Asetek "Rad Card", External Liquid Cooling GPUs for Space-Constrained PC Cases

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 14, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Yeah no. before i get another item with asetek (based) pump, it has to cover all parts in my pc for 5y in case of defect.
    Not even talking about the noise my gpu pump makes at idle, thanks to low quality/"bad" designed product that cant be throttled or risk the pump to stop.

sykozis and jura11 like this.
  3. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Daaaaaaaaaaaamn..... Real talk here.

4. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    lol.
    i only say this because others CAN make a decent pump, so this is not a "we need rocket scientists" problem.
    My alphacool pump (cpu can run at 30% of its max rpm, without any problems.
    And its not even something like a D5.
    Outside that pumps based on their design have higher fail rate, one reason i like to use Corsair on rigs not for me,
    as they cover all pc parts for 5y, if the aio dies etc and takes out other things.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Does not look very "externally".

It is basically 1 card with 2 blowers :D

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Well IMO you're not making an apples to apples comparison. A separate component pump, even a cheap one, doesn't have to operate under the size constraints of an AIO integrated pump. Do other pump makers warranty your entire system for a half decade if their pump fails? Not that I am aware of. All that said, aren't the patents about to expire or have expired and should open up new designs? Personally I've had decent luck with 'only' only 3 AIO pump failures over the years. Nothing else was damaged though. And my current AIO on the GPU is quiet, adding a felt pad between the top of the pump housing and the shroud, got rid of the slight buzz.

7. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    The eisbar i have is an aio, except like a few others (arctic cooling) their pumps aren't based on asetek/others,
    but in-house designs.
    And as you can see, it does NOT cost more, as 110$ (or around that) is a common price for all other aio as well.
    https://www.aquatuning.us/water-coo...one-cpu/20225/alphacool-eisbaer-240-cpu-black

My problem with the gpu aio is that your getting charged +100$ for what is essentially a hydro 60i (or equivalent),
    and something never designed/optimized to run on a gpu (chip).

And my rig is inaudible at low load making it stand out more, but even when i game and the fans ramp up,
    the high pitch is still there.
    And when you have tinnitus, a felt pad unfortunately doesn't cut it (i tried a lot of things).