Acer GD245HQ

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ..VeNoM.., Feb 28, 2011.

1. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Hi, just ordered myself an Acer 24inch 120hz Monitor for £250 and have read mixed reviews about how it's good for gaming but poor for desktop work. However I don't 3D game at this present time it's something I would like to do in the future so buying the monitor now saves me money in the long run.

Both desktop working and gaming are my thing so I would like some personal opinions from you guys please?

FYI.. I'm upgrading from a samsung 20inch syncmaster LCD.

Kind Regards,

Todd

2. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    anyone?

3. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    It's good at what it supposed to do. It's got what most gamers need which is a higher reso than most 120hz screens. Most only go up to 1680x1050. It does 120hz at 2ms, so it does 3d. The colors it was bothers most people when it comes to 120hz lcd's because they just suck in factory mode, my viewsonic 120hz did as well. But with some tweaking you can get it just right.

At the moment the benq one is probably the best 120hz gaming monitor out there. But the acer one is really good as well. The only way they can improve these things is if they switch to better panels for the colors.

Im not sure how the input lag is with the monitor but I highly doubt you'll notice it.

Another thing 120hz lcds suffer from is backlight bleeding, not sure how much it is with the acer but on some monitors it sucks. Depends on your brightness tho'

Even so I think you'll love the monitor, they all have some flaws but in the end the smoothness and the game experience is amazing. I'd never wanna go back to crt again that's for sure

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  4. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Thanks bud. I was thinking of getting the benq (the new one) but after reading a lot of bad reviews on it I was put off. I like the styling of the aced too. I'm just waiting on stock so it gets dispatched. 3D will be about a year off for me as I have things like gpu to upgrade first. At least I know I'm set for the future standard (120hz).

I'll try and post back with my opinion on this monitor once it's delivered.

5. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Ok had my monitor now for a couple of days and must say I'm loving it. I'm not monitor expert but would highly recommend this monitor, although it is a little pricey at around £250.