5.1 headset and headache

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by 3dPlayer, Jun 24, 2010.

1. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Hi gurus :), i have the steelseries siberia and the roccat kave, i use both on w7 64 with the creative titanium soundcard, is it possibly that im having any kind of headache because of the weight of the Kave?

With the kave i hear a white noise.Its a background sound like when you are testing the mic, but i took the mic off so its not from it.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    i guess not :)

3. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    probably not i have Very very heavy headphones and no headaches you need to build up your neck muscles.

the noise is from a amp.

4. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i have roccat kave and i dont experience any of the problem u mentioned. it works perfectly for me.

5. stalker31

stalker31 New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    Change the Flexijack to Line-In when you arent using the mic. Also mute the Line-In / Mic in the X-Fi console.

The vibration units did not work in my Kave initially. To get them working turn on the bass redirection to 100Hz and check the Subwoofer gain checkbox.(required for entertainment and game modes)

You may have to uncheck the Full-range speaker setting in the Windows Speaker Setup to get them working.(required for Game Mode)

6. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    yes sir, i did notice that usb works as amp and if i unplug it the noise in the background is gone.

so, i believe maybe its a deffective headset, or is this normal in this kind of headsets?

but i cant play with the usb unpluged cuz i wont hear almost nothing in games, music...

maybe i will RMA it, should i ?

7. gipszjakab17

gipszjakab17 New Member

GPU:
    ati 4850
    roccat kave microphone problems

Hi!
    I have the same problem with my Roccat Kave. The microphone worked for 2 days, then suddenly it couldn't capture any voice, instead it generates white noise. I seems that we have the same problem. I tried the headset with different soundcards and 3 different computers, no difference. I didn't damage the headset or it's cable, I took care of it.

I looked for a solution on the internet, but I didn't find any, except "I threw the headset away". I also contacted the manufacturer, no answer yet. I'll update here if I find out something.

I hope someone here can help, or have a good hint what to do.

8. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i dont know whats wrong with yours but my kave works really well, no problem so far its been months already.

9. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    If they dont contact you by email, call them they should let you RMA it. Because it sound like your mic went faulty.

10. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    i send it to RMA, this one has the same problem, its not the mic fault, its something about the contruction of the remote control i think.

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    If its the remote that doing it then. most likey they make give you another one with a bad remote if you was to rma that one again. You could just get a Turtle beach HPA2 or so if you really sick of it messing up and in fear getting another one with a bad remote.