AMD Crimsom ReLive 17.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    That.. or support their own stuff decently
    Even Relive didn't convinced me yet.
    Not sure if you even notice, but, let's imagine that you are going to record at 60fps with RELIVE, you are in the main menu of a game, and you are having 120FPS, then you start a level, the loading screen gets to 5fps for 30 seconds, and then you play the game at >60FPS no problem.
    Altough, when you go to check the framerate of the video, you end up with a video at 24FPS instead of the 60FPS that you did select.
    That's what happen to me.

WTH is this?!?!
    The target file should always been at 60fps, if the video had to stutter sometimes, let it stutter just like in any other recorder.
    It pisses me off, cause, if I want to make a video of a game at 60fps, I need to be 100% sure, that the game runs above 60fps all the time, and that I can't catch any loading screen, because it would throw the entire video to some strange framerate ...

So, I have to use mirillis action! cause Relive is not an option for recording, maybe for streaming, yes.. but for recording.. noo.
    It seems that AMD is always failing me at some point, it's not that nvidia is perfect, but.. jesus.. XD

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Something like this happens to me if I record a game in Windowed Fullscreen + Desktop Recording (in ReLive).
    It doesn't happen to me when recording the game itself.

Basically, if I'm "Desktop Recording" with ReLive the frame rate is weiiiiiiird. If I'm recording a game directly and *exclusively*, I get a solid 60fps no matter what. So there might be an issue, and possibly it shows itself differently depending on cards.

3. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Yes, I know that GCN 1.0 is much more weaker with the recording stuff, not always can sustain to record at 60FPS.
    But the point is..
    In any other recorder, we say Shadowplay, MSI AB, or OBS (without the AMD CODEC), Mirillis action, bandicam, dxtory.
    ALL Recorders in now days with exception of OBS with the AMD codec and RELIVE, when you set a target 60FPS, not matter if in-game you have 50/40/70.. the target file will always be at 60FPS, the juddering can be noticable, at those dropped frames, but when you get the 60, the video will just feel perfect.

As for relive or OBS with the AMD Codec, I can record a video that was 99% of the time above the 60FPS, but if in 1% of the video I had a dropped frame, the target file will be something lower than 60, like 54FPS, that completelly ruins the entire video that I had 60FPS all the time.
    In any other recorder, I would continue to have a 60FPS video, and only a dropped frame on the video.
    In Relive or OBS with AMD codec, I end up having an entire video at lower framerate just because of a stupid drop.

And this is not only at 60FPS.
    I tried at 30FPS and was playing a demanding game, the game had 2 big stutters, all the video was at 13FPS when it was recorded..
    Why they always had to ruin any piece of hope :/

4. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Fortunately it is possible to use CRU to restart the driver without rebooting and it fixes the clocks. If it was not possible, the only solution would have been to reboot windows.

5. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    Hello to all, I'll be getting back to gaming after a year nearly, RX480 incoming :)

From what I can see on the forum, the latest driver releases seem messy, what is the current best usable driver (without major bugs / with maximum features)?

6. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    agree.

7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Agree.

8. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    For the record, with 17.1.1 FreeSync is still down most of the time.:banana:

9. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Proof?

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You don't know what you summon.

11. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Lol, Alexey (Unwinder) is the author of MSI Afterburner (formerly RivaTuner).

12. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    lol Just do not be critical of MSI Afterburner or you are in for a world of hurt. Just saying.

13. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Do not feed the troll, he perfectly knows that that I'm developing application.

14. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    And at least I thank you whole heartily for all the work you have done. A lot of times it thankless and other times I am sure it very trying for you.

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I want so much to answer to all your post's but i wont feed you.

Have a nice day. :)

--

In other news, i have no problems with 17.1.1 and i dont use any of 3rd party programs... :nerd:

16. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You're the person directly responsible for spreading lie in this thread and starting flaming on "AB update required to fix the issues". I ignored it once and do it for the very last time, the next attempt to troll on anything related to AB from you will result in your permanent rest from the place.

17. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    Hi, How turned off completely powerplay? from AB omenu?. Thanks.

18. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    - this one, so far..
    - running like a dream here..:)

19. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    Ok great, hope it works for me as well :)

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Runs OK for me too so far but older GPU models seem to be running into a variety of issues with this entire "ReLive" release (16.12.1 and newer.) so keep that in mind if you encounter any problems. :)

Though if things get problematic at least a uninstall and install of a older but more reliable driver isn't that much work.