What should I do?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by johnnyphive, Sep 15, 2005.

1. johnnyphive

johnnyphive New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 LE
    Just got my 6800 LE last night. Went home, hooked it up and ran some benchmarks. Bone stock, i got about 2400 on 3DM'05 and 3DM'03 kept locking up on the 2nd sound test. I proceeded to load up rivatuner and got it unlocked to 12/6. I then overclocked it to ~350/~725 (stock was 300/700). I havn't run a second test on 05 yet, but i can now finish '03 and i get ~4200. From looking around here these numbers seem kinda low. Any suggestions? My pc specs are as follows:

Asus A7V266-E Mobo
    AMD XP 2400+ running at 2GHz
    1GB PC2100 (2x512MB)
    Leadtek A400 LE TDH (card in question)
    Sound Blaster Live! Platnium 5.1

Let me know if you need any more info

P.S. - Just remember, I'm running Forceware 78.01 Drivers from Nvidia.

2. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    From the looks of it you are a little limited on your cpu power and ram power you have plenty of ram but your ram is a little on the semi- slow end. atleast its ddr thats a plus no offense or anything. um... im sure you can make it run a little quicker though have you tried any other driver other than the 78.01 drivers? What video card did you have before the 6800? what chipset are you running and do you have the LATEST chipset drivers, which does help ALOT.

3. johnnyphive

johnnyphive New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 LE
    Yeah, its not the fastest system in the world, but it works for me.

Havn't tried any other drivers yet. I remember a couple years ago when i was running a GF2 Ultra, that there were certain older versions of drivers that worked WAY better than the latest ones. I wanted to hold off i trying 15 diff drivers until i got some input on what was good.

Before the 6800 i was borrowing my friends GF3 Ti500.

Running a VIA® KT266A Chipset using (don't laugh) default windows drivers. I've downloaded the latest 4in1 drivers but havnt had a chance to install them yet.

Thanks for the help. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

4. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    the latest 4 in 1 would help GREATLY especially if your using the regular windows drivers.... im surprised it will even run 3dmark without the 4 in 1's installed. Unfortunately im not that familiar with via chipsets and dont know which one would be best for you other than the newest chipset drivers.

5. Good

Good Member

GPU:
    AMD 7750
    4.43 should run well and fast.