Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. damn that write-up was scathing...

Not disregarding that information which was really informative and written by someone who has a very good grasp on rendering pipelines I'd like to add something.

I had terrible stuttering with Vsync + 90FPS cap - really anything other than 144FPS. In short setting the FPS toggle to 144 eliminated my stutter in tandem with Vsync, or at least reduced it so much I don't care anymore compared to how bad it was before.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2019
  2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Every time it streams/loads something, it stutters. No matter what the fps limit.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, there's nothing I can do to remove the stuttering.
    Any setting, it does it. Sucks, because otherwise I love the game. It looks great, the story is fantastic and the gameplay is a lot of fun. But, as long as the stuttering is there... it constantly get in the way.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    besides the stuttering i got many bugs also. mustly physics and collision related. enemy will move somewhere else suddenly like if they are in the wrong spot when its checked.
    i got teleported through a wall also when a robot grabbed me and i was next to the wall.
    There are also invisible walls , sometimes i move (using a controller) and it stops , sort of goes around the wall then continues walking. its very annoying.

I lke this game a lot, but seriously these kind of things should not happen for a AAA title.

5. yep; I had this ... chronic constant juttering in between those loading segments too 24/7 on top of that as if matters weren’t bad enough right?

The issues people are describing are ... “game related” like an collision detection object boundaries ... problems in the rendering pipeline .. wtf this cannot just be happening on pc.

EDIT: Apparently it isn’t: https://www.windowscentral.com/star...-performance-can-vary-wildly-between-consoles

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2019
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It's funny how people have such drastically different experiences with this game - i have non of those issues, or any other for that matter :)

7. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Just completed this gem...first time in ages i been hooked on a game and finished it within a week. Besides some glitches everything was brilliant, story, characters, level design, gameplay.
    I really hope we get a sequel, new adventure with the same crew.

Also to note performance was generally smooth, with g-sync enabled and all settings max it was a fixed 60 @ 4k - obviously i still got the streaming stutter but was not gameplay breaking thankfully.

XenthorX and Dragam1337 like this.
  8. Well said; irregardless of ... "what" ... this game... Is a gem among few lately far as Star Wars has been concerned. Hell practically none.

EDIT: I'd like to add the small VR contribution from ILM "Vader Immortal" has been a freaking breath of fresh air as well.

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Bought the game on Tuesday, didn't get to play until Saturday, 23:30.
    "Okay, let's jump in for half an hour to get things started." did I tell myself.
    "Okay, just a bit longer" I told myself at 00:30.
    "Well... time to go to bed." was what I mentally noted at 02:15.

I have to say... I love it. It's so fun to play... even though I'm not really good (Jedi Knight difficulty) it doesn't feel as hard as e.g. Sekiro, not by far, and I deliberately did not lower the difficulty. Will only jump to the third planet by now though.
    Still... I feel like first planet's pretty much done, second planet is HUGE, to explore everything I spent a few hours playing there alone. Didn't fell too short, if anything before I left the planet, I looked at the map and noticed how big it was...

Getting that dual blade lightsaber on Dathomir early on was a good spoiler, I think it really helps against multiple enemies like on Zepho and presumably, later on.

The only technical downside is the micro stutter... damn it's annoying at times. Luckily never had it during fights, but jumping around stuttering is feeling very, very werid. Talking with a 2080TI, but probably my aging 5930K is showing it's weakness.
    Will have to read the last 35 pages again for you guy's performance tweaks. Unless somebody's in the mood to line them up for me again :D

So far, it's easily the best EA, and SW game I've played since... well, Jedi Knight 2.

10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Now now, what an amazing experience playing this gem of o game that was!!!! I have no more words really! I completed almost 100% of the game, still some things left to find. I did expect it to be a good game, but man! not that good! :D What a thrill ! For me definitely a huge surprize, and GOTY for me! It's so nice, nowadays, when you get such games late in the year, single player games, that you can just enjoy, play, play and just play. Truly a masterpiece, the writing of the story, characters, the ending really good as well, and definitely, hopefully a sequel to this one! Sure, some performance issues, but it's the engine's fault I think, played for 28 hours and mostly it kept to 60 4k epic, and combined with a good implemented HDR, at times, the game looks really good.

I will get back to RDR2 now, and keep watching that Mandalorian thingy :)
    Now hopefully someone can revive this one, for us star wars fans :D

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

11. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    This is certainly one of those games that demonstrate the impact HDR makes, looks so much more dynamic and the lighting on dashboards really stand out.

On another note I recommend anyone who hasn't got gsync or VRR display go and buy one. The difference it made to the game was very noticable, fixed the smoothness and I could run at 4k epic @ 60 when before I was running 1440p epic ( seperate from the streaming issues ).

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Im playing the game on high settings no issues with stuttering, game is butter smooth

13. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    Turning off vsync in-game and on in nvcp along with low latency mode and triple buffering helped me alleviate the stuttering to almost unnoticeable levels.
    I agree this game is incredibly addicting. I even put RDR2 aside.

Explored Bogano and Zeffo, just started Kashyyyk. I understand there is no particular order on how to do things, provided planets themselves are fairly linear.
    About the dialogue choices, are there substantial differences story-wise by choosing one or the other?
    Also, please tell me I still have a long way to go! I'm really enjoying this!
    No spoilers, please :D

14. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I'm so conflicted with this game, I"m terrible at these Dark Souls style games. I really don't like such punishing combat, just not my style. Having said that I seem to enjoy the game more in shorter bursts, if I have to replay a section too many times I just stop playing.

It's been awhile since playing something where I have to backtrack on levels once I learn new powers. Having said that the graphics are fantastic and when you do hit the right buttons combat is generally satisfying. The lore is interesting too.

I guess I just hoped this would be more of a Jedi Knight game but I suppose this was wishful thinking.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You dont have to back track. Only if you want to collect every chest, etc. and the game is not really that hard, its maybe DS style but definitely not soulslike. Its a little hard if you play on highest difficulty but my guess is that you dont and most people neither.

16. cars10

cars10 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 260
  17. Can't wait for Gina Carano to show up...

serbicu likes this.
  18. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    To each their own, I don't play parry style games where if you miss the timing of an animation you lose half your health and are now running back to the same spot. To me that's challenging (and not overly fun). I play isometric games on insanity difficulty usually so it's just the style of game I'm not used to.

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Ordered a BenQ EW3270U, arriving today. Can't wait to play this with HDR.

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

If i was cpu bottlenecked, then the settings would make zero fps difference, as they more or less only affect the gpu...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019