Worth getting two graphics cards?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by nsol, Mar 16, 2012.

1. nsol

nsol Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti OC
    Hi guys,

So, I bought a MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti OC Twin FrozR II 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card last summer and I've been thinking about getting a second one of these and have an SLI for my gaming.

Would this be a real upgrade or is it not worth it as I'm planning on building a new rig in 2013 (summer).

Thanks.

2. orion24

orion24 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
    SLI will increase your frame rate about 60%. If it worth's or not, is only up to your personal judge.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Is that cooler master hyper 212 strong enough for 2 cards? Lol

4. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    The only real reason to have SLI or XFire,is if you have resolution over 1920x1200. One higher end card will run any game today,if you are not running very high resolutions like 2560x1600 and above. In my opinion.

5. Black0ut

Black0ut Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning 2GB
    Not sure if serious....or trolling....

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What games are you looking at playing, coz this year it dont look like there are any real gpu intensive games coming out so if its 2013 you gonna build a new rig than i would wait untill then or just save the money and if a game does come out that requires more gpu power then hay why not.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    just going by the specs einstein

8. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    For me it was well worth it. High end graphics run much better with my dual gpu then single. Sometimes there are waits on drivers. I usually just continue playing something else until a driver update comes out unless the game runs good. Thank god me3 was flawless. : )

9. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    I'm still running a gtx295 and it kicks the **** outta any game (vanilla) I throw at it np. The only time my graphics card has trouble is if I try run a game with TONS of texture mods so much that my 900mb is not enough. For example vanilla skyrim runs perfectly smooth np at all and looks great. However the HD texture pack + other texture packs will mean that occasionally my fps stops for a sec when loading a new zone and things like that.

SLI will not double your video card memory though so you really will still have 1g of video memory with the new card.

So I recommend not buying a new card until you can afford a card with lots more memory. Until then, you will be fine though since pretty much every vanilla game is limited by the consoles anyway and they don't have much memory at all.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    If you worried about not being able to grab the 2nd card when you need to, you can grab it now. But it really up to you if you feel you need it or not. No one else can tell you if you do or if you dont.

11. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    I'm using Sli 560ti's.
    In some games it's pointless, in some games it works wonders.
    For me I wasn't after anything more then a constant 60fps 1920x1080 res as I mainly play single player games where I don't feel I need anything more.
    My aim was to keep my min fps higher while gaming with less dips in fps.
    For example:
    Rage Sli is worse then running a single 560ti
    Stalker Clearsky & CoP Sli 560ti improves my min fps by about 15fps.
    Games using UT engine eg: BioShock1/2, Borderlands, Bulletstorm, ME1/2/3 Sli seems almost pointless if your only trying to hold a constant 60fps as most games on that engine seem to run a fairly constant 60fps even on a single 560ti.
    Crysis/Warhead Sli 560ti's give me a better min fps about 10~15fps
    Skyrim vanilla Sli 560ti's improve my min fps anywhere from 5~20 fps (eg: caves, dark areas with lots of candles)

It's a mixed bag using Sli 560ti's, I can't say it's in any way bad at all.
    It really depends on what your trying to achieve out of your game play.
    If you already have 560ti and the setup to run a 2nd one then I can't see you going wrong by doing so as the 560ti is fairly cheap to buy.

12. 200+club

200+club Guest

GPU:
    evga gtx580 cl-ul 3072
    unless you are a benching queen, wowwwwww look at my score.......then wait and get the best single gpu with the most vram you can afford.