Zalman CNPS 9900 Dual Fan review [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review yet another Zalman CNPS (Computer Noise Prevention System) CPU cooler, it is the CNPS 9900 DF with Dual Fan. It's 2012 and Zalman is going strong on the concept and just when you think they...

Zalman CNPS 9900 Dual Fan review

2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    i had the single fan version and it was very good but i quess theyve gone as far as they can now because the 9900 is at least 2yrs old now

3. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I still not understand how older version are better that the new ones. !!??

4. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Quoted for truth. Well, the second fan takes away quite a bit of the body. I have the MAX and will keep it, as it beats the DF in temps *and* noise.

5. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Hilbert, would you be willing to do a comparison test for us?

I've known the Zalman is probably the best single fan cooler on the market, but, the thing is, the 9900 max contains far more "Metal" then most coolers, but has only one fan, so its limited overall by airflow vs stuff like the Noctua DH-14 Which has two fans, at that, using Noctua fans which are high airflow.

I stuck a Noctua P-14 fan onto the side of my Zalman 9900 MAX cooler at full speed, and not only does it reduce temperatures drastically, I get better cooling results then even a Corsair H100 cooler.

Would you be willing to do a test with the 9900 MAX and sticking a Noctua P-14 onto the side? It would be interesting to see your results