3080 Ti Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Witcher29, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    I got my 980ti setup that is as good as a 3090 in rasterization performance for $230usd a pop. Only found 1 game that does not work in 3/4way SLI so far (doom eternal) that i actually wanted to play.

The rtx3k series is underwhelming.

2. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Eh it works for me so not really a fantasy just my experience for the last 6 years on maxwell butter smooth 4k100+ for like 6 years now i think ain't got no reason to upgrade, with the cost of a new GPU severely outweighing its performance and the fact you can't SLI to to it alive for 6years+ anymore. I feel like the rtx2080ti is already obsolete if you want to use RTX features for example at 60fps what a crazy short viable lifespan for huge costs.

it's understandable though your view point if you have no idea how to work an SLI system its a waste of time and money these days even other peoples profiles may not work due to system differences. No need to act in such an out of touch and laughable manner you share the same opinion as the masses and it is neither correct or incorrect but user specific.

The1, OnnA and endbase like this.
  3. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    £1000 in the UK

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You mean £1,750 to £4,000? And that's if you have been able to find any retailers with them in stock because I have been checking but not found a single UK retailer that has been selling these cards. All of them show as Out of Stock or Coming Soon. One UK retailer, CCLOnline, was even caught trying to sell RTX 3080 Ti cards at £2,700 on their own website until someone did a video shaming them and they quickly removed all listings for the card.

I know COVID has messed up a lot of things but the shameless price gorging that scalpers are doing and even NVIDIA themselves (the RTX 3080 Ti is overpriced by £200-£250 in my view) is disgusting. Makes me wonder just how much longer I'll actually be playing games on PC. Might just stick with consoles for gaming as at least those do sell for the recommended retail price when they are in stock.

jura11 and -Tj- like this.

5. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Nope, i think it was SCAN or OCUK had them up for a grand, unless it was a typo as there was only one brand, i didnt pay to much attention at the time.

6. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Dear fellow members i mayyyyy be getting my hands on a 3080ti next week.... såååå don't kill me pleeeze

7. Poki Vision

Poki Vision Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce RTX
    I actually feel ripped off paying full retail for that card.

8. SesioNLive

SesioNLive Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Who the hell needs a 3080 Ti.. I don't :D

upload_2021-6-29_16-11-51.png

9. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    I got the RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio today. If anyone is interested in this gpu beware of the temps. Don't be fooled by the cooler. It may look like a big boye. But it's a trash boye. It takes 2 minutes to reach its temp limit set by the bios at 83c and its audible. There is the fact that its 33c here and the ambient is around 28-29, but still. Oh and the voltage is locked, if you wanna OC, only power limit is the savior which could be set at 107%. Memory doesn't like going past +500, core doesn't really care what you do with it because its doing its own thing either ways because of the temp limit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Maddness likes this.
  10. NEP6XSBW

NEP6XSBW Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Placed my order for a 3080 Ti earlier this week from EVGA. Just $930 USD with EVGA Elite membership. Should be arriving on Monday.

Mda400 and Cave Waverider like this.

11. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    Got this one to around +120 core and +1200 memory.

Power and temp limit maxed, temp reaches about 75c max with 23c ambient in an Antec 1200 case that has an exhaust fan by the GPU.

My new space heater for the winter :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I wouldn't worry about too much about it man, these have so much juice in them stock, the extra power & heat needed for the extra what 3-5%, meh. I won't even bother with any OC, maybe when winter time comes I'll give it shot, but right now I'm melting myself as is...

Grats on the card!

13. Wishmaker

Wishmaker Member

GPU:
    CFX: XFX HD4890 XXX
    Coming from an KFA2 RTX 2070 Super where temperatures have been superb and this RTX 3080TI FE is a shocking card. I never expected to buy a 1300 EUR product and have a useless cooler. RAM temps in HZD@1440p maxed out 96 degrees. It is okay, as we know money grows on trees and I can easily shell out another 400 EUR to add this in my loop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    lol, if only you knew what you are actually complaining about and realized its not actually an issue.

0C to +95C/+105C (NOT the hotspot temp, which is what hwinfo shows)

15. Wishmaker

Wishmaker Member

GPU:
    While the below is for the 3080, the 3090 and 3080TI have the same issues. Tom's HW has an article on the matter.
    I don't care for mining as this is not the purpose of this card. If I get such temps in gaming, I will destroy the card in 6 months. I am not sure how your 3080TI works but mine to control those temps require active noise cancelling headphones. My verdict still stands.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not an issue, the card is in spec.

what the real issue is, is consumer end users thinking they actually know what silicon electronics tolerances are, when they don't - and then proceeding to make an issue about it on social media's where wrong opinions spread like covid19.

17. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    yup,it is in spec
    regardless.100 is hot whether in spec or not.

people should do research instead of cursing the product.it's not like it was kept secret.g6 runs hot,g6x even hotter.
    vram tepmerature is something I would definitely check before purchasing a gddr6 card,let alone a +300w gdd6x one.

your verdict is that you haven't done your research.
    I would never purchse a card that runs vram close to 100 degrees,though it is in spec.But if I did that'd be on me.This information is widely available and has been since rtx30 launch.

Solfaur likes this.
  18. Wishmaker

Wishmaker Member

GPU:
    I admit I have not read the ToS here in a while.
    I will pay closer attention next time before posting.
    I seem to have missed the section in the rules where buying a product and having first hand experience voids my opinion.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The opinion is invalidated when it begins to claim that a product operating within the specifications set out by the manufacturing fab is flawed and isn't supported by a lab backed watchdog. There are wrong and right opinions, regardless of your entitlement to one.

96c for gaming temps is absolutely fine, there is more data per cycle running through those chips than any gddr variant before it. the folks at foxtron that assisted in developing the cooler know far more about thermodynamics than any of us here ever will.

Something to be fully aware of, is that hwinfo only reports a single tjunction temp for memory out of the 10-24 modules instead of 1 for each of them, so its either getting a median value or only displaying for the single hottest one which could be adjacent to the vrm.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  20. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it's not like it's voided,but really,like astyanax said - this is 19gbps memory,and it's on a 350w card.
    if you wanted good vram temps then partner cards were the only solution.
    you walked right into this one,sorry,but this was gonna happen.