Alan Wake most definitely not coming to the PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by thecake90, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Most definitely.
    :wanker:

2. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Really it was expected to be honest. I stopped following the game over a year ago because it took them so long to put it on the market. Really hope this game goes down the drain.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    How mean spirited of you, there will never be a PC port if it does.

Not that it will though, MS always has huge success with their exclusives.

4. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Well even if there is a port there is a high chance that it will be far from now unless the 360 version of the game does not make enough money. The game has been announced for quite some time and lets face this announcement is like a slap to the face to PC users in a way.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Please it will end up on the pc in FEW YEAR just like Halo did. At which point even more people will careless about it which was same deal with Halo seeing that was crap port of the console version when this game was original a Mac/PC game in development for 2~3 years before there was even a Xbox even thought of

Pretty much anything MS has exclusivity to that was made by a company that predominantly PC will have the game come out on PC at some point it just depend on how much money MS shoved in there faces to keep exclusive for period of time

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not anymore, The PC won't ever see another Halo game or a Fable or Gears Of War one, we only got ports in the past because the 360 was battering the PS3, but that all changed and now MS are holding onto their exclusives as tightly as Sony holds onto theirs.

7. centurie

centurie Master Guru

GPU:
    n/a
    why can't some people just get into there heads,that this is the beggining of the end for pc gameing.
    i was a pc gamer all my life,i sold my rig and puchased an xbox super elite and a ps3....it was the best move i ever made ..its been the best gameing experiance of my entire life.

as for people saying the 360 versions of games are being pirated as much as pc,s that might be so, but at least MS are banning consols now and turning them into bricks...over a million bans already, shame they can;t brick pc's too.

pc game is dead because of pirates end of story,i know its hard to admit after spending 1000's on a top end rig,that there is not the support now for the pc,but thats is the way it is,

to me xbox live is fantastic....no hackers and everything is fair unlike the pc version where everone hacks the games to gain an advantage.....i now hate the pc scene...and its about time you all except that its finnished.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Couple of things, is your shift key broken? It's one g and two n's and...actually skip that, i could be here all day :p

Piracy is just as bad on the 360, but the sales on the 360 are so high it isn't as important, people can pirate games as much as they want on the PC if the game still sells millions.
    The Sims3 was leaked over 2 weeks early, but still sold 1.4million copies when it launched, and last i checked had sold a total of 6million, and EA and Activision both make a fortune from PC gaming.

It's going nowhere, harcore FPS gaming is though, but most clan guys i know stick to older games so they can get high FPS anyway.

Microsoft cancelled the PC version of Alan Wake as they are panicking about the 360 losing ground to the PS3, not because they have abandoned the PC.

9. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    You seriously need to re-think what you stated as to whether it holds true if the PC is dying or not. (not trying to offend you or anything)Just use the search button in the forum and see that topic. There are quite a bit of threads that have a long discussions on whether PC is dying or not.
    And yeah i have an Xbox 360 but guess what. People still use hacks and exploits of bugs everywhere on the servers to gain advantage. Also Xbox Live is really not worth the money to pay for. (I cant justify it myself because it is a service that should be free and not paid. )

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  10. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    No hackers?................... Hmmm. Let me post a quote from Bioshock 1 seeing as I played it and saw this recently.

"Sure, the boys in Ryan's lab can make it hack-proof. But that don't mean we ain't gonna hack it." -- Pablo Navarro

11. _Rnesto

_Rnesto Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    maybe developers did us a favor by not releasing this "game" for the PC.

12. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I was joking about the controls to poke fun at IF. Max Payne 1 and 2 are great when it comes to controls. That's why I fear for the 3rd one.