Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.5.1 release (overclocking DRAM on AM4)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by 1usmus, Jul 28, 2018.

1. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    Hi guys, I created a calculator that will make it easier to overclock the memory. It works with all kinds of memory and all zen processors.​

Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.5.1

[​IMG]

Download latest version:
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/download-ryzen-dram-calculator.html

[​IMG]

News and some important information:
    A huge amount of time was spent on testing, because of this I had to delay the release of the new version. There is a problem you need to know about. Timing tFAW in most cases does not have a fixed time, the rule tFAW = tRRDS * 4 does not work, this timing must be selected manually. For example, 3666 I have stable only at tFAW = 27, and 3333 at tFAW = 17.

There is also a nuance, not all motherboards of the X470 generation received a new bus topology. The difference is in procODT, for example 3666, I can make it work with procODT 48, but some cards require procODT 60. In case of failure, you need to check the neighboring values of procODT.

AGESA 1.0.0.4c has an improvement in DRAM overclocking, at the moment AMD strives to ensure that most of the key settings work perfectly in automatic mode. First of all it concerns CAD_BUS. The values 24 24 24 24 are relevant for single rank. The release of the final bios is scheduled for the end of July.

At the moment, AMD has provided the developers of motherboards with a new AGESA 1.0.0.5. In addition to the Specter 2 patch, it is not known what it provides yet.​
    [/SPOILER]
    Instructions on how to use the Ryzen Dram Calculator to get stable or faster ram on Ryzen systems

[​IMG]

This program is publicly available for publication in news resources and preparation of reviews. The copyright to the logic of the program and the product is present.

mentor07825, Jeggu, Dazz and 10 others like this.
  2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Nice to see you here. Thanks for the great tool.

3. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    Thank you! I want to have a closer connection with the public, because I'm here :)

4. Priyeshbabariya

Priyeshbabariya Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP+
    Welcome @1usmus to guru3d. we are happy to have you onboard here! :)

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yo, Bratan' Hi :D
    Many people find your tool usefull :cool: (Yup Me too)

6. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.3.1 release

[​IMG]

download:
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/download-ryzen-dram-calculator.html

* new extreme presets for samsung b-die
    * correction procODT+RTT_PARK for samsung b-die, all micron + correction RTT_NOM for all memory
    * new V2 profile (low quality chips) for samsung b-die
    * added support high frequency for 4 dimm samsung b-die
    * added support Hynix AFR/MFR in Overclocking potential DRAM
    * pop-up windows are added for some situations
    * main recomendation 20 20 20 20 for CAD_BUS is back
    * correction some timings in all samsung b-die presets
    * some correction in micron e-die preset
    * picture "b-die termination" in folder
    * geardown bug fix
    * minor bug fix

+

[​IMG]
    I have prepared for you an approximate tablet, in which there is a dependence of the change of procODT + RTT on the frequency. The PTT PARK parameter is marked with a blue color, which in most cases will have the best ratio of the useful signal to noise. Gray color indicates what I did not test. In the future, I will try to provide you with a more accurate version.
    Remember, each memory module is a silicic lottery + printed circuit board has a different wiring (impedance).

7. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    A question regarding the use of this tool:

Am I able to read the values needed for a "successful" overclock from it? I already used it to get my Samsung B-Die to its 3200MHz (Kit is at 3200MHz standard) at SAFE timings (FAST is a bit unstable).
    So for example, would I be able to simply set FREQUENCY to 3600 and simply put the values in? Or do I have to take any additional calculation into account because of this? For example +1CL or some OHMs more somewhere? Is there any rule of thumb or else?

But nevertheless a BRILLIANT tool! Definitely useful and works like a charm for me. (Ryzen7-1700 with ASUS ROG Strix X370-F Gaming and RAM from ASUS QVL)

Keep up the good work. ;)

8. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    I want to confirm the words that are written in the news.

I do not have agreements with any resource or manufacturer of motherboards, this program is publicly available for everyone, for news and for creating rewiews. The only purpose of creating this program was to help people :)

Best regards, Iurii Bublii!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  9. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

There are no specific rules, there are some formulas for calculating timings, there are documentation and features for each chip, some settings are interpolation + testing. As you can see, most parameters change with increasing frequency. Also in the program folder there is a block diagram that can help debug the system.

I think that at the moment that the limit is not reached, you need more voltage for RAM. All b-die can 3466 and 3533.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    386SX likes this.
  10. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    My Asus CH6 rig has 4x16GB of DRAM. Yet the tool only reports "DIMM Modules" = 2. In another thread I noticed a more experienced person showing the same thing, so I think it is by design and not an error. Just mentioning this since it can be confusing. Thanks.

11. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    4 * 16GB is a very big load for SOC, I think the limit frequency is 3200. I also want to add that I have not tested such configurations, I will try to do it in the future.

12. Smovs

Smovs Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080TI
    Hi....Wow finaly got my 16 gb running 3200mhz stable on MSI CARBON PRO Ryzen 1600x 3.9ghz great thanks a million.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Welcome and thank you!

14. wantobe

wantobe Guest

GPU:
    Amazing! Thank you!
    This tool made my Corsair RAM go from unstable 3000 to a conservative 3333 OC! Your are my Hero, 1usmus!
    Come to me Ryzen DRAM Calculator version 1 . 3 . 1!

15. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    In the next week I'll tell you about the plans that will be in the next versions :)

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

17. My problem is that i'm struggling with patriot-vyper team(Tried to contact the service once via email and they didn't know about the chipset, now im trying again after one year via Twitter to see if i can get some answers) Cause even if try Thaiphoon burner it seems not to detect what type of chipset are my rams... very unfair u.u

My patriot memory model are: 2x4 GB kit Ddr4 PC4-25600 3200 mhz (Pe000418-PV48g320c6k)
    So if someone here has the same ram than me, please lemme know if you guys knows what chipset it is, trying to achieve 3200 stable, i mean i can get 3200.. but after Aida64 stability test it fails.... had to go back 2900 mhz...
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

18. 1usmus

1usmus AMD Memory Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    Red DRAM Calculator ™ 1.4.0 (announcement)
    [​IMG]
    Red DRAM Calculator ™ - now the product has a separate independent trademark ,to avoid disagreements. The second reason is the need to expand support for other processors on the Zen architecture, for example Threadripper. I think that the level of predictions of the settings can be improved, which I will do in the coming weeks. And now about the changes:

* fully support Threadripper + individual tweaks (gen 1 and gen 2)
    * improved voltage prediction for different processors and their generations
    * additional window that will tell what minimum voltage is needed by the system (DRAM)
    * improved overclocking for some micron and hynix chips
    * the "Custom" profile will be based solely on the data that is placed in XMP. Its new name is "Debug". I think this mode is needed for professionals who want to see all the changes. This will allow them to see some nuances that can not provide the profiles of "V1" and "V2"
    * some changes in procODT + RTT for systems in which 4 RAM SR modules
    * other corrections
    ~ the possibility of changing the topology of the motherboard for the calculations of procODT + RTT (if I have time)

Estimated release date is August 30-31.

Best regards, Iurii Bublii (@1usmus)!

19. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    What slots are you running the ram in ? (A2 and B2 = recommended config for dualslot )
    I have seen others report 14-15-15-15-35 timings with 1.35 V.
    I have no idea what Samsung 11D1 ram is, but will dig some more.

If your taiphoon report looks something like this (report is for 8 GB)
    Prepared by Thaiphoon Burner Super Blaster
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    MEMORY MODULE
    Manufacturer : Patriot Memory
    Series : Not determined
    Part Number : 3200 C16 Series
    Serial Number : 00000000h
    JEDEC DIMM Label : 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2133P-UA0-10
    Architecture : DDR4 SDRAM UDIMM
    Speed Grade : DDR4-2133P downbin
    Capacity : 8 GB (8 components)
    Organization : 1024M x64 (1 rank)
    Register Manufacturer : N/A
    Register Model : N/A
    Manufacturing Date : Undefined
    Manufacturing Location : Taipei, Taiwan
    Revision / Raw Card : 0001h / A0 (8 layers)
    DRAM COMPONENTS
    Manufacturer : Undefined
    Part Number : Not determined
    Package : Standard Monolithic 78-ball FBGA
    Die Density / Count : 8 Gb / 1 die
    Composition : 1024M x8 (64M x8 x 16 banks)
    Clock Frequency : 1067 MHz (0,938 ns)
    Minimum Timing Delays : 15-15-15-36-50
    Read Latencies Supported : 16T, 15T, 14T, 13T, 12T, 11T, 10T
    Supply Voltage : 1,20 V
    XMP Certified : 1600 MHz / 16-16-16-36-64 / 1,35 V
    XMP Extreme : Not programmed
    SPD Revision : 1.0 / January 2014
    XMP Revision : 2.0 / December 2013

The your memory is most likely Samsung D-die

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Deleted member 268800 likes this.
  20. Thank you mr Webhiker, yeah months ago a friend here in the forum, told me that my memory was probably Samsung D-die @chispy was chispy, and yes i tried the calculator here the dram 1.31 and i utilized this configuration:

With the sole exception that i wasn't able to configure the cad bus at all cause in my bios were like 3 extra options.. that was interference with the cad configurations and after using that, my cad were automatically configured to 24 as alternative

where the ADDCMDSETUP CS0dtSetup and CKesetup, while the others options auto was to configure to 20 ohm or 40 ohm 60ohm they were okay but when configurat that options without configuring the CMDSETUP options pc won't post to bios, so i have to leave on auto
    [​IMG]
    And this was the profile that i was using: safe preset: by 1usmus 1.31

[​IMG]

After booting pc Ryzen timmer checker
    [​IMG]