Would you like to join the Guru3D: OCZ SSD test team ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2015.

1. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    I'd love to give this a go. Always up for testing out nice new shiny toys!

Forgot to mention, can test in the main rig in my signature, my AM1 based HTPC / Media Server / Loungeroom gaming machine, or my i5 Toshiba laptop

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. elando

elando Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    I would love to give it a go since I dont have a SSD. I do have a fair amount of time to report properly on the matter.

3. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    I can happily assist with this. As my home computer is also my work computer. My OS drive is always highly active. But I'm also an avid gamer so it would be nice to host the games on the same drive as opposed to running 3 120gb SSDs. (GTA V 60gb download.. sheesh)

On a side note, I am using a 4790k with a z97 Mark S sabertooth board. Currently have 3 Samsung 840pro SSDs all 120gb and a 500gb HDD.

4. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    I could take part here. I'm sceptical of OCZ after owning the first ever SSD they did which frankly was terrible. Lets see what they're up to now.

I can use this as my main os drive if you like and would enjoy sending back feedback regularly over the 2 years. I have a native sata 3 x79 system with 4 different brands of SSD in it and ssds in all my consoles.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

5. nKwoel

nKwoel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX650Ti Boost
    I can be part of it. I will do some review n comparison with my SSDs Im using now, Kingston HyperX 3K 240Gb and Plextor M5Pro Ex 512Gb. So this will be more fair if I compare both of them with OCZ you provide.

6. rongtw

rongtw Guest

GPU:
    asus 1060 strix
    i would also be happy to assist in this , i have a old agility 3 120gig which has been in constant use for a few years now

7. keloo81

keloo81 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Well, I am using my computer for a lot of stuff, browsing, gaming, office, photoshop, torrents. I could give the SSD a lot of testing.
    Plus, the thing is I still have (but don't use it anymore) an almost dead SSD from OCZ, namely OCZ Petrol 64 GB. That was a pretty lousy SSD! I had problems with the first, I changed it, and then I had problems with the new one also (got papers to prove it)... I thing you owe me one OCZ!
    Hope the new SSDs are better than the one I had!

8. bonomork

bonomork Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 6800XT
    All my fleet is equipped with an SSD, mainly Samsung 840 series 120/250 GB.
    Recently I bought a Kingstone 3dnow 240GB SSD for my renewed HTPC replacing the old but glorious OCZ Vertex 3 120GB (replacing n° 2 OCZ PETROL SSD faulty). This Vertex 460A is similar to previous 460 with a very good reading speed.
    If you need a tester I will be very glad to support you.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Now this would be really interesting to test. I still have only mechanical drives. It would be my main computers OS drive. Usage would be for gaming and content creation for a game too.

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I've been running OCZ Agility 3's for awhile now and have always had great experiences with OCZ's products in the past. I'd love a chance to take part in this, and regardless of being selected or not I think it's a fantastic opportunity and a great way to work with the community. So kudos to OCZ and Guru3D!

My main usage for such a drive would probably be a combination of gaming and file downloads/transfers from the internet and over my own network, as well as some content creation. So that would be daily data writing and removal ranging from a few hundred megabytes to several gigs each day. I'd be happy to vary my workload a little more if that would be of further help.

Good luck to all involved!

11. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    I would love to take part in this

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Interesting. I never owned OCZ SSD or memory and i always wanted to...

Heard alot about prons and cons about OCZ, it would be nice to test it myself. :)

13. Pandelas

Pandelas Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 dual x
    Count me in guys ;)

14. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    I'd love to join! I've recently been studying the inner workings of flash and even put together a special "tinkering machine" :D OS is being swapped frequently too including cloning with Acronis etc. Would be VERY interested in testing this as it would help them with reliability and me in my studies.

15. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    My SSD's has always been OCZ, and my current ones are the original Vector, and the Agility 4... so id actually be quite interested in testing their newest edition.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I think I would like to test one. Never owned an SSD though but would be cool, I'd do after effects/photoshop, gaming.. stuff like that. :)

Cool opportunity hilbert, thanks.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's amazing how many people offering to help either joined recently or have very few posts.

I'd love to help out but I don't have a system available for such use. I could easily find 5 people in this thread that I would highly recommend for this "2 year test" though.

18. TorrentG2

TorrentG2 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2 GB OC
    I don't have SATA III port, but please keep me in mind for any other related kind of things. hmu anytime. Especially any music-pc related stuff. Actually, if you wanted to expand the website to include computer related audio gear and that kinda thing, in the future, I can be very helpful in that dept. Just ideas. :)

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Sounds interesting, i don't mind throwing my hat into the ring.

20. wollyka

wollyka Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980GTX
    Interesting, count me in :)
    However, i think there are others who are easily more "illegible" :)