Utah firing squad executes convicted killer

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by ScaryClown, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Yes :) Just finished first year- and yourself?

2. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    GP,well over a year :)
    Nice to meet fellow health care worker.

3. monkeymafia

monkeymafia New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870X2
    Yea I'm for keeping them alive and some sort of Hard labour.If it makes their quality of life crap all the better.

Plus if theres a miscarridge of justice you can put it right.
    Better than "Sorry we hanged your father,making his last hours of life a living fear filled hell."How you put that right?

4. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550
    So Sweden allows you to kill one person in your lifetime and you get a freebie? What kind of message does that send to people? Kill one person we will give you all this sh!t, and if you say you are sorry we will let you go?

screw that. If you kill someone your time should be done just like the victim's.

5. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    That's because people in Scandinavia are much more civilized. You don't see many crimes there

6. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    That is why i was considering moving to Sweden.
    Then i heard that health workers have it great in Norway so im still thinking what to do.
    :)

I know Norway is financing for their doctors and ours to go to Chad and work.
    Six month shifts,nice salary.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  7. hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan Maha Guru

GPU:
    8800GT @ 787/1944/2244
    Before you hurt your arm patting yourself on the back, it probably should be pointed out that Scandinavian countries also enjoy the benefit of many factors that help to naturally deter crime and civic unrest.

The largest Scandinavian metropolitan area would be 30th largest in the U.S. and the entire population of all those nations combined would fit inside the state of New York. Citizens of Scandinavian nations are overwhelmingly stoic white Germanic Lutherans. Cultural homogeneity among small, sparse populations of like-minded people tends to foster situations where crime is virtually nonexistent. Small, sparsely populated U.S. states reflect that pretty clearly (Dakotas, New Hampshire, Vermont, etc.).

Denmark actually leads the U.S. in rates of a handful of crimes, which is remarkable when you consider the above.

Completely apples to oranges comparison between Scandinavia and many other Western nations.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  8. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Should the death penalty aslo apply to minors tried as adults?

9. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    In my opinion 16+ is appopriate for the death penalty.

10. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Yeah I did not meant that there is no crime here. Actually I got my car stereo stolen the first time in Denmark, but never in Romania.... so go figure
    I meant to say that the rate of murders is low, also because like you say the small population but also because of the mentality.

11. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    16,just kids.

12. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    lock them up till they are 18 then put them on death row.when a 14 year old gets lets say a 14 years sentence when he is 18 he will then be transferred into adult prison with the big boys,same thing should apply with a 14 year old that gets a death sentence when he is 18 put him on death row then start the execution in the next month.I have heard things about youngsters being able to get the death sentence but I doubt it cause it would create a stir.

13. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    I see the arguments posted. But if anyone here has ever done anything they have regretted with full heart and has done what they could to make things right then the death penalty seems kinda pointless. But society anymore wants to dole out death for whatever means because society has relegated itself to the projection of suffering. Anyone whom has ever seen someone die will have a different outlook on the death penalty. Not to take away anyones viewpoint, but the desensitization of modern society has seen itself to just "throw away" without regard of the life that it holds so dear.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  14. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    you can not make up for taking Innocent life you just can't you because you just destroyed some ones life/family because you wanted to kill him for little or no reason.my uncle was murdered in new Mexico and his killers got life in prison with out parole in New Mexico State pen wich is bullcrap imo and should of gotten the death sentence but in the early 80's in the state pen there was a riot New Mexico's state pen riot and every one in my family pray that the two people that murdered my uncle were among the 33 dead instead of the 200 wounded and if the two guy were killed then imo justice has been served.

15. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    And I thought I was the only game playing, computer nerd interested in medicine too XD

16. Captain Blamo

Captain Blamo Member Guru

GPU:
    295GTX CO-OP
    nature doesn't give a rats ass about any of that

17. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285

So killing someone else makes it alright? That makes you the reciprocal!!!

18. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    :3eyes:

Regretting murder, isn't good enough. I'll say the same for rape and especially pedophiles.

You don't deserve to come back from those things, if you even could. Trying to "rehabilitate" and provide for these people for life, is whats pointless.

Besides, if they truly regretted what they did, they would kill themselves.

19. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    would you forgive some one who murdered an uncle you never got to meet,or was a brother?I was named after my uncle John and I wish I was able to meet him but those two murderers stopped that.btw what do mean reciparocl?and a murderer never feels sorry till they are facing death cause that's the only time the will be sorry that they took a innocent persons life cause now their life will end just like the person's they took.

20. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Why waste money keeping him in prison for that long if your plan is to end his life though? I believe that once you hit 16, you have developed to tell the difference from right and wrong, and you know murder is severe; therefore if you do it you should get the death penalty if it's cold blooded murder. If your below 16, you should get about 30 years in jail, unless your like preteen.