AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA (12.100.0 January 1) Unofficial

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    hi everyone, this driver completely brokes frame latency with vsync enabled.
    bf3 it's unplayable. this is noshar canals on my 6770

vsync off

[​IMG]

vsync on

[​IMG]

closer look

[​IMG]

i've managed to kind of solve it with a limit at 45fps with radeonpro. but any demanding scene that gets fps under 40 gets really unplayable.

vsync and 45fps limit vs normal vsync
    [​IMG]

kind of demanding scene (karkand 64players) 45fps limit
    [​IMG]

i've triplebuffering enabled in case you ask.

2. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    have you tried disabling vsync?

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Slightly off-topic, but might I ask how you can generate those pictures of frame latency? If I understand right, FRAPS can give you some .csv file of the latency times, but I don't know what to do with it beyond that...

4. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    actually, i'm using frametimes from RadeonPro benchmark. dumped it to ms excel and turned it into a line chart.

i've read about fraps and the .csv file thing, but ignored it as fraps has some problems to run with radeon pro on w8

this program can help you to manage fraps frametimes results.and down there you can find a guide for it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/frafsbenchview/files/
    i don't know who is the owner, i think it's a member from here.

5. Prasad007

Prasad007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970M 2GB
    Not sure what that poster did, but I would opt to use Gnuplot in Linux.

6. @ST

@ST Member

GPU:
    660 ti
    great driver, working perfect on my old 5850 :p

7. Simkin84

Simkin84 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE
    I'm hoping AMD will fix the BF3 performance for HD79XX Crossfire

I still have to use the 12.8WHQL to get the best performance, and its pissing me off that i have to use this old driver to have the best experience in BF3.

They boosted the single card performance, so i hope they atleast bring back the 12.8WHQL performance for CFX.

Wake up AMD!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  8. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    for the posts above i guess i wil stay with the 13.1 in the system and wait for the real 13.2 drivers this driver smells even more unfinished then betas for the amd say not instal them i wil keep the 13.1 for now

9. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    amd wake up na dont wait for that on your feet im waiting for them to solve small problems like no video problem no audio hdmi airtefacts and other stupid stuff that shouldnt be hapening right now

10. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    What issue? I can play BF3 SP mode @5760x1200, Ultra + 4xMSAA and still net ~70fps and higher. If CF isn't working, no way can I play BF3 at such setting without it working. Btw, I have been able to play BF3 at such a setting and res with great framerate since installing Cat12.11 Beta11 + 12.11CAP2, now on Cat13.2 w/o CAP2.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I really wish I knew what your dxdiag etc looked like. BF3 plays great in Crossfire here. Do you use a program to OC?

Trixx? Afterburner? AMD OD?

Or some other app?

Did you flash your BIOS to a custom clock/voltage?

Just curious as to whats going on.

12. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Why would you enable vsync if you don't constantly get over 60 fps anyways...? But yeah frame limiting works much better for under 60 fps.

13. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    i can't play with screen tearing, and in fast game like bf3 you notice too much... also, triplebuffering does an awesome work, is barely noticeable the fps difference, or it was until this driver.

edit:

finally!!! i've solved it!
    if you played bf3 you probably know it has a commandline called force render ahead limit. some time ago i've changed it to "3", as i noticed game ran more fluid.
    now check how the game behaves with different values

force render ahead limit 0 (no limit)

[​IMG]

force render ahead limit 1

[​IMG]

force render ahead limit 3

[​IMG]

force render ahead limit 5

[​IMG]

this got really interesting. i'm gonna try some more games.

14. Simkin84

Simkin84 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE
    I use Afterburner to OC.

If you have the time, try for yourself. Compare the fps, and find some spots where the fps is lower with both the 12.8 and 13.1/13.2

Top on TV tower in Sharqi, look out over the city, everything on High/Ultra, then compare the 12.8 and 12.11 or 13.1/13.2, and you will see the difference.

But, its not like the game turns unplayable with the 12.11/13.1/13.2 drivers, its just not as good as the 12.8WHQL.

15. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    alientorni what software to use to make these charts/measure latency ?

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    radeon Pro, or FRAFS (not FRAPS)

17. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Gaming performance for HD 7900

12.8 - Good

12.9 - Very Good

12.10 - Superb

12.11 (Full Series) - Very very BAD

13.1 - Nice

13.2 - Excellent

:D

18. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    thanks!:)

19. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    wrong post :D

20. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    blah blah blah more fanboi nonsense.

funny how WoW first released in 2004 and has dx11 support(before gw2 came out...) also funny how it got dx9 and 10 and 11 support...

mind you WoW was first announced in 2001 cameout in 2004
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft
    when WoW came out, it could run on dx7 hardware, but was targeted at dx9 hardware http://www.wowwiki.com/System_requirements they added dx10 support later.

the reason dx10 "failed" was because most games became console ports, as such they where dx9....once new consoles hit the market most games will be dx11....

I suggest you look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX and see how many AAA titles come out using 8 year old tech.....

they im sure dropped it because somebody either in management at anet or ncsoft wanted dx9 support for the sales to windows XP users, after all, im sure they sold hundreds of thousands of copies to people running XP on systems that really arent suited to running the game in its current state, those sales wouldnt have happened if they had required vista/7(dx10/11 support)

money talks......to bad that they have also lost alot of peoples faith and been forced to refund alot of sales due to misleading specs and anger from people who have systems that massively excede the requirerments but cant get reasonable perf...

I love the game, I know its gonna take time for them to get the bugs out and optimize, Hell I prepuchased it as soon as the pre-purchase came up, BUT to ignore the fact that anet dropped the ball, and if you read what the devs have said, they admit this.....its stupid....they KNOW their game runs like crap, they know they need to re-write big parts of the engine.....one of the biggest being the occlusion culling that they relied on UMBRA for and kinda got screwed over....

please dont try and act like I have anet or gw2, I prepurchased, I love the game, I just know its runs like crap compared to how it should run...and having talked with some of the dev's in game and read their comments on reddit and their own forums...they know the games got issues.....

its a big part of why I laugh at fanboi's who act like the games flawless and amazingly perfect......