WDDM 3.0 / 470.05

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cliffgamerz, Mar 9, 2021.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you fill out the driver feedback form below please so we can look into it?

https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

2. Dozeball

Dozeball Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Rx 480 Nitro+
    I have monitored this forum frequently, but very rarely posted until now...

One of two things have taken place to stabilise my 3080 - I used to get random but frequent driver failures running my 3080 at stock which boosted to about 1940 which would cause periodic driver crashing even with an open chassis and a 1300w PSU running it in a room at 18c, but after updating to the latest Windows Insider Dev Channel build [21322.1000] and installing the Windows Update NVIDIA drivers, which according to Afterburner is version 470.05, I have so far not encountered any driver crashes or BSoDs

I plan to run a full suite of 3DMark in the morning, but for now at least CoD Cold War hasn't crashed and my gpu hasn't passed 67c at 1940MHz in games like Watch Dogs Legion, AC Valhalla, Death Stranding, Starlink, Elite Dangerous...The list goes on.

If this current stability holds up, I'm not planning on changing drivers until the 500.00 releases and even then I may give them a miss.

Eripsa and Astyanax like this.
  3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    If you're running Insider preview builds as your main OS couldn't the instability be coming from the OS? Considering an update to the OS fixed it?

4. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    im pleased very good fix for the latest and TOP rtx card.. NaughtyCallCenter liked that too.. we love this kind of customers.. no complaining.. no criticism.. no .............

5. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
  6. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Running these on my 3070, smooth and stable so far...

I wonder when nVidia is going to move to newer 465+ branches on their official drivers...

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    second half of march

8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    These are the best drivers i've tried since owning my current card (6 months).

9. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    I have filled the form and reported, thanks, also if possible please try to look at the driver overhead issues which all Nvidia cards are facing with low end CPU's.

terni4, BlindBison and SabotageX like this.
  10. terror_adagio

terror_adagio Member

GPU:
    7950 GTX 512MB
    Is 470.05 newer than 461.81 hotfix and contain its fixes?

11. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    Its an development driver and not final release build, so yes its newer but not fully stable as release builds will be.

12. terror_adagio

terror_adagio Member

GPU:
    7950 GTX 512MB
    Sure, I guess I am just wondering if it has the fixes in the recent hotfix, as I know one cannot assume by date alone of the driver.

13. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    no resize bar enabled

14. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    That sounds like a config problem on your side under csp, if not running vanilla ac. Specially if you had the csp dxgi flip model enabled, but forgot to enable the option to allow tearing. Else, the benchmark can show capped results when you have the Fullscreen option unchecked (video settings).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  15. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    What a shame, just like the last dev driver this one works *perfectly*, except for Flight Sim 2020 - which seems to fart a lung for a million different reasons. I wish they would get this sorted out already. Otherwise, these drivers are golden.

16. P_G19

P_G19 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 / 6GB
    Along with wddm 3.0 & OpenCL 3.0? Or these will stay in development drivers?

17. floxay

floxay Guest

GPU:
    2060 / 6
    With this I have weird graphic glitches/flickers in r6 siege on dx11, vulkan has random fps drops (like literally freezing the screen for a split second)

Same issue after reinstalling, siege is unplayable for me with this driver (rtx 2060)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  18. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    No those will likely go public for the Win 10 21H2 update (~October/November).

19. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    tried these but got major game lockups on the division2 until removing them last night.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    those are 470 branch features.