AMD Graphic/Driver Bug 15.7 and 15.7.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Jhereck, Jul 30, 2015.

1. CZLight

CZLight Guest

GPU:
    R9 290x
    Not a hardware related

It is 15.7.XXX branch
    I have 3 monitors turned to portrait (so lines are vertical).
    I switch all DP cables (even DVI).

Not overclock related - no overclock (not even checked OC in CCC) and no afterburner

its simply... wrong drivers.
    SHAME on AMD for this one.

2. Jhereck

Jhereck Guest

GPU:
    r9 390
    The problem is either hardware acceleration option in the browser, or memory frequency which are to low on desktop and with multiple monitors, as you want :)

I had the bad idea to play with profile, to switch between Eyefinity and No eyefinity, and it works till i reboot the computer.

After that powerplay was back even if overdrive was not checked, and flickering back as well.

ATM i de activate hardware acceleration in chrome, and waiting to see if it's sufficent or not.

If not, i will try to put a 1600Mhz memory frequ in 2D in the profiles, if it works it will do the trick.

This is a 3 or 4 years bug : GG Amd !

3. Jhereck

Jhereck Guest

GPU:
    r9 390
    Ok just figure another thing : my memory frequency stay at his max in eyefinity setup, and i cannot do the same thing when the screens are splitted.

Edit : this were true with 15.7.1, but no more with 15.8....

So currently testing 15.8, will post results.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  4. Jhereck

Jhereck Guest

GPU:
    r9 390
    Ok same problem with 15.8. But launching a game after the flickering appears restore the display.

Need to find a way to force the memory to stay at 1500/1600 Mhz : any idea welcomed ! :)

And BTW : nothing to do with hardware acceleration.

5. Jhereck

Jhereck Guest

GPU:
    r9 390
  6. allindaze

allindaze Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 4GB
    Definitely DP related for me. I'm using an adapter. I wonder if it makes a difference.

7. paglamia

paglamia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 290X
    you are not alone

The amd forum has many threads about this flickering issue. Hopefully Guru3d guys can pick up and write an article to get AMD's attention. AMD have yet to acknowledge that this is an issue.

It seems its related to people having multi monitor setups. Once the clocks goes *below* a certain freq, the flickering starts to occur is what I've gathered from the forum.

One quick workaround without rebooting your computer of getting the flickering to stop is to open the AMD Catalyst Control Center -> My Digital-Flat-Panel, and then toggle the "Enable virtual super resolution"

This has the effect of resetting the displays and the flickering stops.

It may start up again if you leave your computer and the displays shut off, or you stop playing a 3d game

It appears to be only people with multi monitors.

Possibly be related to a mix of DisplayPort, DVI, hdmi connectors, possibly be related to low clock freq.

From the above thread some people who said they've installed MSI Afterburner dont see the flickering anymore is perhaps that the overclock software prevents their clocks from going lower than some trigger point.

Threads related to this...sorry I'm restricted from posting direct links since I havent posted 5 posts in these forums

but if you go to

community dot amd dot com slash message slash 2675611

or

community dot amd dot com slash thread slash thread_no
    where the numbers are 187625, 185060, 185472, 1851119

there may be more details to help....

8. Jhereck

Jhereck Guest

GPU:
    r9 390
    Tried the 15.9 beta, it's worst : now the screen connected to the DP is crashing even when the memory clock is high !