would you?

3. SYSCLoK

SYSCLoK Member Guru

GPU:
    No no I dont play....i hate the game lol....

But im on a LAN and some idi0ts are always playing 24/7 L2...
    As that wasnt enough, each of them has two L2's running ALL THE TIME during this days...(and some WoW, and CS:Steam)

Im posting this becouse this b@stards are saying that im the guilty for this use of bandwith....WTF??

Im the system network admin, and im not here half of the time they do, and when im here the only thing i do is coming here to guru3d.com, make same spyware/malware scans just to avoid probs...etc...admin stuff...No damm downloads neither auto updates...everything is controled by me.

Btw, they are a bunch of noobs without any knowledge of networks..(they dont even know how to install some drivers, or boot in safe mode etc...noob stuff they dont know)..

And this dudes are PISSING ME OFF!!

Now obviosly they're the guiltys for this bandwith use...
    How to prove to this pricks they're wrong??
    Take out my Switch out, go home and send them to hell???

Its the last LAN i create for this noobs (and the LAN is sweat..everything running smooth and such) becouse ofthis things...

What to do?

Thks

4. hmm, i believer there are bandwidth monitoring programs out there. you can ask to install it on their machines and log bandwidth usage. then after a month or so show them just how much bandwidth they use.

5. SYSCLoK

SYSCLoK Member Guru

GPU:
    Yes...Next time with other guys theres no LAN without bandwith monitors!!!

I leave this advice to everybody that creates networks for noob friends!!!

Ok now its too late, and I gotta turn my back to this noobs...
    They dont deserve the time and money I wasted to do this LAN.

Thks dude...Its good to ask some advice just to chill off.
    I leave this advice to evrybody that creates networks for NOOB friends!!

Still If anyone knows how much bandwith this L2 (x4) consumes i would stay glad...