AMD Catalyst 13.12 WHQL (13.251.0.0 December 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MoKiChU, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Bezzie

Bezzie Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7870 Ghz Edition
    Hmmmm. Windows 8.1 users got ripped off in 13.12 driver i see tiled resources was taken out of this driver i think ill still with 13.11 Beta 9.5 until the next beta is released that still contains tiled resources i'm a gamer and i wants my lighter texture loads and speak easy between my Cpu and GPU regardless of stability.

2. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    There is no engine which uses tiled resources :rolleyes:

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Not to mention it's of no benefit anyway since without UMA all data has to go through PCI bus.

4. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, except they can switch between texture quality more easier, and they just using 1 high quality texture for that.

If you want that, just play Doom I guess?(I know it is software one)

5. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    The thing is that the DX11 API is made to provide backwards compatibility with DX10/10.1. There are only two games that actually require DX11 cards, Crysis 3 and Call of Duty Ghosts.

Bug fixes are still important, and Crossfire systems are very dependent on getting updated drivers. And does it really take that much resources supporting the DX10 cards? The drivers are generally stable, and the HD 4000 and 5000 series have similar architectures

It's fair to criticize that AMD stops supporting older hardware so fast, when Nvidia, their direct competitor, does not. Nvidia's DX10 cards have official support for Windows 8.1, and even the Geforce 6 series got official support for Windows 8.0.

Nice that support for Vista is back, though I don't get why Vista has had to wait for 8 months.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  6. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    I rarely have issues with installing the drivers. But today I've got a BSOD while installing 13.12 WHQL. Odd. It wouldn't work or reinstall after that. I cleaned the old crap with DDU and everything went fine after that. It made me a fan of DDU. :thumbup:

7. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Oh... BTW: I had that flickering during browsing a long time ago. The solution was to disable the hardware acceleration in my browser. I couldn't see any difference in performance anyway. At the time I used a slower CPU and GPU. It is off ever since and everything works fine.

8. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC

thanks a lot mate but I got this ...

Code:
    File not found."   

it seems the file doesn't exist on their server. typical AMD

9. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I don't have dual or switchable graphics. I only have the 6620G included in the APU itself. The A8-3500M. The 13.11 beta 9.5's appear to be working okay but I now have Catalyst Control Center instead of Vision.

10. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Ahh, that's what happened to me. It said the file was incompatible. Maybe these drivers will work if I can get the real installer somehow. I don't use FF though. I'm an IE diehard using IE 11.

11. peshkohacka

peshkohacka Member Guru

GPU:
    ***8962;

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  12. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    What is the AMD Gaming Evolved app? and should it be installed? I deselected it when installing the beta. The option is not there in these WHQL drivers.

13. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Using portable laser designator or any termal optic in vehicles, ends broked textures/flickering on Battlefield 4 using this new WHQL 13.12 Drivers.

EDIT: Yea. Just revert to 13.11 beta 9.5. No issue with them.

14. 63jax

63jax Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5830
    they're broken, doesn't work with my 5830, Resident Evil 6 crashes on load and shutter in menus, i haven't tried other games though. I reverted on 13.9 and everything is nice now, wtf, AMD???

15. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Thank You, Merry Christmas Guru's:)

16. grndzro7

grndzro7 Member

GPU:
    7850 @ 1200/1400
    For those of you wondering about Mantle and Crossfire.
    Mantle will have Asynchronous crossfire which will eliminate microstutter.
    Mantle would also allow 2 different model GCN cards to work together.

17. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    It's not poitless. AMD knows when Dice will release the Mantle patch, and releasing the Mantle driver now would make everyone ready to use Mantle in BF4 directly at release. And if the driver were to have problems, AMD can just release a new beta driver instead.

It's like how both AMD and Nvidia add support for new versions of OpenGL, despite there not being a game using those.

Well, that most certainly still depends on the developer. Just because the option is there doesn't guarantee that devs will spend time and money on it.

18. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Anyone having any luck with the mobility? My download isn't working.

19. stigbeater

stigbeater Guest

i just wish that amd would fix the 2nd gpu @ 99% bug

20. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    stigbeater, to fix it, just disable ulps...