So tired ..

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by DeathtrapX, Sep 4, 2005.

1. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    x800 XT 256mb sapphire 500/500
    3200 Athlon64
    asus k8v mb deluxe
    x800 XT 256mb
    1024 ram
    windows xp home sp1
    Catalyst 5.8
    Creative Emu10K1 Audio Processor

All my games run like crap on this x800 XT ... might as well just return and run on my 9800 pro for god's sakes. In the bet on soldier demo I drop into the 20's non stop.

Cs:S .... drop into the 30's non stop in fights

Doom 3 ... drop into the low 30's very easily

Uhm F.E.A.R. runs the best outa everything and that even drops into the 30's.

Most settings are on max, with soft shadows off. The thing is, it doesn't matter what setting I change in any game. It all runs the same no matter what. I just put low settings and 640 X 800 in CS:S ... same fps as 1024 X 800 with max aa/af lol.

Just threw texture to low as possible in Bet on soldier demo, and every other graphical option turned off, runs same as everything max ... so I can either have a crappy running game w/ crap graphics. Or a crappy running game w/ great graphics. Wow such choics!

Sarcasm aside what can I even do at this point? I have 4.56 via 4in1's , updated bios to june 05 date, uhm thats about it. I am about to just give up, and literally just give this computer to a neighbor who needs one. I ll take the x800 XT out of course, but I am at the point where this computer is about to get chucked.

Is saving up for a 939 socket mobo (mines 754) , and a 2.4ghz + type system my only choice here? I cannot play games at 20-30 fps ....

2. Mr.Procrastinat

Mr.Procrastinat Member

Check out the 5-page thread just a few threads below this one on the very same problem..although the fact that you have an AMD instead of a Pentium makes it an interesting variation on the common problem of being terribly dissapointed at the x800's game performance.

3. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    I Know I've been reading you guys for the last week, feel bad for you guys.

I am just gunna start saving for a new system , so tired of this. Never buying ATI/ASUS again either, I think asus is a good MB company but at the same time ... I got a feeling I can do better . Perhaps I ll try MSI =/ If I didn't have ego I would really say Fuk computers and play consoles, but thats way to noob for me =P

ATI really has lost my respect though, I believe the x800 series is a pretty bad card line. Others seem to report their x800s kick butt and have great fps in games, but mine sure does not. After coming from my 9800 to the x800 XT on cs:s, I noticed 0 change. I think this is simply cs:s being a crappy coded game, but after playing bet on soldier (demo or not), I am starting to think its my system giving me the crappy fps. Every game I play lately I am blaming the game, its got to be our systems =/

4. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Your card should be faster then mine,still i have 100 fps and above on Css with high settings,may drop in the 70's in heavy combat.
    Too bad it's not working out,on a side note i like to comment that with nvidia videocards it's not so gloomy either.Driver updates seems the most common software their cards are using.
    I guess it's all the same with both companies.
    Anyway,goodluck with your new purchase...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005

5. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    Ah I am screwed then, thnx =p

6. Diamond15

Diamond15 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 1900XT 512mb
    Weird all your games should run fine with high fps. Are you sure agp 8x is enabled and not 0x or something? Cause i once had that and my fps was low and all my games were laggy.

7. Mr.Procrastinat

Mr.Procrastinat Member

Yeah, after about a week of trying to figure out the solution, you can be sure that we've thought of that;)

Actually, we've done everything short of sacrificing virgins and doing Voodoo:).

8. Kylote

Kylote Member

GPU:
    ATi 256MB X800 XT (PCI-express)
    I am going to completely not help the situation at all and say mine runs really well :)

9. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    Why did you post that, just to piss me off?

I remember when guru3d forums had nothing but helpful and nice people =/ Glad to see thing's are still the same.

10. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Guest

umm i get about 30-40 css so i dont see how thats bad, unless it is bad and im not aware of that :D

11. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    I think you're seeing major cpu limitation. When I had my X800XT PE on my old Athlon XP 2400+ clocked to 2.3GHz (400MHz FSB), it was actually slower in many games then the 6800NU i had before it. Wasnt very happy (obviously) and while I got a nice boost going up to a P4, my 6800GT was then giving me better gaming performance. All I can conclude is that there are issues with certain Intel chipsets, and the X Series LOVES a high FSB speed. With my P4 now on an Abit IC7-G with the FSB at 1GHz effective, its much happier (although iv got my 6800GT @ Ultra in atm). Athlon XP + X800 = waste of time, simple as unfortunately, the 6 Series generally seems quite happy with an Athlon XP at the heart of the beast oddly. :(

12. Computerduck

Computerduck Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 240 1.5GB DDR5
    Hrum... Could this be an I/O problem? Just a guess... Maybe the Audigy card on the same I/O as the video card... I dunno..

13. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    You have different hardware,and pcie.
    The OP has agp card.
    Although many reviews say they should not perform different it's still very likely that trouble shooting problems are not comparable.