3090 Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 24, 2020.

1. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    With the Gigabyte 390w BIOS you also loose the VRAM temp sensor, I haven't tried the KFA2/Galax bios yet, I'll save that for when I get my card under water.

Usually if a warranty sticker is broken here in Australia they won't reject the warranty because of it, but it can take a lot longer for the RMA due to having to send the card back for physical inspection to see if there isn't any user damage, which is fair enough.
    Well at least I know that with the Asus/ROG cards, not sure about the Inno3D, but that's why I've always bought ROG, just couldn't this time because of stock levels.

I do try to safely remove Warranty sticker with a heat gun, then store then on wax paper, not always 100% successful.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  2. h4xor1701

h4xor1701 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Inno3D
    Hi tried yesterday with custom uv curve 1845mhz@0.9v together with 390W KFA2 bios, much fps boost in games, but temps go crazy XD
    Here my results:
    -bios 390W:
    +250mhz core
    full load 88c fans at 80+%
    Superposition extreme 12940
    crash with amost every game [​IMG]
    -bios 390W:
    custom UV curve
    full load at 80c with fans 80%
    cyberpunk gains +3fps vs 370W,
    Superposition extreme 12791
    -stock 370w:
    custom UV curve
    full load 72/74c fans at 65%
    Superposition extreme 12546

I think 370W is more consistent performance wise.
    I confirm that with KFA bios too you loose the VRAM temp sensor

3. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Strange is you are loosing VRAM temperature sensor, I have tried every BIOS on my Palit RTX 3090 GamingPro and with every BIOS I have exactly same sensor layout, just with 3*8-pin power reading is messed up

@h4xor1701 These extra 20W shouldn't make difference on any GPU with good cooler, I really never run with stock coolers and I really can't comment on that too

I know some people have such issues when they are running XOC BIOS which is 1000W and temperature spikes are understandable

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The VRAM sensor seems to always register +10C at least than the core sensor. I think these cards really need WC.

5. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Given up on the Inno3D, picking up a EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 XC3 Ultra Gaming, going to put a Hybrid cooler on it.

6. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    even under water the Vram is hotter but not madly so
    upload_2021-2-10_10-31-45.png

7. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Has anyone here actually *flashed* that and verified it really works?

8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    If my GPU have dual BIOS I would try it in heartbeat hahaha but sadly I have just single BIOS GPU

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Falkentyne likes this.
  9. h4xor1701

h4xor1701 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Inno3D
    so i'm going to buy Alphacool waterblock for my Inno3D, do you think is worth it?

10. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Its a decent Block mine has a single screw alignment fault but to there credit they have acknowledged it and are willing to accept the return when my new one arrives, changing to the Aquacomputer active so I can cool the Vram on the Back as well, in all honesty my temps on the ram are decent anyway so if its much of a delay I will just gp for a swap of this one, have been waiting 4 Weeks now, mines the RGB version, have just tried a loop 5x of Time spy extreme 4k and the max Vram Temp was 80 DegC max GPU was 55DegC

11. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I was thinking of going full Heatkiller for WC in general, the block I have found for the GPU is this one:
    Heatkiller V for Zotac Trinity 3080/3090 - ACRYL Ni aRGB, 164,09 € (watercool.de)
    HEATKILLER® V Backplate for Zotac Trinity RTX 3080/3090 - Black, 35,85 € (watercool.de)

It is confirmed by Watercool that it works with the Inno3D. Both the Inno and the Zotac use what is referred as "NVIDIA partner PCB". This is effectively a reference design without the weird 12V power plug, but 2x8Pin plugs instead.

12. h4xor1701

h4xor1701 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Inno3D
    I was reading the Alphacool doesn't cool the inductors, is it true?
    I'll check the Aquacomputer too

13. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    For money Bykski waterblock is one of the best, temperatures are nice on my waterblock, VRAM temperatures in 60's or highest what I have seen is 60°C

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

nizzen likes this.
  14. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I really can't comment on Heatkiller, I didn't tested yet their waterblocks and can't comment how they perform and how they compare against each other but if we are going by their reputation then this block should perform well

For CPU waterblock, there are so many good waterblocks which works well on AMD Ryzen

I would pay attention to radiators, get good radiators

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Since I cannot find Hardware Labs radiators anywhere, I was thinking of settling with a Corsair XR5 (effectively a HWL 360 GTS), and 2x Corsair XR7 (effectively HWL 360 GTX). I am also planning on using the Heatkiller CPU block, Barrow 16/10 fittings and zero maintenance rubber tubing, with Mayhems X1 clear. I really don't care about the looks, I want something that will work quietly with the least amount of problems.

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    @PrMinisterGR
    You went from what; 7970 quadro bake or was it GTX 1080 to 3090?
    Either way that is insane upgrade. Congrats!

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  17. dexterav

dexterav Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    i have 13k+with normal bios 3090 Phoenix GS
    still i thing if you dont crossing PL you have better results like crossing PL with spikes and after this clocks going down so much...
    with 0,85V i am only few watts close to PL, but almost never falling with clocks under 1905MHz (1920 original but boost still falling clock one or 2 bins no matter how pl or temp, simillar to 2080ti)
    its allways funy see on TimeSpy benchs setting clocks to 2GHz and average is 1850 in too many results :)

18. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Barrow 16/10mm Compression fittings I'm using and EPDM tubing as well, they're perfect match and EPDM is maintenance free tubing, it should last at least 3 years and coolant as well, running same X1 one now close to 3rd year and no issues

Regarding the radiators and HWLABS availability in EU, sadly in EU they are hard to find, I think only Highflow is selling them in EU and in UK there is only one reseller or dealer for HWLabs

Other good radiators are XSPC, they perform on par and if I would get Corsair XR5 or XR7, I wouldn't because these are not GTS radiators but L series which are OEM radiators and they are more restrictive than GTS and mainly they don't perform as good as GTS, I once made same mistake going with LS360 radiators and flow literally plummeted

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

19. Gfunkernator

Gfunkernator Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 GxT
    Hi, new to this thread. I have an msi gaming x trio. EKWB block and backplate are coming soon. Anyone else here with a Trio under water? What kind of results are you getting clock and temp wise?

insp1re2600 likes this.
  20. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I would expect temperatures in 38-45°C region, everything will be depend on loop radiators used and ambient temperatures

Friend have RTX 3090 Suprim X with Bykski waterblock and his temperatures are around 38-43°C during the gaming in 22-24°C ambient, he didn't seen higher temperatures than 45°C to the date, he is running 5950X in same loop and he is running 2*360mm radiators plus MO-ra3 360mm, fans on 360mm radiators are running just at 600RPM and MO-ra3 360mm fans in 900RPM range, his case have fairly restrictive filters and he can't run fans without the filters(cats and his skin condition) and that's why he is running MO-ra3 360mm, with only case radiators he would seen probably higher temperatures, I will have his PC for some maintenance here this week and see how it performs with only 2*360mm radiators

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Gfunkernator likes this.