WoW Classic official announcement!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Solfaur, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah, figured it would be something like that, I plan to resub sometime in July, maybe I'll get lucky then. Either way, not much to test for me either (besides I already am subscribed to a number of youtubers that will do the "work"), was just curious to see the new engine for myself before release, as I never played Cataclysm and everything that came after.

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea thats kinda moronic you would think they would have legacy builds laying around. like pre pc, pre wotk, etc.

Or hell just pay one of the teams that data mined the old client data. they had that stuff for years.

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Moronic? They explain exactly why they had to do it that way and why it's a massive undertaking. You didn't watch anything of the video did you? They have legacy clients.

And by data mining old client data, if you're referring to the server data, the private servers didn't have it. It's a hack-job. All they did was analyze the packets being sent back and forth to enable emulation, but essentially all non-asset data was stored server side. It's mostly guess work which is why so much of it is just flat out wrong.

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    nope because i do not give two spits about wow, so no not gonna watch a video on it.

And well bethesda is dying rapidly anyway. rip in 10 years or so.

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I can not play Vanilla WOW again leveling Characters to 60 In the same old world.Plus I am done with the subscription thing a long time ago.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    You don't give two spits about wow, yet you care enough to come in here and make ignorant comments. Funny how that works.
    This is Blizzard btw, not Bethesda.

metagamer likes this.
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well yea blizzard is full of corp hacks.

their hay days are over. same for the OTHER B studio.

cept i think the other b is step or few ahead.

i could barely care about wow when i was 40 man raid guild doing aq. why would care all these years later? there were reasons i quit to begin with that had nothing to do with my guild that was amazing great people and everything with blizzards vapid ass game and treadmill mechanics.

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    [​IMG]

9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  10. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Classic looks quite promising (especially compared to the BFA), but I still don't really know about the longevity of that project. Sure it was fun when it was live, but the times have changed and the same mechanics aren't as fun today. I also doubt there will be that many people playing it actively to support the whole thing which will limit everything you do in the game. Lastly what will happen when the naxxramas is farmed ? Will classic turn into TBC and then WOTLK, etc. or will it just stay as is ?

cerebus23 likes this.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    lol keep hope alive they can recover, i will enjoy the pop corn.

12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    So this guy, Jesse Cox, was certain he wouldn't like Classic, not excited at all. Then he gets to try the beta and now he's hyped for classic lmao. I guess the old magic still works.

Nothing planned, but they have said tbc and wrath is on the table if enough people want it and Classic is a success.
    There's also no plan restart vanilla later on.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Don't think i'll sink time in Classic WoW, i'd rather play my characters that will have a future.
    If TBC and Wrath happen, and then what?

I just hope with this side project it won't affect the next expansion.

14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    It won't. The only thing is Classic and current WoW won't have overlapping releases. Other than that it's separate teams, Classic being mostly, if not all, engineers.

signex likes this.
  15. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Hmm that's what I'm afraid of, as I've said I'm sure it can be fun for a time, but you do need new content. Maybe they'll make it a continuation in tbc, etc. It could work, as you will know exactly what you'll get. And it can be fun, especially if the current addon is bad and they have just one subscription as they have advertised.

I guess we'll see in august, they don't require extra buy beyond subscription, right ?

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    cox loved DAI he loves busy work lol. that game was 60% filler bs. and he played the hell out of it bragged about it on tbs old streams.

So yea take him with a grain.

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Actually... I think I'll take a couple of weeks of holiday to jump right into the launch of WoW Classic. If the game bores me after a week, I'll just put my feet up for the rest of my holiday and enjoy the "no work" scenario.

Like, honestly, this is as big a game launch as we've had in years so why not. Dwarf warrior for me it is again, some 15 years later.

I don't care about the beta, I don't want to play it. I'll just sit quiet right here, getting ready to go back to BRD for countless hours.

Bring it on.

signex likes this.
  18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Yep, that's it.

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    @metagamer

Knowing Blizzard and having experienced all their previous day 1 launches, i wouldn't dare to take a holiday the first 2 weeks of launch.

20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I've been there for pretty much every blizz launch in the last 15+ years. It's part of the experience, who wants a smooth launch anyway? If there's no queues and server issues at launch, the game is dead.