AMD CEO Lisa Su Says Zen 3-Based Ryzen 5000 Will Feature new heights Performance

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2020.

1. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    No sh|t, Sherlock ? ;-)
    It's just $100 more, no biggie !

Undying likes this.
  2. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Aorus master was around 350 for me last time i checked. That B550 is at 200€. And the strix x570-e 300.

Edit: For now ill stick to the strix x570e, Im missing a second 4.0 nvme and the front panel typeC on the b550 on first quick look, but it sure is a good mb.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Undying likes this.
  3. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    @Goiur I did say it's the one who ticks the most boxes for me... doesn't mean it's valid for everyone else.
    For example, since you mentioned the Type-C... my case doesn't have the Type-C, so having it on the mobo would be useless.
    Also, second 4.0 NVME is equally useless for me, as I never plan to have two M.2 drives at once, and if it happens that I will, a 3.0 one will be fine, as it will be just extra storage, the raw speed doesn't matter.

Good luck with that X570 board, and I hope the X570 fan doesn't break just after it has exited warranty... !
    Any of these 500 series boards should support next gen Zen 3 CPUs perfectly out of the box ! That is actually one of the primary reasons I switch from X370, as that one is 100% sure NOT to support Zen 3.

Now, back to the subject of this topic:
    Looking forward for that significant increase in single and low threaded performance!

4. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Any board without fan is a good board.
    (X570 Taichi owner :eek:

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Wait but Taichi have chipset fan.

6. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    LOL

taichi.png

Very clever ASRock, I wonder how many others have been duped into thinking there's no fan ? :rolleyes:

Undying likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Only X570 board without fan is the Aorus eXtreme.

wavetrex likes this.
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thing is on my board fan isnt even spining until it reaches 60c and with a good airflow it never does so yeah, its like not even there.

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Is that hard coded? My MSI board lets you set a fan curve like any other fan header.

10. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    Tbh the fan wasn't a criteria for me.

I simply had no need for PCIe 4.0 slots, since there are close to no peripheral devices at all that use 4.0. And most likely won't be anytime soon.
    And by the time actual need for 4.0 appears in stuff like multi-port USB 20gbps controllers, 10gbit LAN cards, multi-stream 8K capture cards, 4K multi-camera security hub cards, and such... there will be 2-3 more generations of mobos/CPU.

4.0 is literally useless right now, and will continue to be useless for the next year at least. Heck, there aren't even any SSDs that truly take advantage of that bandwidth ! ( 4K performance for the new 4.0 drives is identical to the 3.0 ones, there was no improvement whatsoever )

A whole new ecosystem needs to be developed around PCIe 4.0 speeds, and right now none of it exists (other than main GPU and main SSD)

X570 is simply "ahead of its time"
    B550 is a much more balanced approach, with 4.0 just to 2 devices, GPU and primary SSD.

11. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    What I wrote?
    "Any board without fan is a good board."

Written by a X570 Taichi owner (which is reknown for the grinding fan). Seems you missed the sarcasm and irony?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    mohiuddin likes this.
  12. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Yep, that's true... but i may be willing to sacrifice some *premium* things (like second nvme 4.0, wifi, bt) if i see a good enough reason (read money delta xD)

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I’m looking to do a B550 ITX out of the ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte what are the recommendations. I remember buildziod saying the ASUS x570 VRM’s were superior and I remember MSI having over heating problems early. The ASUS actually has a fan in the VRM which kinda peaks my interest.

It will be going in a Lian-Li TU150 with a D15S and a 3080 20GB or 6900xt. This will be a gaming rig for a 4k 120Hz 65” tv (either Sony 900x or LG CX not sure on that yet).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  14. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Pretty sure 100% of people did, since what you wrote was, and i quote:

"Any board without fan is a good board.
    (X570 Taichi owner :eek:"

This implies you're stating any board without a fan is a good board, and lucky you as you are an X570 Taichi owner, and doesn't have a fan.

Literally anyone will read it this way, cause that's how it's read.

wavetrex likes this.
  15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Unplug the chipset fan and remove it. X570 without a fan.

16. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Did you not see the smiley of shock and horror when mentioned the X570 Taichi? Where did I implied the X570 Taichi has no fan? You are the one who believed I said so. Contrary is renown board for having grinding fan from the first month of purchase. Did you not see the parenthesis which is missing ofc to the right side by mistake? (blame the mobile)

I replaced the whole heatsink on the Taichi. Is the most stupid board with the fan in the worst place, under the GPU, so doesn't have space to use a fan like the NF A4.

17. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    After some digging... i think the Strix B550-E could be a nice contender to the x570, no fan (i hate small fans lol), has frontal type c, wifi and bt, no second pcie4 is the only *downside*.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  18. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Okay so mainboard talk aside when exactly are Zen 3 CPUs expected to launch? I can't remember how long after the Zen 2 reveal the chips went on sale tbh.

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I did, i'm sure many people did, but you started that line off with a ( and therefore could have been an emoji created from the ), since you did not end it with a ) such as

(This is how everyone would have read it :)

Vs

(This is how it should have worked :))

Again, no one read it how you wanted, either you can be upset about that or realize why what you wrote wasn't taken as you wrote it. Yes, your emoji likely doesn't end with a ), but again, trying to figure out what you said based off the mistakes given there and due to the fact you could have been saying exactly what we thought you said....................

Not really sure why you are worked up about not being understood simply because you wrote something that didn't make sense to literally everyone reading it. This isn't our fault or problem.

20. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Last info was from @1usmus , saying AMD plans had no change, so a launch around 20th is to be expected.