Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

Confirmed it's for PS5 and PC, at the same time.
    At a later date for Xbox Series S/X

We’re bringing STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic - Remake to PlayStation 5 as a console exclusive at launch and to PC in partnership with@PlayStation and@Lucasfilmgames

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  2. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Damn, I did spent probably hundreds of hours playing it many times over, so a remake is definitely something I would be interested in. However, it definitely depends on how they do it. I expect that they will get rid of what is essentially turn base combat with dice rolls and replace it with something more interactive, but I just hope its not a mindless hack and slash snooze-fest. Also, original KOTOR had a full fledged responses and dialogues took a long time to unfold, but today you have just a tiny dialogue wheel and guessing what your character will say just isn't the same.

Also, didn't know EA no longer has exclusive license to SW games.

HandR and Repo Man like this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  4. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Don't rebember I ever in my "gaming life" saw so many game remakes announcements like this year in past 6 monts :eek:

Guess many game developers decided to slowdown/postpone their work/announcements on their upcoming AAA titles due to messy situation on PC gaming market. GPU shotrages and huge price increase for those, also lack of interest among many PC gamers who were unfortunate not getting a new gen GPU past year or so also plays a huge role in these game remake announcements lately.

But this situation wont last worever. As far as I saw at least more than few game remakes we'll gonna se in next 6 to 12 months have a potential to be some true gems. And all this happening will hopefully get some more time for game developers to release more polished game in near future. Probably they're gonna tone down a bit game HW reguirements too for "average Joe" gamers, looks like Steam HW survey is marching in place past few half a year or so when it comes to GPU section. Just hope game developers funds won't dry up during this PC crysis.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Or it's the focus on maximizing profit which makes publishers prefer to bet on established IPs instead of new things. Creativity and innovation seems largely handled by indie studios nowadays.

Backstabak, AsiJu and CrazY_Milojko like this.
  6. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Yep, it could be that too.

7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    No I'm worried that this remake will end up being filled with SJW propaganda.

https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/st...^1436168804191531010|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Backstabak, Netherwind and Dragam1337 like this.
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
  9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Imagine being so unprofessional, that you drag your personal opinions into your work. I find this highly avoidable in a professional job environment. Only works if you're showing an opinion that's what's mainstream by now.

If they hire her, she better be writing what's good, not what she wants to see there. Just leaves any future kotor remake to be played a bit of time after release, so that people know if they have f'ed it up.

10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Might I just point out that the writing for this game is already done, more than a decade ago, in the original game.
    There is no need to re-write one of the best stories in games, ever made.
    Her job in this game is pointless and should not exist.

Backstabak, HandR and Dragam1337 like this.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Exactly... the only reason they would want to rewrite it, is to make it "politically correct" in SJW eyes...

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Everything she does "professionally" clearly stinks of her personal opinions... which it always will, when you are a writer.

But i agree - personal opinions and political views should not be shared in a work environment. I have colleagues that do that, and it is soooooo tiring... and surprise surprise, they are the SJW kinda people too...

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It must be exhausting having so many opinions and constantly spewing it on social media. I can't even begin to imagine what's going on in her head and how stressful that must be.

Repo Man and fantaskarsef like this.
  14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    And imagine the time someone spent on clipping together all those twitter posts like our fellow guru posted them above. So much wasted time better spent on actually improving anything.

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Nice trolling mate.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    [​IMG]

People have indeed forgotten that things like video games are not meant to be all too serious in such matters. They should offer just about the opposite to what any SJW needs themselves to address, they should not be political in most cases. And such things should not be brought into games either.

But that said, we too discuss this, and for what? Only to feel bad about the game before it's even released? Maybe we should just install Kotor again and play it, instead of searching through other people's twitter, even people's twitter who's opinion we don't share. Time playing Kotor is spent better, imho.

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Every form of art, and this includes videogames, have politics. It's just a matter of life in society.
    But one thing is to have a bit of politics, another, is to be a vessel for propaganda. This is what most people object to.

Backstabak and Dragam1337 like this.
  18. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I would agree. However, there is a [potentially] big problem here.

It's a remake, not a remaster. A remake often involves also re-telling, re-making the story itself. I would not be surprised at all if this KOTOR Remake did not stay 100% true to the original story.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What... so.. ohh ffs.. it's one of those last jedi is the best shills, if there is one way to piss off real star wars fans well they found it.

This just went from day one purchase to wait until I know what it is 100% before even deciding.

Backstabak and Dragam1337 like this.
  20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I know. Nut when I think of a remake, I think about a graphics overhaul. Improved animations. Fixing bugs. Improving gameplay. Balancing game mechanics. Or even having some new ones.
    Not a rewrite of story and characters to fill some political agenda. I really hope they don't mess this up.

Dragam1337 likes this.