Which platform has the most hits or misses?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by death_samurai, May 28, 2009.

1. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I would say the pc has many misses. True it has hits too but then these hits are also found in the xbox and the ps3.

I mean there are many dull pc games out there and some look mighty crappy and they are recent games.

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
  3. chris

chris Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    The pc can be a real bitch to set up for gaming eg correct display drivers,software conflicts and correct hardware set up.As to the console that is just plug in and play.But I would still rather spend my hard earned cash on that killer rig than a new ps3 any day.:)

4. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    True but how many games need say a 3 way sli to play? Sims3, wolverine or COH doesn't.

Also factor the many mnay tons of unknown games which are BLEAH, just a waste of hdd space.

5. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Banned

GPU:
    kk
    Why console fans with their biased opinions visits in PC gaming forum?

6. chris

chris Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    Also factor the many mnay tons of unknown games which are BLEAH, just a waste of hdd space.

This is why we read reviews on games,or play the demo before buying a game,and most of the releases coming out now looks to be pritty good.

7. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    In absolute terms the PC has the most misses ánd hits if you compare it to a single console system.

If you compare PC versus All consoles I think it's pretty much even. Or maybe more misses on the consoles thanks to Atari in the early days :p

That said, I think it's a useless comparison. Commercially it seems that more big-budget games are made for the consoles put together. So commercially maybe the consoles have more 'hits'. But indie developers on consoles are rare or non-existant and it is there that innovations are made or the term "gameplay" still means something (also due to much, much smaller budgets=less pretty graphics)

The PC really shines in this, but because the games aren't dumbded down (for lack of a less insulting term popping into my head, don't be offended), and thus personal preference comes peeking around the corner, they aren't as popular as big-budget games. Which is perfecly logical, as it's the same with movies, music and literature for example.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  8. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Why do people with only 22 posts come in and blah blah blah. You got nothing better to do? I agree the post is leaning on another console vs pc debate. Who says he's a console fan? You do.

9. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Yeah and then there are lots of games on PC that SHOULD be getting more recognition but they sit there with empty servers. Frontline: Fuels of War for example. It's like BF but to me is more fun and when graphics are cranked up it's f'ing great to play. Never have lag in the game either.

10. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    I think that, based on hearsay, the Wii has the most misses. There's supposed to be a lot of crap out there for the Wii. Most decent games come from Nintendo and 90% of the rest is retarded.

11. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Totally an opinion.

Personally I'd say that consoles have the most "misses". Even the "hits" are incredible short/shallow and get old fast. Or clunky controls screw up what could have been interesting for a while.

Gears of War for instance. What a waste of money.

Halo...I mean wtf. There was nothing amazing about the game play what-so-ever and look at all the hype.

12. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
  13. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    ''problems with display drivers and what not on pc''

I had an xbox 360, first week I got it, it broke down, RROD. had to get it replaced, took more than 1 month.

Never happened to me on any of my pc cuz I can just fix it myself

Obviously I have Far Cry 2 which I have yet to play XD
    but my interest for the game wasnt big enough for me to really spend more time on the problem than I already did

14. Forbiden

Forbiden Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS @ 810/1900/2200
    Your PC (I assume you built it yourself) isn't mass produced like the xbox. Mine ran fine for 2 1/2 years before it RROD. Took M$ about 10 days to fix it and return it. I then gave it to my brother and bought an elite. Both are still running fine.

15. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Sold mine cuz it was a dust gathering paper weight

I bought it to play exclusives or games that take a long time to get to PC (GTA 4, halo 3, etc), otherwise I'd MUCH rather play on a screen that's 24 inch big and has the same resolution has the 42 inch one XD

But you now not saying that to ditch the xbox or anything. for me console was my childhood, I take adulthood much more with PC since I'm multi-tasking
    a lot (MSN, web, games at the same time), with the two screens I never miss an answer on an MSN conversation.

Those are just things that I prefer doing on my PC, and obviously theres also the hardware factor, my PC has 6 or more times the computing power of my console so obviously graphics are much better and so are physX-like animations (obviously I have an ATI card so no real physX)