AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA1 (13.200.16.0 September 26)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I have seen people run into this when jacking around with their monitors - which you seem to be doing. Sounds like the same bug.

2. GizmoSLI

GizmoSLI Member

GPU:
    2x XFX 7950 H2O@1075/1500
    Switched to Windows 8 and what a HUGE difference! I was getting as low as 40fps on windows 7. With vsync off, the lowest I've seen so far is 70 on windows 8 with ultra settings. That's why Windows 8 is on the recommended system requirements.

3. paleh0rse

paleh0rse Active Member

GPU:
    2 x Powercolor 7870XT
    Have you seen it have any negative impact on OTHER games, though? I'd really hate to upgrade only to find out that half a dozen other current games are worse!

4. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I has ask a few laptop friend, and many of them found out the games that CPU bound has performance increase, so if you are playing CPU bound game you might found out the performance increase.

For negative impact, just the DWM can't be disable(means some game will be FPS drop in windowed mode), and some old game like in 2000 years will not be full screen, one strange compatibility bug that causing some issues on IME and games, I think you will not facing this bug if you don't using IME

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I've seen no negative impact on the games I play performance-wise (Guild Wars 2, Path of Exile, Dota 2, osu!). If anything, they're slightly better (camera isn't as stuttery in GW2).

Overall performance I might add is just better in 8 than 7, but that's just from what I've seen.

6. GizmoSLI

GizmoSLI Member

GPU:
    2x XFX 7950 H2O@1075/1500

Good question, I only tried BF4 and 3 and both were excellent. The other games i have are Diablo III, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite and Borderlines 2. Let me know if you like me to install any of those and test it out for you.

BTW, if you haven't bought Windows 8 and you will decide to do, look in Ebay for key/download only. It's WAY cheaper in there.

7. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    Hey all (first post on G3D)

Anyone know if 13.11b1 contains the same optimizations that were in 13.10b2 for BF4? I know the game is running terribly at this point in time regardless of drivers, but I want to be sure it still has the optimizations as I don't see it explicitly stated anywhere.

Thanks,
    -Ch0plol

8. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    I've been running that driver for some days now on bf4 beta and it's working pretty well.

9. paleh0rse

paleh0rse Active Member

GPU:
    2 x Powercolor 7870XT
    yeah, it does appear to have the tweaks (app profile). I believe the only thing they added/changed in .11 is support for a few of the newer cards.

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

That's all that seems to be publicly noted anyway. A few people seem to notice better BF4 performance, and other scenarios too. There's also some added app profiles as well (some more popular ones noted in an earlier post).

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Anyone had this issue before its driving me nuts lol cause i cant figure out what i did wrong.
    and i do not want to format windows cause of it, not sure when it happened but i think it was cause of installing these drivers.
    --------------------------------------------------

Windows Experiance Index Test windows 7 x64.
    ---------------------------

I run the test and end up with a error at the end of it:

Windows Experience Index: Could not measure video playback performance popup box.
    seems a file is corrupt or something the graphics drivers are fine and installed without issues no errors.....

its a puzzle i tell ya a puzzle lol

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I've had that issue before in the past; I believe it has to do with AMD's media codecs, but not entirely sure. Had the issue with some beta driver, but it was fixed in the next release.

I was on Win7 a few hours ago, and I believe I had a WEI score without problem on my desktop.

13. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    well at least i know where to start :p i was sure it was cause of this driver, i wonder what got broken :/ the driver installed without errors ??? is there a file i have to replace or reinstall without fully reinstalling the driver to get it to work.

[EDIT]

well still does not work arghhh i have reinstalled all the following and still get the experiance index error at the end it gets to the measuring video performance then error pops up even before it enters the HDD speed test...

AVT and AVT64 reinstalled
    DnDTranscoding and DnDTranscoding64 reinstalled
    WMV Decoder and WMV Decoder64 reinstalled

-----------------------------------------------------

still pops up with : Could not measure video playback performance :/ i give up lol

--------------------------------
    i have includes a WINSAT log, there are issues in there but i dont even know where to start, but its possible someone knows how to fix from this log, SORRY ABOUT THE SIZE :/
    --------------------------------

[EDIT again lol]

managed to fix the issue, seems it was caused by sharky007`s codecs i uninstalled and reinstalled and it fixed the issue i can get a EXPERIANCE INDEX now ;) lol

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Does anyone notice if these drivers toggle the default platform clock or not? The Windows 8.1 installs I've done in the past on my desktop left me with the CPU clock by-default, but this install, I'm on HPET, and can't think of anything I've done differently besides theses drivers...

Can't say it's a problem or not though, in my case anyway.

15. blood_sam

blood_sam Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 OC
    Did any of them notice lower performance with Hitman Absolution compared to Catalyst 13.4 ?

16. far-cough

far-cough Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7990 6GB
    This error can occur if you have disabled Media Foundation for .mp4 with Win7DSFilterTweaker. It can also occur if you have disabled the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder. Undo those tweaks to solve the error. You can re-apply them if desired after the WEI value has been successfully calculated.

17. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    TR;DR:No answer, as none of them are playing it.

As I know, none of them are playing Hitman Absolution...
    The game that I know from them has found out FPS increase are Nobunaga's Ambition: The Way of Heaven, World of Tanks.

And I found out World of Tanks and Planetside 2 has more FPS than other people that having better spec than me, which is 45-60FPS(WoT) and 25-30FPS(PS2, when 250+ people are fighting)

All game that getting FPS increase moving from Windows 7 to Windows 8 are the CPU bound one, you will getting the same with GPU bound.
    ---
    Anyways, for the performance between driver, I don't know, I only getting information from people that I helped, and forum like this.

If you found out performance decrease, but the GPU usage don't change, then it is driver issues.
    It can be they(AMD) want to lowing/stable the rendering time for each Frame, so you get "performance decrease" in newer driver.
    ---
    You can try get the answer from review website, I think they has tested Hitman Absolution between each driver, right?

Yup, just Google awhile with the code 0x800700ea WEI, it can be Temp folder too small, or WMF has some codec being disable.

18. blood_sam

blood_sam Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 OC
    Ok, thanks for the answer.

I didn't check GPU usage, but it is 100 % sure a driver problem, if I go back to 13.4 without touching anything else, my FPS will increase.
    I reported my problem to AMD, but I doubt it will be taken into account for the next Catalyst.

19. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I think you can keep finding the answer, and did you try LeeKM mod driver?
    I wonder did this affect by the Enduro bug or not, that is why I say check the GPU usage. :)

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    My monitor won't wake from sleep using these drivers. I have to reboot.