What are you proud of

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by proFits, Aug 7, 2009.

1. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Hmmmm

Thats kinda like Russel Crowe from American gangster. :boozer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. Mounty2010

Mounty2010 Member

GPU:
    Radeon x1950Pro 512MB AGP
    I'm proud of my computer for every day its not firing up cause of the heat in my room :)

3. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    And you still have time for games?!? Hats off to you!

oh, and I'm proud I got off my depressed ass, left New Zealand and moved to Germany, got married and got my s*** together.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  4. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Proud of my gaming room. Designed on paper half a year before i bought my house and already put my wishlist on Amazon full of stuff i needed to get it all together.

Can't believe i'm standing here in this nerdcenter and having the fun of my life. Finally i can use a subwoofer because at my former location everybody would've complained, there were ppl over and underneath me.

Feels soooo good. And finally got enough space for VR games.

20200710_205750.jpg

Solfaur, AsiJu, CPC_RedDawn and 4 others like this.

5. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I completely restored and fixed a bike at the age of 19. Bike was a 1980 Honda CB400N that hadn't been started for 14 years.

from
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

toyo, AsiJu, XenthorX and 5 others like this.
  6. Talk about bein proud of dustin the cobwebs off a you tew

I’m proud that I’m a transvegstable ahaharahar I am um oh poop Im proud I kept myself going. Never threw in the towel never called quits on life. I’m finally closer to where I want to be

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
    itpro likes this.
  7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Reported for NECRO. Nothing to see here.

DocStr4ngelove and itpro like this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I think reviving a thread with ontopic posts is just fine.

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yes, the OP is 2009, but in this case, is it this really a problem? I mean if you bump a necro for no reason, okay sure. Let's try and keep the setting here friendly, please.

Solfaur, AsiJu, XenthorX and 3 others like this.
  10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    HH, someone has specifically run a search on threads from (nearly) 12 years ago, and decided to bump it with a single picture and as we all know, if there suddenly appears onto a forum a post that has 6 pages of responses, it gets more attention than a thread with zero pages.

Additionally, I have given very specific links in the past so you can put a block/lock on threads beyond...30/60/90 days with no activity, so the threads can then be archived and this would therefore never happen.

It's just a single plugin from XenForo Ltd and until that time, Necro's will continue to be present and forum members will continue to be annoyed by useless threads from 11 years ago.

It's deliberate, and you have issued warnings for less.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    itpro likes this.

11. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I agree with you @Loobyluggs but would it be better to open a new and the same thread than reviving an old dusty one that should be archived? How does this work better in your opinion?

12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Old threads should be archived because they are old, and, IMHO, 30 days with no activity should auto-lock a thread.

In answer to your question: you cannot reply to a person in a thread if they are no longer an active member, or, have simply left the room and the context of the post/thread is long long long behind us. It's NOT an active discussion.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    BS.

old threads should be left open because they come up in search results and can occasionally have misinformation as the last entry that requires correcting.

14. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Archived is not the same as deleted.

Not saying to delete them, just, let them go inactive and once they pass the 30 rule - lock them

15. @Loobyluggs emotions are high right now, it's a difficult time. I understand that this issue has upset you and I am sorry you feel slighted but perhaps you can let this by? "Useless threads" seems harsh. Perhaps sit on this for a day and see how you feel afterwards? The site's owner has weighed in. @Hilbert Hagedoorn was pretty gracious in his language; it's assumed he can make executive decisions. Best not to push buttons. I've learned this the hard way myself (as I've had a tendency to be stubborn at times).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2020

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Appreciate the comment.

17. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Personal achivments huh? Well since op posted abt bench pressing let me start there.... My max (was) 600 lbs for 2 reps yes Six plates thats almost a world Record which is 3 x my bodyweight :) .

Boxing and Mma..... I fought and won ToughMann scotsdale arizona 2001 (you tube) , Ive trained with guys that fought for Ufc (dont wanna put any names cause of legal reasons, anyway..... iam 43 now still train 6 days a week and look better then most 20 year olds, My weight is 220 I think i might have a few fights left in me possibly? .... Iam looking into training a few guys or someoone i think is worthy to pass the knowlege down too.

Stay strong, and if u guys have any queations for training/fighting iam always here. Nz.

18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Let me necro back this thread in a couple years when Star Citizen will release, i'll be a proud backer.

On topic, i would say, getting into a good college !

19. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    crap I did not relize how old the thread was but thats not 2 say its no good. A good way to get to know the 3d guru members on a more personal level, I think its a Great thread maybe start a new one.

Nz.

DocStr4ngelove and XenthorX like this.
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    To pick just one:

I'm proud I'm a recovering alcoholic who's not had a drop for little over 5 years now.

Had I not achieved that change 5+ years ago, I'd be alone, unemployed, constantly drunk, broke and on my way to a slow death.

(To some it may seem weird I state a thing like this here but being honest and open is important, doesn't matter where and how.)