ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    wow very good :) .... wanna know when a new version UPD build release...i use both cleaners like in DX9 Switcher BETA 9.10.1 UPD & then install the new version UPD ,right ? it's like upgrade my driver , am i right :D ?

& is windows 8.1 good for gaming ? & which edition is good for games...example like Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 8.1 Enterprise ? im confused :3eyes:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  2. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    sniffer_gpu.exe is the component of PS that checks for OGL and OCL compatibility at every start of photoshop (incase you changed drivers), so if the process is hanging, something with OGL or OCL is awry. :)

VLC gpu acceleration was implemented from Catalyst 10.8 onwards...before those components...not.

Here is another bug of the catalyst I just noticed so i'm writing it before I forget :

32-bit version of CCC (like XP) enables both clocks to full on "Force Maximum Clocks" for 4870x2 and/or dual gpu's, 64-bit version (Win7) does not and only forces first gpu to full leaving the second one at default clocks. I'm assuming the bug is in CCC files somewhere....

I'm still working on drivers, just for flaky NIC cards of the realtek variety instead of gfx cards these days. :)

3. FrayedString

FrayedString Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AMD 6870 1GB
    Hi Dellon,

Any driver pack newer than "ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V11.10.6.3 All Supported OS" is giving me a strange issue. Whenever I install any of the newer driver packs, my system then only detects a single monitor and displays cloned output on both displays, rather than allowing the use of extended desktop mode.

My Specs:

Core I5 3470
    Foxconn QM77 Motherboard
    16 GB RAM
    XFX Radeon 4890 (2x DVI outputs)
    Display #1 Dell P190S
    Display #2 Dell 1908FPBLK
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64

If I can provide any troubleshooting information just let me know. Thanks for all your hard work!

Edit: Added OS

4. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    I think your installation method may be a bit off. Did you perform the following steps?

-Run Display Driver Uninstaller choose the rescan option
    -after Cleaning is complete install original drivers
    -Perform additional Cleanup via the Dx9 Switcher UPD Cleaners
    by running both aSimple Cleanup Utility and aSimple Driver Cleanup
    -Finally install the Packages without the driver
    -Then after installation is complete install the driver via Device Manager.

Other Thoughts
    The driver uses Two different sets of OpenGL for x64Bit Users so I recommend launching Photoshop in both 32 bit and 64 Bit then post your results.

If you continue to experience the bugs mentioned after performing the above steps I will attempt to recreate bug using my HD 4000 Series GPU

A new version? I'm itching to release the latest Cleaners, but I haven't decided yet as it needs to be Tested. But a new version of the UPD build may be released mainly for installation problems. (Users that have to go an extra mile to install driver)
    Yes, all you need to do is use the UPD Cleaners then install the next UPD build to upgrade your driver.

iIt won't be anything significant as both version are pretty much the same thing. However one of them has more features. (Enterprise)

It's a possibility but ever since Iv'e resolved the issue users have reported it as OCL and OGL as working for Adobe Products. Well I could be wrong.

The default driver uses dxva from 11.12 driver, so it should be there.

Here is another bug of the catalyst I just noticed so i'm writing it before I forget :

What happens when you force CCC to run as an Administrator? (CCC in Windows fails to completely utilize CCC as some features gets restricted due to uac...

Can you provide your installation steps of the latest UPD build?

5. FrayedString

FrayedString Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AMD 6870 1GB

Uninstall "express clean all amd software"
    Dual monitors ceases to work. 2nd Display goes to sleep
    Reboot
    Device manger shows display adapter as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"

Using 10.6.5 UPD / DX9 Switcher BETA 9.9 UPD

Run aSimpleCleanUP Utility as administrator
    Run aSimple Driver Cleaner as administrator

Screen flickered several times

Device Manager now shows Radeon HD 4800 series WDDM 1.1 yadda yadda
    Extended desktop display mode working with both monitors

Run ATI setup for 10.6.5 UPD

Warning, windows can't verify the publisher of this driver. "Install anyway"

Screen flickers. Extended desktop continues functioning.

Device Manager displays AMD Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Reported Driver Version 13.113.0.0

Reboot

Everything continues working and makes me look like a jackass. :)

6. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    NDx9FileName: BETA 9.21
    NDx9FileLink: goo.gl/95M1NT
    NDx9FileSize: In the Works

NApkFileName: LSPKV 1.0
    NApkFileLink: Non-Functional
    NApkFileSize: Non-Functional

NDrvFileName: 11.09 V6.0
    NDrvFileLink: Non-Functional
    NDrvFileSize: Non-Functional

NLpsFileName: LPFSV 1.0
    NLpsFileLink1: Non-Functional1
    NLpsFileLink2: Non-Functional2
    NLpsFileSize1: Non-Functional1
    NLpsFileSize2: Non-Functional2

NRCCFileName: NRCCC 1.0
    NRCCFileSize: 22710294
    NRCCFileLink: goo.gl/95M1NT

NlCCFileName: NlCCC 1.0
    NlCCFileSize: 20575145
    NlCCFileLink: goo.gl/8JWHLY

NOCCFileName: NOCCC 1.0
    NOCCFileSize: 16870905
    NOCCFileLink: goo.gl/ycpNN4

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  7. tape_artist

tape_artist Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    Latest Kaspersky internet security reports setup.exe (in the latest UPD build) as malware, and deletes it... Does any other anti-virus report this?

I'm guessing it's just people @kaspersky using some drugs :)

8. geowizard

geowizard Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte HD4890 1GB
    Hey Dellon! I have tried millions of times to install the new UPD driver and I can't. I do not know hwat the problem is, but it acts like there is no driver installed. I have tried with every way I have read in this topic and I still can't. So please, please, please, please, if you can, is there any possibility that you will release your next driver with a non UPD build? Thanks in advance!

9. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    INSTALLATION GUIDE FOR UPD BUILD

NOTE: Users using the HotFix 10 P6 V10.6.3 will need to follow the second option. As the UPD build does not support that build.

OPTION ONE
    Here is the Installation Guide Users Upgrading
    a Driver That is currently Installed.

-Download and Extract UPD Build
    -Run both Cleaners Included in the Dx9 Switcher Folder
    -Install the UPD Build through AMD Setup.
    -INSTALLATION COMPLETE.

OPTION TWO
    Here is the Installation Guide For Users Installing
    a driver before installing the UPD Build.

-Download and Extract Display Driver Uninstaller from HERE
    -Run the Cleaner then Choose the Second or First Uninstallation Option
    -Install the Driver you wish to Use with the UPD Build.
    -INSTALLATION COMPLETE.

10. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Dellon, confirm me if I understand....your UPD Build can be installed over another working driver so, when installed, you can use it (the new UPD) or, when you want, even go back to use the previous working driver using a switch in the DX9 Switcher folder ??
    Is yes, can I install UPD Build over Kevs driver that I have ?
    And if yes can I switch from UPD to kevs and reverse again to UPD when I want ??
    Can you explain the A, B, C, D switchers in the package ? because it's not clear what they gona do ?
    Thanks

11. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The UPD Build begins using your previous driver on installation. It's not base on normal install in which you install a driver ontop of another as the cleaners devised for the UPD Build still Cleans up drivers. But despite of that you will still be able to make use of your previous driver.

The Switchers listed as Default Perf, Perf A, and Perf B are perf Switchers for new games but. But the backwards compatibility Switcher C and D may also be able to allow users to achieve more performance. (Perf C and D Older games)

Other Thoughts
    The Performance Switchers allow you to seamlessly switch the driver performance. All you need to do is run any perf switcher (Admin) then launch the game you want to play. If you find a perf Switcher you would like to use on a system level. You can either restart your system to allow the performance switcher to load into your system. Or you can easily use the GPU Restarter, which basically simulates a System restart but only for your Graphic Card. When using the GPU Restarter you can think of it as applying your settings to the driver.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  12. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Ok....lets see if I totally understand...

Now I'm on Kev's driver and I want to use UPD......

....have to use your two uninstallers in dx9 package that uninstalls part of Kevs driver. Then, after UPDs normal install with CIM (Do I need GPU Restarter switch ??) , I will still basically use part of kevs driver plus what UPD installs.....so now I will have an Hybrid driver formed from kevs (what can be used of this) and yours.

Now lets come to the switchers.....

.....normally now on default without using switchers, I should be using what I had before with kevs driver ( plus something of yours or only kevs??) so, if I want to play a game, it should go the same.

The thing that now I can do is that, before playing the same game, I can use one of the switchers seeing what happens.....and seeing if having improvements or issues.
    First of all , whant to know if it is necessary a rebboot when using switchers, and If I understand switch Perf A and B are coming from 13.xx series so they are the newest and most stable new drivers tested , C and D come from older drivers (like 10.xx, 11.xx) so offer more compatibly for older games (and maybe better for hd 4xxx series users like me...).
    With Default Per switcher, I go back with what I have on default.

What is CrossfireX GPU switcher used for??

Just to know, can you tell me from what series the A,B,C,D swicthers come so I can know what can be aspected from them??

Have to know other things or I understood and know all ??

Edit
    Other Thoughts:
    Kevs driver (and others under 13.xx series) have caps to work but the newer not having it because integrated in the driver........ what will happen in this case when using these two typs of drivers ??
    Will the caps needed for kevs driver (or others under 13.xx) be deleted from your installers ??

13. geowizard

geowizard Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte HD4890 1GB
    I highlighted the part I do not understand. If I understood it correctly, then I will have to install a previous driver of yours (Non UPD) and then use the UPD cleaning utilities in order to install on top of those the UPD build, right? Well, I have done exacly the same thing with the 11.10.6.3 Non UPD build and I haven't managed to do it. I have also tried with the 11.10.6.2 which you had sent me for testing. I think that I am confused.

14. Articfire

Articfire Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX680
    I'm currently updating my girlfriends pc to Windows 7 64x. It's an integrated x1200 Radeon card and now I'm wondering which driver to install. What is the UPD version? Can I just install the non-UPD build?

15. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The UPD build does a full upgrade but only in regards to the System Features -> It does not make changes that deals with System Stability. Artifacts, Black Screens on installation, Bsods and Driver Crashes, etc. Neither does it make changes to Driver and Hardware Compatibility.

Now lets come to the switchers.....

The Default Switcher goes back to Default installed driver which is base on 13.xx and 12.xx. Perf Switcher A and B are 12.xx Based while C and D are 10.xx and 9.xx base

The latest Application profiles are integrated into the driver. So using caps are not required.

The UPD Build can be used with any AMD Driver as long as the UPD Build contains support for your Graphic Card.

Other Thoughts
    The build's I sent you for testing does not support the UPD Build as they were experimental builds leading up to the 11.10.6.3 Non UPD build.

Also, I uploaded the Latest Non UPD Build. You can find it on the front page.

16. geowizard

geowizard Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte HD4890 1GB
    Thanks a lot Dellon! You are the best!

17. Articfire

Articfire Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX680
    Just to clarify:

-Install Non-UPD Build
    -INSTALLATION COMPLETE?

Does this work with a X1200 Radeon on Windows 7 64x?
    It's really complicated since there's no official driver for that card.

18. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The UPD Build should support x1200 Radeon GPU, However the Install Guide is a bit off. Use the one listed in the link below.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4690959&postcount=2512

19. Articfire

Articfire Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX680
    I installed the UPD-Build on a fresh Windows 7 64x install. Unfortunately the Aero-Effects are disabled and cannot be activated. Any idea why this is happening?

20. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    You installed it without a driver available for Upgrading the driver to the 12.11 Upd Build so the UPD build did not get loaded since it never did upgrade the installed driver.