The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    FFS! I knew I shouldn't have logged in before work today! Now I don't wanna go to work! I just wan't to stay home and play. Game seems really decent though and DX12 runs so much smoother.

AsiJu and DocStrangelove like this.
  2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    That's why i took today and next week off. :D i know myself. When i'm hyped and there's a new game i can't concentrate at work. So in a way taking a vacation is better both for me and the company.

BangTail likes this.
  3. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yeah I would have done that but I just started a new job and this being the NHS where the holiday year runs alongside the tax year which is from April to April meaning I can't book anything until April. Ah well, just have to busy myself with work and I'm sure the day will fly, then I get to come home only to have the login servers being bombarded and the usual stuff that happens on launch day so I'll have to just browse reddit or the Ubisoft forums and the countless threads threatening with class action lawsuits because people paid money for the game and are infact stuck playing "Login Screen: The Game" and so on and so forth... but I will have my tins by side and it will all be good in the end. :D

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I can imagine how that would turn out for me:

- I'd need one week of leave please
    - why?
    - there's a new game!
    - tell you what, feel free to take the rest of your life leave

:p

Repo Man likes this.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    from beta i was playing solid at 4K but you need to drop a couple options, first in line: cinematic fog, this things is a fps killer.

signex likes this.
  6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    That resolution scaler is amazing, the only difference seems to be the trees. But still it looks good.
    Everything else i dont see any difference in picture quality.
    Im trying to stay above 75fps for extra smoothness.

7. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Yes you can book holiday. Say you started at the beginning of Feb, you'll have accrued 2 months worth of holiday. And if you're full time, that should be 5-6 days. So a week off. Make sure you take that!!!

8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    It's nobodies business why you take time off. Not their business.

BangTail likes this.
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yes I know, I was just, you know, being "funny"

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Game still crashes for me on DX12. :(

Game runs amazing otherwise, 60fps all the time with only volumetric fog at high, rest ultra/very high/high.

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    You having Afterburner enabled while playing?

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice!

As to the game itself well patch and then driver update and real life and then logged in yesterday and - 15 minutes until server maintenance. :D
    Still from what I tested thus far I like the game, missing the setting from the first one but this one seems more alive and exploration and discovery is top notch and thus far while there are some bugs the game has been really fun though I am taking it pretty slow and just exploring and doing other stuff before taking on the various missions. :D

The little voice quips and such are fun too, chargers are a pain in the rear as always but hearing a doped up Hyena member shouting "Time to level up!" is always fun especially when YOU level up after taking the crazy melee attacker out.
    (Third person makes it surprisingly easy to miss at close range too, not quite Rikker with a shotgun from the first Division but still a speedy little hassle despite the lower health and little or no armor plus the buff boost they do for extra health.)

Will be interesting to see what's next in the game, so far leveling up and constantly replacing gear and then once at 30 the strongholds and world tendency and end-game stuff. Quite a bit of content with more to come and much of it will be free as well.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I keep finding replies about that, wonder if it's Easy Anti Cheat but then it would block it on start and I guess the newest release is not fully whitelisted just yet though I wonder if it's some compatibility setting like the D3D11onD3D12 for Halo Wars 2 and the others though it's beyond my skill to point out what combination of advanced config file overrides are needed or if it's just the game and various injectors and other software being sensitive in general especially for D3D12 though then stuff like NVIDIA and AMD's own overlay software might be a concern.
    (Though turning off Ansel and what not could also be tested in case that's it but figuring out what the issue boils down to might be a longer trial and error process not exactly helped by EAC and it's strict blocking either.)

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I use Afterburner with DX12, I haven't had any crashes or problems and I have now been playing for over 30 hours.

16. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Cannot confirm that as well, having no issues with latest AB + RTSS and Division 2 on both AMD RVII and NV 2080 systems in DX12+HDR. Hehe, dreams never become true, I was dreaming about at least one weekend spent without "fix RTSS and AB" during the last crazy month. ;)

BangTail likes this.
  17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    yeah, 32 hours here, just hit lvl 30.

Been running DX12 with MSIA enabled for monitoring and had a single crash yesterday, but that could have been for whatever reason.

I am getting great performance, 80fps plus when the screen is busy and well over 100fps in some areas. This is with Black Desert Online running in the background lol, 24/7, which eats up some cpu/ram/gpu power.

Also noticed just now that the stutters I've been having are a lot less frequent. The game would spike from time to time for a millisecond but today is much better. I'm not sure if there was another ninja patch applied. But my suspicion is that these frametime spikes are related to servers, maybe they've improved on that.

Overall, the game looks and performs pretty much perfect here. No doubt things will improve with some driver revisions, even if it's 1-2% and when the game gets an optimisation pass and servers calm down a little.

It's also interesting to read a lot of positivity about a AAA game for once, most reviews are positive and even the ever so toxic social outlets actually praise the game, albeit it's not bug free. But that's something that can be worked on with time.

BangTail likes this.
  18. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @metagamer

Yah, while Ubi does do some sh!t I don't like (MT in SIngle player games for example), the quality of D2 is just unsurpassed imho.

The way it looks, sounds and plays are all excellent.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    The MTX is for cosmetic stuff only anyway so it doesn't bother me one bit. Are you guys in a clan of some sort?

20. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Ah! That could be it. I am going to mess around with that tonight. Thanks!

Been holding off on playing anymore until the weekend. I need more than 1 hour of playtime in one go for this :D

BangTail likes this.