Auzen X-fi Home Theater 7.1 HDMI 1.3!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jun 16, 2008.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216

The card will be released when both the software and hardware are ready.

2. darkpegisus

darkpegisus Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 512MB SLI
    any news on a release date or when the pre-order is going to start?

the first quarter of 2009 is going to end. or are they going to push it back again.

3. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Dang, I REALLY could have used one of these for my setup. Finally, a decent home theatre option...

4. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    well, cyberlink has got powerdvd 9 out, i always thought this was the partner they were waiting on for release.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I was told there was a full page ad in PC magazine from Auzentech about the HTHD 7.1
    Patients.
    I would rather they keep it on the bench until it is ready to go....

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    True, but then there people who dont like waiting too long or dont want to wait. And in up getting something esle in the long run. Because they dont want to wait and it get delay again.

If it came out when it supposed to, then I prolly would have had one instead of a HDAV13.

7. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForceā„¢ 8800 GTS Fat
  8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I fiqure this was gonna happen, this why i stop waiting for it. I know people are almost bald from pulling out all of there hair.
    That suck if it get delayed til next year. I understand they want things to be perfect but do they know this actualyl hurting them, as people will just got screw this and buy something esle.

9. strad

strad Banned

GPU:
    8800GT | Samsung 244T 24"
    bahh

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I do understand auzentech wants to play on the safe said, I dont see them as a noob company but as a carefull company. Who do not want to put somehing out tha isnt ready, unlike creative. Sady they have to keep doing the delays but they want it to be perfect without trying to ge it perfect with it out in the world.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    True. I would rather they keep the card at the company until ready. They can release it after all the bugs have been worked out.

Previous releases followed a similar procedure with delays until the final release date.

Your right, I remember the release of the X-music, man what a horror show. This fourm was filled with pist off people, some of them never even worked at all and other very full of many major bugs.
    I prefer if companies keep the hardware on the bench until ready.

12. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    rob, has there been any more info on this?

13. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Personally, I stopped caring. The ASUS HDAV 1.3 took over the HDMI audio market segment while Auzentech was busy.

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216

I wouldn't go that far, the HDMI market is still wide open. Considering for PC it is still very much a niche market.

Most who have dealt with Auzentech in the past know they simply do not release a product until they want to.
    The have a very large and loyal base and they build awsome soundcards. I think the HTHD is released there will still be more then enough people waiting with money in hand to buy the new Auzentech flagship model.

Which is also a factore the new HTHD 7.1 will not just be for the HT crowds. This will be their new flagship model to replace the Prelude 7.1

15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Gamer even tho I do feel the time, but I dont blame them for making sure its perfect before releasing it. But it does hurt them while there making things perfect. Tho the same can be said about the xonars even tho they lack emulation of eax3-4. but Since theres people who dont care about eax that much so that kind of works out ok.

16. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    i brought it up because after many delays, im finally on the brink of ordering proper speakers and a receiver, but i have some doubts about the hdmi connection.
    the thing is, i have a 30" monitor, so 2560*1600 resolution, and i have no idea if receivers will be able to pass that through to the monitor if i want to do hdmi audio.
    iirc, rob said something about the auzentech also putting out the full resolution audio on the analog outputs, thats why i wanted to know.

17. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Actually, the newer drivers give Xonars the ability to emulate EAX3-5.

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/14447

Considering how many titles are still unsupported by Alchemy, I'd say in Vista, EAX support is a push.

18. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You do know the link still says it emulates eax 5, the cards do not emulate eax3-4. Asus never design it to emu 3 and 4 just 5. Then Games can do eax 5 thru Openal, Fmod+EFX so eax not really dead. Just the use of it in Direct3D hal.
    Because if the did emu 3-4 then I would have Eax3 listed in NWN2 which I dont. Then Fear combat would had let you select eax HD which fear combat is a eax3HD game.

But the fact is it only emulates eax5.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, the Auzen HTHD 7.1 willl pass any of the high resolution "HDMI audio" standards over analog. Which is great for many people as a HDMI receiver is rather new and many many have receivers without this full HDMI audio processing.

20. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    thanks for confirming that again. do you happen to know if 2560*1600 would be possible if i want to use audio over hdmi?
    and can the xonar hdav also do full resolution analog?