Will the 1st driver of 2021 be more then a common update?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    So...a big NOPE

The Creator and itpro like this.
  2. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    They can't innovate anymore(more precisely they don't care due to Zen milking, CPU dept saves GPU dept each and every year). COVID and working from home is just an excuse. I won't wonder why many red users go green, no questions asked. Boring gpu driver once again. Stable, but boring.

3. Features I'd like to see on newer drivers:
    • Being able to force AF on OpenGL and other APIs other than DX9 (Radeon control panel only says it applies to DX9); I can do this on Linux relatively easily with AMD, and I'm unaware of any general API exceptions on NVIDIA
    • Change content type sent to the display over HDMI; I need to force all content as video for HDR to work correctly on my display; can do it easily with NVIDIA
    • Allow modular driver component installation; I don't need the in-game overlay or any streaming features, especially on Enterprise drivers
    • Faster OpenGL performance; common complaint with AMD on Windows, especially with Minecraft

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Not only is 6000 series beating Ampere but the 5700 xt is on par with a 2080. Looks like this "special driver" is providing a performance uplift to me. Now run along.
    LOL
    :D

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021