2015 - Contest winners

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 1, 2016.

1. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Congrats everyone I was looking forward to winning something, would have been a nice hangover cure but alas was not to be, will keep trying tho :)

2. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Congrats to all the winners! Enjoy your new toys! ;)

Someone who actually bothers to read what people write (and not just the part about winning something), and whose wording is quite cogent. You, sir, have my respect.

3. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    Yeah congrats to the ACTUAL forum members. I do mean that.

This years contest was completely saturated with new members. 3 of 5 posts were from new members with again, ONE post saying "good luck to everyone!".

Yeah thanks.... you don't deserve to even enter but good luck hmm?

Won't be bothering next year or until there are fair rules. What is the point of making this contest for "Guru3D Members" if you can become a member at ANY time and enter with no post restrictions.

Some peoples first post was literally entering into the contest. There is something wrong with that.

Other than that, I'm glad at least SOME real forum members won some nice prizes. Happy New Year everyone!

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Its very simple, simply do not count on winning. Haven't won anything but im not disappointing as i never expected to win. Quite funny to see all the salty people disappointing for not winning. lol

5. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Congrats to all the winners.

Enjoy your goodies.

6. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Congratulations to the winners.

Whiners go rma your brain, need a fix asap.

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Congratulations to all the winners and enjoy your prices , thank you Hilbert for opportunity to enter this awesome hardware giveaway !

8. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Congrats to all of you lucky folks, and thanks H. for the contests.

9. ht_addict

ht_addict Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Vega64(CF)
    Please don't generalize and group people and make conclusions on who they are unless you know them. Getting back the fact of the matter. The rules were vague, may not be legally binding and could be challenged if anyone wanted too. If Guru3d has been registered as a business, since it makes money from ads, they are therefore held to certain standards when giving away prizes in draws. Rules have to be followed and posted otherwise the results could be nul and void.

10. ninay

ninay Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    congrats to all the winners!

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Way to be a douche.

I can say I won a 4890 here years ago.

12. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    IKR?

Just searched every winning name on the forums as I recognize none of them and only 4 out of all the winners are forum members. I'm sorry but this "contest" is a joke. Essentially you can enter the contests without being a member. If this wasn't true you'd put their member ID instead of their actual names or FB or EMAIL contact.

Hilbert you said this contest was for us, people who VISIT YOUR SITE. The people that specifically dont block ads because you asked. Not for people who signed up just to screw our contest for a chance of winning something they do not deserve to win.

Then you go and let anybody enter? Even non members? Because I guarantee you didn't cross reference Facebook or Email entries to see if they were in fact members.

Of course I will be ostracized for saying this. I couldn't care less at this point, I'm clearly the only one with enough balls to say something.

I'd like to hear from Hilbert on this. This is not "sour grapes".... it's "why did you allow anybody at all to enter when you said the contest was for us?".

Fair question to ask IMO.

13. krusher_r

krusher_r Member

Thanks to Guru3D and all the sponsors!

My hunch here BTW is that they used random.org to generate a random number. You can't get much more random than atmospheric noise (background radiation).

14. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Congrats guys!

15. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Congrats to all of the winners and thanks to HH! :)

*The people complaining about their perceived authenticity issues with this contest really need to knock it off. Acting that way is childish at best. Just go and read the contest rules for each day's giveaway again.... everything is legit here.

16. arondutzu

arondutzu Banned

GPU:
    GTX 690 BBN
    :)

That was before or after you became a moderator?.. And if by warning me on the forum you think that you intimidate me, you're wrong. This is what you consider democracy :) ?. Please show me when I've insulted a member, and please show me that the other members that called me an idiot (which I probably am, because I'm wasting my time writting this) have been warned also. As for ht_addict you've got all my respect. All you need to know is that :stewpid:

17. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Let it go.

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Grats to all winners :p

19. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    I'm glad to see some forumers won stuff.

I'm laughing pretty hard at someone saying they participate when the majority of their posts are in this thread.

20. Berke53

Berke53 Active Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC
    Congrats to the winners! Lucky Basterds :flip: