The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Well this is new.

Half the cartel down, half left. This is taking a lot longer than I expected but it's entertaining exploring the countryside though a lot of the side stuff is busywork and collectibles although the regions are often quite diverse.
    (Though not always very fun, more guarded regions have a lot of patrols and sam sites makes air travel tricky too.)

2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Wildlands does look quite a bit better than far cry 5... shame they didn't decide to use the anvil engine for far cry 5 aswell.

signex likes this.
  4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it looks pretty good, even Anvil Next in Unity and Syndicate hold up and the modified and further developed builds in For Honor and Wildlands have pretty good image quality too.
    (EDIT: AC Unity and AC Syndicate have a fairly low view distance though before it culls model and texture quality quite heavily.)

Wildlands similar to Assassin's Creed Origins tries to conserve RAM and VRAM by unloading data very quickly though so there's a few seconds of pop-in as textures go from blurry to sharp as a result and the specular highlights during rain can make the overall visual experience look a bit too shiny or plastic but it's not bad. Latest patch improved performance a bit which for the first couple of images I went for 150% image scaling so 2560x1440 is turned into 3840x2160 I believe but the high-quality depth of field option sees a large framerate drop during cutscenes so until the story is wrapped up I'm back to native 100% though I enabled the TurfFX setting for the second batch of screens to test that a bit further which well it's quite demanding too but not as hard hitting.

For both of these the vegetation (Movement I'm assuming.) is particularly affected by temporal AA and not having consistent 60+ frames per second or ideally probably even higher so there's some image retention or ghosting from past frames thus it looking a bit off or well, blurry mostly. (Bit more for TurfFX which is more reactive to physics such as wind or just stepping on it.)

Gameplay is what can bring the game down unless you have three close friends to share the pai..enjoyment with since each region while visually distinctive is very similar in gameplay and doing X amount of intel gathering for collectibles and missions to reveal and then 4 to 6 missions before you can take down the cartel officer, 3x officers and the underboss can be taken out and after clearing them all the branch leader becomes available but each mission is quite similar and how you ultimately chase down and capture or chase down and kill the target through a hectic shootout often involving a small army of cartel mobs and Unidad the "police" force of the game popping up everywhere often with rebels joining in and instead of a quick stealth op now there's a small scale war going on in the mission zone. :p

Still intending on completing and wrapping this up, heard things get even tougher in the DLC campaigns afterwards but it can't be worse than some of the patched in content they added. Heh. (Oh it probably can.)
    (The little bonus encounters with a certain something earlier and Sam here in the current one.)

Far Cry 5 feels like they're adding some new things but it's still Dunia since Far Cry 2 and 3 as the engine itself and code from these even if it's been added too and updated over the years.
    I'm not sure if Far Cry 5 actually has global illumination, Unity had a pre-baked but otherwise excellent implementation of this form of light interaction in the game, Syndicate went back to a dynamic day and night cycle but had a simplified form of global illumination though it could still look pretty good and then For Honor and Wildlands likely build on that.
    (And Assassin's Creed Origins really improved on it and the overall presentation at least far as graphics were concerned but it also had a very large team of artists working on the game.)

Once this is wrapped up I intend to see Watch_Dogs 2 completed (finally.) which I believe used a mix of Anvil and Dunia and some custom code, also looks really good though all the memes and such is something to deal with too.
    (But Wildlands here and Bowman isn't that far off from being some darker comedy or parody the way they go completely over the top with characterizations and well some poor developers had to compile each and every military joke in the US for the whole branch rivalry and constant jokes the squad keeps doing. 30+ hours and there's still new ones on occasion heh.)

EDIT: Well I guess Assassin's Creed Unity holding up is no surprise, character models are a bit dated but the environments and scale of the city is still really good view distance aside and hair that looks like metal wiring too. :D
    (And well Syndicate has some nice areas also but it's grey and drab London and the river well what's in the river is best not dwelt upon from what I know of the time period ha ha.)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    airbud7 likes this.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Agree about unity... lighting is superb, much better than the following ubisoft games. I personally prefer pre baked global illumination, rather than "normal" dynamic lighting.

If they could use true global illumination dynamically, then that would be awesome, but i reckon that's still far away, due to hardware reqruirements.

6. _rock_

_rock_ Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MaXThReAT, JonasBeckman and airbud7 like this.
  7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Amazing how well Stalker and X-Ray has held up really, some of the characters and creature models might be a bit dated by now but the environments even without mods have held up really well and the mod tools have allowed for some really impressive efforts from the community such as a stand-alone game and several major mod projects for the original game and it's two follow ups.

EDIT: On that note the 4A engine and Metro 2035 in a more open environment is going to be really interesting.
    (I think the lead engine programmer was part of GSC and X-Ray initially.)

airbud7 and _rock_ like this.
  8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Environment wise, yes it still looks really good.
    But, once you get to the human characters... they look really bad. The engine really shows it's age with their models, how they are animated...

9. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    For me, and i said it many times, as atmosphere an immersion, STALKER are among the greatest games ever made.
    Even today just looking and a sunset in the Zone, the mixed feelings of peace and fear are unsurpassed.

10. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Far Cry 5 - RS3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scully likes this.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  12. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Far Cry 5
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FC5 Cinematic Tools, lod fix, rs 3.0.8. More here

13. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Stealth mission in Wildlands? Missed that... Is this a DLC or the original game?

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's a part of the last update for the game and a challenge running until late May expanding into another one of Ubisoft's franchises to which it seems they're currently making a sequel so this probably builds up hype a bit for this.

There's a couple of stealth missions already in Ghost Recon: Wildlands but the game isn't all that good at this particular element so it's mostly trying to abuse the AI for when you absolutely can't get detected or it'll fail and then it quickly turns into a shootout when you're free to engage, Unidad forces are absolutely the worst faction in the game when this comes into play being able to spawn in in unlimited amounts very close to the player while they're alerted and even the basic grunts are often tougher than the best of the cartel mobs.

Challenge will be available even after the time limit for it is up but you won't get the accessory reward for doing it at that point.

Speaking of Wildlands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a few more targets to go, for the main game at least.

airbud7 and MaXThReAT like this.
  15. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    Far Cry 5 + Reshade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

airbud7 likes this.

16. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Cliff Empire city builder on Steam early access. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Watch_Dogs 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (14 year old, psychiatrist, recovering drug addict and a income of nearly 100K USD. :D )

[​IMG]
    (Not-Google)

[​IMG]
    (Some pretty unique street art in this game too if you explore a bit.)

[​IMG]
    (So this is that fog effect they added huh, well it's impressive looking I admit.)

EDIT: So Wildlands is done and on to the next on the list of the (endless.) backlog which well I think Watch_Dogs 2 is a good pick for clearing the older UPlay games.

Performance problems and crashes hindered things initially but the patches seem to have rendered the game pretty stable as has AMD's driver development though well performance is problematic, it starts nicely but it gradually drops after some time and doesn't really recover though it should be possible to clear the game, highest settings minus PCSS since it's simply not an option and visually well it's a bit of a mixed bag but the game looks good and it's aged a little bit so it's not bad or anything, using some hybrid engine partially built from Dunia tech as I remember.

Coming from Wildlands the game world is now a lot smaller but it's far denser populated and it feels more alive and reactive or what the term is, less collectible hunting too ha ha.

EDIT: OtisINF has a camera utility for this game too I might look into, using the phone works for now but there's the "scratched screen." effect overlay that gets in the way particularly if there's glare or similar making it even more pronounced though even in these resized pics it's pretty visible.

EDIT: Additional images. Seems the game can still crash occasionally but it's still stable for a few hours and this is often preceded by gradual degradation of performance so once framerate dips it's time to restart the game. :)

[​IMG]
    (Hide a tree in a forest I suppose, surely no-one would try looking for Marcus and his nerd friends in the one game store in the city, surely.)

[​IMG]
    (BAARTZ! ...Oh wrong big-bridge I guess.)

[​IMG]
    (Humplagger sounds bad somehow, not as bad as Pisswasser of GTA fame tho' :D )

[​IMG]
    (Water effects might not measure up AC: Origins but they're still really pretty.)

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    airbud7 and BetA like this.
  18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  19. _rock_

_rock_ Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Ruiner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Hattiwattis Cinematic Tools. Keep it running and checked. Follow it instructions to avoid problems

airbud7 and big ROBOT bill like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.