very low benchmarking with GTX 260 core 216 ?? urgent

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by aladdin74, Dec 27, 2008.

1. aladdin74

aladdin74 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC, 2 SLI
    hi all i used 3dmark06 basic to see my benchmarks ..and i got a low benchmark 10606 ??? with my specs ?? i realy dont know why and i have read some forums that same specs as mine got to far more than that ?? can anyone explain that for me ?? i have still upgraded from intel core 2 duo 2.3 to quad core 6600 ??? i am not into overclocking business to either CPU or GPU but even without clocking i could have more than 10606 , thanx alot for help

2. aladdin74

aladdin74 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC, 2 SLI
  3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I guess, it depends how good you were able to tweak your settings, aladdin74.

Since you didn't overclock your CPU, it might be a fair result, looking at comparable systems:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=8508597

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=8508176

On the other hand, using different drivers and overclocking your CPU, etc. you should be able to get results like these, too:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=9304150

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=9228529

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=9292201

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=9396242

(...)

4. aladdin74

aladdin74 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC, 2 SLI
    so what do u think of the quad core i have 2.4ghz and the dual core the E serious with higher ghz ?? shall that make difference ??

5. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    3dmark06 is not a GPU test only, it also has CPU test and those combined produce your final score. To test your gaming FPS then try benching FC2, Crysis Warhead and Furmark and post your results. Your 3dmark06 score is about what I got with my CPU @ stock 2.5Ghz. With it OC'ed to current 3.6Ghz my 3dmark06 score is over 15000.

6. OS-Wiz

OS-Wiz Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA 980 SLI
  7. aladdin74

aladdin74 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC, 2 SLI
  8. aladdin74

aladdin74 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC, 2 SLI
    my question is if i used the dual core with more ghz like the E serious would it make more benchmarks score than the quad core 6600 ??

9. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    E serious ? are you serious ? how can CPU be serious or not ? hahahha

Yeah, I know you mean E series. Well, probably. look at my system on the left. I get almost 14000 in 3dmark06 ...

10. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    From what I have been noticing and hearing is that higher speed will normally out perform number of cores. So lets say an E8400 (3Ghz) OC'ed to 4.1Ghz would out perform a Q6600 (2.4Ghz) OC'ed to 3.5Ghz.

11. aladdin74

aladdin74 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC, 2 SLI
    sorry for the serious typing :))) loool
    but what about selling the quad core and getting faster dual core 3 ghz ?? or its no need to do that to get just few benchmarks more ??

12. aladdin74

aladdin74 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC, 2 SLI
    i am not realy into the overclocking either CPU OR GPU so i am stuck with what i have ..so does it worth it to downgrade to faster dual core than having the quad core on lesser speed ??

13. Steven-1979

Steven-1979 Member

GPU:
    260 GTX @ 756/1512/1296
    Architecture also matters. So your 65nm quad is not as good for gaming as say a 45nm Quad. 65nm lower speed quad vs. a 45nm higher speed dual, the dual is better. 3.5ghz 45nm quad vs. a 4.0 45nm dual, it's debateable. What furmark score did you get 60000ms - 1920 x 1200 - MSAA 0x?

14. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    There are like one or two games that will use more than 2 threads at a time... Most games are still a single thread and even if it does have 2 threads for the most part you don't gain very much because you'll most likely be GPU limited anyway.

For now and for probably a long time to time games will continue to use only 2 threads as it's really hard to do something linear like a game/engine work on more than 2 threads.

Bottom line is that the higher clocked dual cores are still better for gaming than a slower clocked quad. If you do a lot of other things like video encoded etc, then a quad comes in handy. But if all you do is game then the dual cores with higher clocks are better.

Last thing... If you go SLI or even Tri or Quad SLI, then the more cores the better - even if you have to sacrifice on a small amount of clock rates....

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    did u disable C1E halt state and EIST enahnced intel speedstep (locks the multiplier)

also whats your cpu score, i cant see it and i dont want to register just for that lol

here is my score 12700, btw look at cpu score
    [​IMG] it depends allot on final score

16. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If you are not going to overclock, then E8400 or higher would give you better performance then this quad at its stock speeds. But, it would be much better to just overclock your current CPU to 3Ghz+ .

17. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Bad idea.

18. aladdin74

aladdin74 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC, 2 SLI
    i use PC for gaming and some photoshop editing and thats it ..i am looking for the best in gaming ..and i will stick to one video card coz of lack of money ...so do u think i should sell the quad and get the faster dual core ??? i am realy confused in here ??

19. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Simple answer, no, keep the quad core. I don't know if you read the other thread in the intel section but you seriously need to stop basing your graphics performance on 3dmark 06 which is useless at measuring it.

20. aladdin74

aladdin74 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC, 2 SLI
    the problem i am not willing to take the risk of overclocking as i dont have the exeprience or the good airlow inside the case so i am afraid of overheating and burning the processor , also my mother board is a bit old gigabyte and i have heard the clocking differs from one mother board to the other ...
    so do u think i have to sell the quad and get the dual core with higher speeds ??