ATi Catalyst Driver Discussion...

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by David, Oct 21, 2003.

1. David

David Guest

If nvidia owners get to have a driver discussion for detonators why cant us ATi owners have this section as well?

2. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1900xtx 675/783
    I mean this in no bad way ...;) but prolly cuz there is more Nvidia drivers out beta and all ..they need there own forum for that..

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    A few years ago ATi wasn't that popular where NVIDIA's Beta indeed always where on the loose and needed discussion.

Times change, if there's demand enough I'll consider opening up a section for it.

4. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Now I'm something of an nvidiot, but I agree with davea. The ati forums getting a bit cluttered with 3.8 discussions.

5. David

David Guest

thats the main reason i asked this question, more than half the threads in the ati forum have to do with the catalyst drivers or 3rd party drivers.

6. serAph

serAph Guest

Hilbert. Why not rename the detonator forum to the "Detonator and Catalyst" forum? That way you wont have n00bs spamming up the thread with "yay! Im the first person to post here!" and "yay! Im the fifth person to post here!" and so forth. ;)

*edit* just make it the "display driver" or "vga driver" section since the volari's and such are coming out soon.

7. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    not to mention, nvidia doesn't call the 5x.xx dets anymore

8. David

David Guest

o now that has to be a good idea, combine nvidia owners with ati owners. whos gonna throw the first punch. lol.

9. serAph

serAph Guest

lol Dave - the differences between the cards and their fans are settled on a hardware or a game basis - therefore all posts that are "flaming" would be moved or closed. Plus, having an ATi - only forum doesnt keep people from flaming anyway according to your post complaining about it.

Ya, I thought before I talked - you may wanna try that too... ;)

10. linx11

linx11 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT@700/1750/980
    I think there would be to many posts if both driver parties were combined into the 1 section.

However it would flush out the flamers real quick I imagine.