AOC announces the new G2590PX/G2 Monitor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AOC, officially announces their first G2 Esports branded monitor – the G2590PX/G2. Made possible through a collaboration between AOC and G2 Esports. This 24.5” monitor will also b...

AOC announces the new G2590PX/G2 Monitor

2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    So they want £180 just for the brand name.....i`ll pass

3. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 980Ti 6G
    they probably use this cheap ass panel AUO M250HTN01.2. Charging £329 is way to much.
    Adds Esports to the product name and charge you ridiculous prices, douchebag AOC.

4. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Looks like AMD's 590 is out of the question for this monitor. Maybe not, but it sure isn't hitting them max refresh rates even at 1080.

I want AMD to launch something that isn't almost twice as power hungry as Nvidia and only offers incremental performance increases if that. OC the 1060 and I'm sure power draw to performance is going to crush AMD's offering.

Been waiting years AMD. YEARS!!!!! I guess if you have to take one corporate giant at a time then do so, but please hurry up in the GPU department. Especially in that power to performance area!!! PLEASE!!!!

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Found it online for £213 - but even that appears a little high...

6. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    At this asking price, it's outrageous this panel doesn't boast 240 Hz refresh rate. :eek:

7. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Who cares about 240 Hz since it's a "144 Hz, 1 ms response time"? What bothers me is the AOC's bad reputation in terms of reliability (lots of their models suffered from high RMA rate). If I were looking for a low end monitor of this tech category I'd go for some Benq's model.

8. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 980Ti 6G
    AUO is part of the Benq Group, so AOC high RMA rate probably suffers from low quality mainboards.