Announcement AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 30, 2021.

1. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Low end gpus cannot be more expensive than xbox series s. You can buy XSS well under 299€ everywhere.

If 6600xt is sold around 300, it can be a total win for AMD and casual gamers. 8gb card in 2021. It should be realistically priced for once. :mad::confused::(

Gamers are desperate idiots and brain damaged. They paid for a 3060ti or 6700xt as much as Xbox series x / ps5. We have ongoing tragedy.

olymind1, Keitosha and icedman like this.
  2. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Whatever

Undying likes this.
  3. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Wherever

Undying likes this.
  4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    So this is a thing. A rip-off on top of another rip-off.

[​IMG]

Backstabak, Keitosha and itpro like this.

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Yeah, unless prices come down to earth, my next GPU purchase will be console.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    RX 6600 aren't even available for me yet, I just want to see where the price will start for where I live, the current cheapest AMD video cards available since all previous AMD inventory is gone is the RX 6700 which starts at about $1200.

Strange that AMD only have interest in selling video cards to the ultra high end market.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    AMD doesn't set retail prices. The retailer/e-tailer does..... AMD actually makes nothing from the sale of the graphics card. They make their profit from selling GPUs to graphics card makers like MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, Sapphire, XFX, etc. The graphics card makers get their profits from selling the products to retailers/etailers. The price from there, is all greed on the part of the retailers/etailer.

The price of graphics cards is only going to go as high as the market is willing to allow. Unfortunately, the largest portion of the market is incompetent and will pay whatever price is asked for a graphics card.....leaving the rest of us screwed.
    Supply and Demand.....gotta love it.....especially when stupid people get involved.

Keitosha, PinguX and olymind1 like this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    So amd ain't seeing any extra money right now all business as usual, retailers raking in the cash off amd and that's just fine by them, also most gamers are stupid yes?

itpro likes this.
  9. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Of course. Gamers do not respect their money. I can see their laziness to play games and not work or study. They pay tons of money for air and bubbles.

Amd asks 300, you pay 900. Those 600 goes for retailer greed and taxes.

Unless someone has a parent or pal who bypass taxes with pro invoices.

Keitosha likes this.
  10. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The only time AMD actually makes a profit, is when they sell a GPU to a graphics card maker. AMD doesn't benefit at all from retailer/etailer/reseller hiking prices. If the retailer/etailer/reseller pays $150 for a graphics card, then sells it for $300, they get to keep that $150 difference. Neither AMD nor the graphics card maker gets any of it. Only the graphics card makers actually pay AMD. Neither you nor I are AMD's actual customer. We're not even the graphics card maker's actual customer, unless you buy from a company like eVGA that sells direct to consumers. You and I are customers of the retailer/etailer/reseller that we purchase the graphics card from. In the end, it doesn't matter to AMD if the RX6600XT sells for $300, $400, $500 or $5000..... They don't see a penny of that money, beyond what the graphics card maker paid for the GPU. The graphics card maker doesn't see anything beyond what the retailer/etailer/reseller paid for the graphics card.

Gamers willing to pay well above MSRP, are stupid.....yes. If MSRP is $399 and you're paying $699+....you're stupid. You're part of the pricing problem. You are helping drive prices higher.

Keitosha and itpro like this.
  12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    If amd is selling their chips to the gpu makers for lets say $150, and these gpus sell for $600+, then amd are the stupid ones not us gamers that want to continue our hobby.
    a hobby is a hobby, you live only once and end of the day money is made to be spent.
    And if the gpu makers are making lets say 30% profit and the resellers /online shops etc. are making 300% profit then the gpu makers are stupid too.
    If i'm into fishing and the best rod is $3k and i buy cause i love fishing and realize life is short these fishermen are stupid too yes?
    basically anyone with a hobby that spends a pretty penny on it is stupid then yes?
    whatever.
    Not my fault gpus have high price, blame it on the fact they are money trees as well as gaming tools.