2020 has really screwed with my head.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by jbscotchman, Jun 29, 2020.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    There's a whole lot to say here but out of respect for the forums I won't say anymore because I know this is a mult-cultural and multi-national website of many beliefs and different sources of info. We can talk private if you want.

2. From the footnote of the Video's more info portion "--Disclaimer-- These are the opinions and ramblings of a lunatic. They are for entertainment purposes only and are probably wrong. You listen at your own risk."

I was going to write before finding that I think salty is coked out (or drinks way too much coffee)

3. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    No point if you're going to send videos from specific events. Think bigger.
    If more people are thrown into poverty due to a virus, is it more likely to lead to more or less violence? Now, that's should be the major concern.
    Also, why are politicians bought by for instance NRA money? Why is USA unique in the west in having such gun problems? Wherein lies the morality of making money which leads to mass harm? (this question also applies to private prisons, if money can be made from putting people behind bars, does the system not want more people in prison? Yes it of course does)
    It's these major systematic errors USA needs to start address.

I'm not going to believe people who express horrors of a kid dying to guns if this has continued for decades and there is no demand for major systematic change.
    How come the leader of NZ acted so fast after the major shooting? It's also good to note that she handled the covid problem a lot better.

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    True. But it's still a Real news story. How is this dude's opinions any different from what you get from CNN's and MSNBC'S anchors? Maybe cleaner language, but not much really.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

5. Maybe that it may not be news? Just an observation; people publish their content as journalists, as entertainers. This does affect how they are viewed and treated in the eyes of the law (freedom of the press for example). How I perceive content is based on that - just a point an observation.

I have something I thought you two might find interesting. It's called a political compass
    [​IMG]

6. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Is it really worth to change topic into education of what suppose to be right and what suppose to be wrong?

Aw yeah, mah boy with quality content. Since you are green, I assume you are social libertarian :D

7. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    That's one variant of it, but they seldom tell the entire truth. Marx for instance was in favor of reformism (see: the Paris commune) and saw more hope in USA than he did in Russia because Russia had strongmen leaders which would difficult to replace.
    Or take Rand's objektivionism which places it close to libertarianism, but she wasn't even in favor of female presidents. How that's for a small state?
    There are also many strange bedfellows. We see for instance how the "capitalist" west has a love affair with "communist" China (who in turn has extremely big socio-economic differences and of course some animals being more equal than others..)

8. lol *shrugs* I'm not sure what I am called

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2020
  9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You know what I love about geo politics? It's like sports, if we still have them anymore? Everybody has a team. Some people support that team their whole life, and some switch teams throughout their lives. There is nothing wrong with either choice. I just took a look at the title of this thread and the intention of it. I've decided to let Josey Wales and Ten Bears sum it up the best I can.

10. Yeah; nothing is purely simple. Just an example showing different incentives is all. Doesn't make either idealist or morally right or wrong. Believe me I don't intend to open the ethics can of worms lol

I agree nah it's true what you said about geopolitics bro I think you are right on the money! I grew up in a Pentecostal household... folks were die hard Republicans, father was a die hard one mother more than him.

I enlisted in the Marines out of high school and for me during that period was when I kinda fell out of paying attention to politics, the news etc (for a good while at least). I was like 17 when everything first started and probably 18 when the lightbulb clicked when I think I was at least semi aware enough of what was going on enough around me.

So by 19 I was pretty disenfranchised with a lot of stuff at the time; this was back in 2009 and into 2010 when this was all starting for me. We were under Obama at the time and sending guys into Afghanistan. I don't intend to make this about War (that's not where this is going). Nah more so just I was way too young to "get anything" hell I think even now it's still a lot at times but then just what was right in front of me was enough at times.

I just can relate. I started off in this home that was like oh you must live this way be this way and now I'm a total opposite. Three of my exes are black, two are filipino - this is like... not the way I grew up how my family was like. When you have parents that are like "oh we aren't racist" we just never had black friends never dated any etc.... stuff like that... just weirds you out as you get older... Don't relate to my younger self (13-15) but that's a good thing thank god. (if there is one)

jbscotchman likes this.

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    you are green in your avatar!

12. *facepalm* I just edit my earlier post I'm such a dumbass I realized what you meant sorry! :D

Yoda the libertarian :p haha that is funny

EDIT: Yoda the Liberchlorian :cool:

sverek likes this.
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    green lives matter!

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  14. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Silence hedgehog!

15. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    386SX, Brasky, JonasBeckman and 5 others like this.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Lots of us do right now.

17. Lol just glad we seem to have more humor and common ground than anything, or we try to ... that's not always the case ... there are some flame wars out there man

:eek: what'd you mean by that eh ? what's wrong with lil green men :oops:

Good point; being cooped up & working from home is unusual for me

If I were a mod this would be my avatar hah

jbscotchman likes this.
  18. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Green everywhere,because its summer isnt? ;)

Nothing political here,but I like this Florida's Sheriff Daniels (and his message for the Flag Day on his yt channel)

19. You know I just realized isn't green kinda a color all over summer winter spring but not fall? Winter cause of all the Holiday themes mostly right?

EDIT: I'll check out your video...
    EDIT#2: Ppl will split hairs over his points on carry law (probably the carry right part mainly) as a threat n not a statement...how a Sheriff can deputize. I didn't know you could do that to a whole town? but hey lots I do not know'